HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 28, 2016, 3:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitrek View Post
Would love updates on the Northwestern Mutual Residential Tower and the Westin (know they are probably limited views at this point, but nothing for the tower available and that 833 east webcam for the Westin is way too limited of a view at this point)

Personally hoping to get back up there in May at some point to walk around and take a ton of pictures!
I'll get some up by Sunday for you (got a busy next couple of days). It's ok, I'm pretty tall so I can get the camera up above the construction fencing

Old Posted Apr 28, 2016, 3:24 PM

Downtown Transit Center sale for Couture pushed back, demo still set for August

Quote:
Due to a heavy amount of paperwork involved in closing the deal, Barrett said, the sale date got pushed back to mid-June. The company exercised its option to buy the property earlier this month, he said, and the transit center demolition contract is out for bids. The building demolition is still on course to begin in August, he said.

“It’s not going to affect the timing,” Barrett said. “Our hope was to exercise our option before the end of April, which we’ve done now. That’s where we needed to be.”

Construction of the Couture building is scheduled to start in early 2017. It could be complete in August 2019. The Couture would have 300 apartments in its tower. Its lower levels would have 50,000 square feet of retail space and a large public concourse with a station for the Milwaukee streetcar.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2016, 2:17 PM

Milwaukee's next streetcar extension leads to new arena

Quote:
​The next extension of the Milwaukee streetcar will run along North Fourth Street, linking a major new development on West Wisconsin Avenue, the downtown convention center and the new arena.

Old Posted May 2, 2016, 4:19 PM

Just checking the 833 live feed, it looks like the tower crane is going up for the Westin right now...

Old Posted May 3, 2016, 12:20 AM

5/2/16

Springhill Suites

Arena Prep Work/Moving Mechanical Equipment
(The Park East is all dug up also with groundbreaking set for June 18)

NML

Old Posted May 3, 2016, 12:30 AM

5/2/16

Laacke & Joys (New Bader Rutter HQ)

North End IV

NML

Westin

City of Cranes

It's hard to believe but things are about to heat up even more in the next couple months with the Couture, NML residential, Arena, Bucks Practice Facility, Bucks Parking/Apartments, the Streetcar, 1840 N Farwell, 234 S Water, a new Third Ward office building, and the Qdoba parking lot redevelopment. I'm sure I'm missing some but by the end of the year, the sky should be packed with cranes.

Old Posted May 4, 2016, 7:33 PM

Down goes the first L&J's building. This project is really moving. And speaking of really moving, the hole in the ground for NML's apartment tower is getting pretty large.

Old Posted May 5, 2016, 3:48 AM

Milwaukee (Suburbs) Finally Landed IKEA

Ikea could build store at Northwestern Mutual development site in Oak Creek

Quote:
OAK CREEK — Ikea could build a store at Northwestern Mutual’s development site northwest of the interchange at Interstate 94 and West Drexel Avenue in Oak Creek, according to several real estate sources, the Milwaukee Business Journal is reporting.
Milwaukee is really starting to step up it's retail game. Lots of big name retailers are starting to open up shop in SE Wisconsin. Nordstrom, IKEA, Von Mauer...

Out of pure speculation (no insider knowledge whatsoever), I'm going to make a guess Saks will be the next big retail name dropped in the metro area. They already opened up their first "Off 5th" store in Wauwatosa and I would love to see another wing added to Mayfair Mall for Saks, similar to what they did with Nordstrom. Mayfair seems to constantly be in expansion mode and Wauwatosa seems to be turning into a retail hub of Milwaukee, I would love to see 4 anchor stores which would put it on par with Southridge Mall. It will be interesting to see what happens when they tear that office tower on the SW corner of the mall's parking lot.

Old Posted May 6, 2016, 7:03 PM

Old Posted May 7, 2016, 10:42 PM

FINALLY!!! The Long Awaited Block 9!

Mandel unveils $100 million luxury apartment tower for east side

Quote:
Mandel Group Inc. is unveiling plans for a $100 million luxury apartment high-rise on Milwaukee's east side, a development that was initially conceived more than 25 years ago.

The 24-story tower, dubbed Portfolio, would create 235 apartments on what is now a 1-acre vacant lot at 1350 N. Prospect Ave., just northeast of the Lake Bluff condos. The site overlooks Lake Michigan.

The firm plans to begin construction by summer 2017 on the tower, which would take roughly two years to complete, said Barry Mandel, president.
Pretty slick looking building and I could be wrong, but I see this one running into LOTS of opposition from neighbors and the city. A tower a few blocks away just got shot down for being "too dense" and this tower has over 30 more units. I didn't know buildings downtown could be "too dense" but apparently in Milwaukee they can. In the meantime, it's great eye candy though. I guess we will have to wait and see what sort of reaction the city has to this one.

Old Posted May 7, 2016, 10:48 PM

And an update on another East Side tower getting ready to break ground...

Farwell Tower Coming

Quote:
Project investor Jim Wiechmann, who has a lengthy history of backing Gokhman family projects, is moving forward on his planned 13-floor apartment building at 1840 N. Farwell Ave. Snap Fitness gym members who use the parking lot on the proposed building’s site have been notified that they won’t be able to park in the lot starting in early June.

Old Posted May 9, 2016, 8:45 PM

Update on 3 East Side towers...

Mandel plans 24-story apartment tower on East Side

Portfolio (Block 9)

Quote:
The complex, to be called, Portfolio, will include 235 apartments. Construction is expected to begin in the spring of 2017.
Goll Mansion

Quote:
Madison-based Palisade Properties Management LLC proposed a $55 million, 26-story, 202-unit apartment tower on the site of the historic Goll Mansion, 1550 N. Prospect Ave. in February. City officials had concerns about the density of the apartment tower and sent the group back to the drawing board.

A spokesperson for the group said the proposal is currently being worked on and will be brought back for approval.
13-Story Farwell Tower

Quote:
The project will include 153 residential units and 10,000-square-feet of commercial and office space on four floors. Wiechmann plans to start demolition of the four-story office building at 1840 N. Farwell Ave. this month, and will begin construction of the new tower in June.

Old Posted May 10, 2016, 12:52 AM

Let it begin...

Milwaukee Bucks prepare for demolition of three buildings on arena site

Quote:
“We’re still working with the city to gain the necessary approvals to begin site preparation work, including the demolition of three structures on the site,” Bucks spokesman Jake Suski told the Milwaukee Business Journal Monday.

The Bucks anticipate completing the demolition over the next few weeks so the site is ready for groundbreaking in June. The Bucks have scheduled a groundbreaking ceremony for June 18.

Old Posted May 15, 2016, 5:19 AM

Here's a cool video with a rundown of the towers going up in Milwaukee...

Changing Milwaukee skyline part of changing environment downtown

Sorry I don't know how to imbed the video otherwise I would have.

Old Posted May 17, 2016, 6:19 AM

Old Posted May 18, 2016, 1:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksfan15 View Post
Here's a cool video with a rundown of the towers going up in Milwaukee...

Changing Milwaukee skyline part of changing environment downtown

Sorry I don't know how to imbed the video otherwise I would have.
Wow, that's a sweet video. Thank you for sharing!

Old Posted May 19, 2016, 3:49 PM

Expert: Downtown housing boom to continue, more variety needed

Quote:
Segal said some of that growth is the result of younger people who leave Milwaukee for Chicago and other large cities, but then move back in part because they are "fatigued" by higher living expenses.

Median monthly rent in Chicago is $2,000, compared to $850 in Milwaukee, he said.

So, even as developers continue building hundreds of new apartments in downtown and its adjacent neighborhoods, Segal said, the area probably can fill thousands of additional housing units over the next several years.

But downtown needs better transportation alternatives, said Segal. He praised the downtown streetcar system, which is to launch in 2018, and the growing Bublr bike share service.
It's been a quiet week but these next couple months are going to get very busy. Downtown is already a giant construction zone but the new arena, parking structure, and practice facility are breaking ground on June 18th, the streetcar will be full steam ahead, the Farwell tower will be breaking ground, NML's residential tower crane will be up with that beauty of a tower rising, and the long anticipated Couture will finally be under construction. Also, the River on Wells is on the next Plan Commission meeting's agenda so hopefully that tower gets going shortly. Some other infill projects like Avenir, Water/Brady, the Qdoba lot apartments, and whatever else I'm missing could be breaking ground also. It's getting hard to keep track of all these projects.

Last edited by bucksfan15; May 19, 2016 at 3:59 PM.

Old Posted May 19, 2016, 5:58 PM

Construction of 18-story Wells Street tower could begin this fall

Quote:
Construction of the 18-story apartment tower proposed along the Milwaukee River in downtown Milwaukee that will replace a dilapidated building and will have 57 high-end apartments and a restaurant is expected to begin this fall.

Old Posted May 21, 2016, 8:25 PM

Old Posted May 22, 2016, 8:13 PM

Westin/NML Progress

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations