HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa

Old Posted Feb 23, 2022, 2:02 PM

Woodridge Towers [70 & 80 Woodridge Cres] | 118+127m | 37+40f | Proposed

https://accoravillage.com/70woodridge/

Ferguslea Properties is proposing a TOD of 2 rental buildings of 37 and 40 Stories at Bayshore Mall.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2022, 2:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus CLS View Post

Ferguslea Properties is proposing a TOD of 2 rental buildings of 37 and 40 Stories at Bayshore Mall.
Awesome! This area is shaping up to be quite a gateway to the city.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2022, 2:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus CLS View Post

It is still very preliminary, so I won't post any of the renderings (I am sure they will change many times), but here are the planed location of the buildings. The rendering shows the existing building on the western half of 70 Woodridge and a future development at 64 Woodridge to the east (which I seem to remember discussing on here, but can't find a thread for it). You can also see part of Bayshore Station.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2022, 2:43 PM

I see no reason not to share the preliminary renderings!

I particularly like these statements on the website:

The pedestrian-oriented design will deliver inviting and vibrant spaces for both residents and the wider community to enjoy. Retail and services, such as daycare and medical offices, will be conveniently located on the ground floors of the buildings.

The sleek, narrow profile of the two buildings and their positioning will maximize natural light and create a more open streetscape. The buildings’ minimalist footprint allows for more landscaped green space and public uses, like outdoor seating areas, recreation facilities, or a children’s splash pad.

All resident parking will be accommodated underground to prioritize above-grade space for residential and community use.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2022, 10:58 PM

So glad they decided to opt for the taller option. The area can easily welcome this density and more. we might as well merge the complaints the residents had about the Bayshore proposal.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2022, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideauRat View Post
So glad they decided to opt for the taller option. The area can easily welcome this density and more. we might as well merge the complaints the residents had about the Bayshore proposal.
If memory serves the complaints weren't even from the residents of Bayshore/Accora, they were from the NIMBY's across the highway in Qualicum, where the only impact of tall buildings at Bayshore would be the possibility of seeing them poke over their fences in the distance while they BBQ and swim in their pools.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2022, 11:54 PM
inner city

Nice!
I like everything about this so far.

We're looking at the very real possibility of our mall-adjacent & parking lot upfill multi-residential developments outside the core coming through with superior quality to what we end up with at Lebreton flats.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2022, 4:25 AM

These towers would be different than the 30+27 story development, correct?

A whopping 4 towers right beside Bayshore ranging from 27 to 40 (27, 30, 37, 40) floors?
Now that, that is perfect.

This is a great development and the density only makes sense beside Bayshore, our largest mall, no height restrictions on the western side of the city/because of TOD, perfect gateway entrance into the city from the 417/416, and on top of that: directly connected to an LRT station.

This is more of what we need. I really hope these 2 and the other 2 are finalized and then hit the ground as soon as possible, these could be built yesterday and they would be fully occupied.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2022, 4:55 AM

Our *second largest mall*
After Rideau Centre. St. Laurent also claims more sq.ft. but half of that is not retail, it doesn't even come close to Bayshore.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2022, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley613 View Post
Our *second largest mall*
After Rideau Centre. St. Laurent also claims more sq.ft. but half of that is not retail, it doesn't even come close to Bayshore.
Right I forgot about the Rideau expansions and for some reason always thought the sizes were closer than they were, whoops lol.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2022, 2:13 AM

I LOVE this plan. Not only do the renderings not look half bad but the ground-level treatment looks good, it's an ideal location for this scale of development, and it will make an excellent entance into the city from the 417 and 416!

Old Posted Feb 25, 2022, 6:10 PM

If everything on the docket gets built, one of the Ottawa views I'm most looking forward to is from the Champlain Bridge/Bates Island looking down the river towards Bayshore. It will be like looking down the Don Valley in Toronto but on a river instead of a ravine, just constant skyline for miles, except more modern and a lot more impressive.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2022, 7:22 PM

Old Posted Mar 5, 2022, 3:43 PM

what is old is new again

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post
Kind of the same design language that BBB Arch last tried with the initial (unbuilt) Envy tower design on Champagne St back in 2012. Nothing like dusting off an oldie and adding a few floors to maximize the return on Arch fees.

http://ottawa.ca/calendar/ottawa/cit...0Champagne.pdf

Old Posted Mar 7, 2022, 10:31 PM

Some similarities for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterloowarrior View Post
Official Plan Amendment Application
http://app01.ottawa.ca/postingplans/...appId=__8ODN8V

Two new buildings at 22 and 25 storeys, Primarily residential use. Approx 252 condominium units.

Developer: Ashcroft
Architect: bbb architects

Old Posted Mar 8, 2022, 1:08 AM

I'd take a dusted off old BBB design over a brand spanking new Roderick Lahey Copy Paste every time.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2022, 2:31 PM

I love this proposal! I've been saying for years that this property is perfect for some density, but I never expected them to go for such height. I love it!

Old Posted Mar 8, 2022, 2:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley613 View Post
I'd take a dusted off old BBB design over a brand spanking new Roderick Lahey Copy Paste every time.
HAHA agreed!

Old Posted Mar 24, 2022, 6:53 AM

I really hope this and the other Bayshore development get their approvals out of the way and break ground asap. The city is lacking developments that improve housing options on the market especially since if we arent getting the big towers we need to push ottawa into its next stage anytime soon (lebreton flats plan starting, 900 albert, 505 preston, the sky). sucks but hoping atleast these start us with something in the pipeline..

Old Posted Mar 25, 2022, 12:38 PM

If these were condos I would consider investing here! The location is really great for shopping (obviously), transit access, and access to nature trails. And there is a serious lack of rental housing in the West end, including Kanata, and this would fill some of that void. It's amazing how the presence of LRT brings so much TOD when there was already high-frequency transit there for decades. I guess there is something about trains....

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa