HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Mar 3, 2008, 11:43 PM

Can anybody in Winnipeg lend a hand?

I'm a mechanical engineering student at the University of Calgary and I'm doing an energy simulation of the recent addition to the Winnipeg Adult Education Centre on Vaughan Street.

We were given some very simplistic, incomplete plans (in fact, no third floor plan whatsoever) by the professor. I was hoping one or more of you could point me in the right direction if you happen to know of a source from which I could get a hold of some more detailed plans.

Or maybe you could even tell me off the top of your head if you know if there's fenestration on the west and north sides of the addition. From the plans we have it looks like the exterior walls are solid brick or concrete.

Any help would be appreciated, cheers mates.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2008, 1:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
I'm a mechanical engineering student at the University of Calgary and I'm doing an energy simulation of the recent addition to the Winnipeg Adult Education Centre on Vaughan Street.

We were given some very simplistic, incomplete plans (in fact, no third floor plan whatsoever) by the professor. I was hoping one or more of you could point me in the right direction if you happen to know of a source from which I could get a hold of some more detailed plans.

Or maybe you could even tell me off the top of your head if you know if there's fenestration on the west and north sides of the addition. From the plans we have it looks like the exterior walls are solid brick or concrete.

Any help would be appreciated, cheers mates.
From what I recall, there is a very small amount of glazing on the north wall - just enough to provide light to a few offices. I don't recall any on the West side except for maybe at the stair shaft?

The architect's name is David Penner but he doesn't have a website. I'll pmail you his email address.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2008, 2:48 AM
surely you agree with me

it as in canadian architect magazine a while back...

http://www.canadianarchitect.com/Iss...06&PC=&btac=no

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan