HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > General Discussion

Old Posted Feb 12, 2009, 6:38 AM
Vancouver Moderator

SSP: Vancouver Forum Rules

The moderators and I have been discussing and we feel that we are going to be enforcing the rules of SSP a lot more now. Below are general forum policies and Vancouver-based rules. Now many of these rules aren't new and should be obvious anyway.
  • No deliberate posts of misleading information, including for thread titles.
  • No expressions of hate or personal attacks towards anyone or group of people. This also includes members of this forum.
  • No anti-social behavior, including trolling, spamming, and profanity.
  • Advertisements of products or groups are not permitted, unless they are endorsed by Skyscraperpage. Posting of news articles from reputable sources with regards to specific groups are permitted, but they must be related to the specific thread or subforum.
  • City Vs. City, Region Vs. Region, Country Vs. Country, or any other similar thread is not allowed. Comparisons between the two are permitted, but they must be positive discussions.
  • Members are to stay on topic of the thread and subforum.
  • Third party articles must be properly formatted and credited (see below for accepted citation format).
  • All images must be properly credited (see below for accepted citation format).
  • This forum is private property. You are only here because you have been invited here. Moderators and Administrators can revoke or alter your invitation at any time for any reason at all.
  • Moderators and Administrators have the right to modify or delete any posts for any reason.
  • Moderators and Administrators have the right to suspend or ban members for any reason at any time. Depending on the violation, a warning is usually sent prior to the suspension.
  • Moderators and Administrators have the right to send warnings. All members are to comply with these warnings.
  • Members have the right to have to ask other Moderators and Administrators to review their case, whether it is a warning, suspension, or a ban.

Proper Article Citation Format
  • The use of quotation tags wrapped around the article. For information regarding the use of quotation tags, please read the forum bbCode Guide.
  • The article must credit the author, the name of the website or book you found the article, as well as the link to the original article from the website (if applicable).
  • Each photo is to have it's own citation above or below an image.
  • The information in the above point must be present outside of the quotation tags, even if all the citations can be found within the article itself.
  • Without providing the information above, your post will be modified or deleted, with or without warning. You may be asked to repost your information.
  • Example:
    Quote:
    On your marks: Vancouver Olympics Games one year away
    WHISTLER — As the countdown clock rolled down to 365 days, 23 hours and 59 minutes Wednesday evening — the magical one-year mark to the Vancouver 2010 Games — the celebration broke out, both in Vancouver and at this mountain resort.
    Source: Jeff Lee, Vancouver Sun

Proper Image Citation Format
  • Proper crediting format above or below the image, with credits to the photographer (if applicable), the original source, as well as the link to the photo from where the photo was found.
  • When possible, images should try to be lower than 1000 pixels, to fit the standard screen resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels.
  • Images should be posted if they comply with the rules of the photographer or the original source.
  • Without providing the information above, your post will be modified or deleted, with or without warning. You may be asked to repost your information.
  • Simply providing the name of the source (i.e. Google Images, Flickr, etc.) is not sufficient.
  • Example:

Photography by jahdakine - the basement is finished! on Flickr

Again, these rules will be fully enforced from now on. If you happen to catch a moderator that is not following these rules or has not properly cited an image or an article, please do inform us. We do make mistakes too!

The reason I posted this as a rule (and as an announcement) is that not all people read the announcements.

Last edited by deasine; Feb 12, 2009 at 6:54 AM.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2009, 6:44 AM

aww, I thought this was a thread about how "SSP:Vancouver" rules...

Oh well

Old Posted Feb 12, 2009, 6:46 AM
Vancouver Moderator

LMAO well SSP:Vancouver does rule. I believe we are the largest, if not one of the largest, regional communities of SSP.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2009, 6:47 AM
Ferris Wheel Hater

Umm isn't posting a pic of Hammond Bay in the Vancouver thread classified as off-topic, hence breaking one of the rules you just created?

Old Posted Feb 12, 2009, 6:50 AM
Dérive-r

Excellent post, deasine. Well organized and informative.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2009, 6:54 AM
Vancouver Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlousa View Post
Umm isn't posting a pic of Hammond Bay in the Vancouver thread classified as off-topic, hence breaking one of the rules you just created?

Fine. There you go

Old Posted Feb 12, 2009, 10:27 PM

I won't be posting any articles and images here from now on, thanks guys.

If you ask me, it seems you three are just getting "bored" again....

Old Posted Feb 13, 2009, 2:13 AM
Vancouver Moderator

I wish I don't have to... but being spoken to by an administrator isn't nice.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2009, 3:39 AM
Shoebox Dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.x2 View Post
I won't be posting any articles and images here from now on, thanks guys.
Cheers to that. There is no point for the citation rule, as courts have already proven that the users on the forum are responsible for the content, not the person who owns the forum. But I digress, as this is not about debating how reasonable the rules are.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2009, 3:45 AM

I thought we were already observing these rules... I've not seen posts where people don't give credit and links for images and articles.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2009, 4:59 AM
Vancouver Moderator

Oh I can't point too many.

I'm sorry I don't make the rules here. Articles we can let it slip, but not so much with photos.

Last edited by deasine; Feb 13, 2009 at 5:10 AM.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2009, 5:42 AM
Vancouver Moderator

While this is followed by most members, I just want to officially limit the number of images per post to a maximum of 10 images.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2009, 6:27 AM

And as common courtesy, if there's already a lot of pictures in that page you should just bump the topic to the next page (assuming the topics is like 3-4 pages away from ticking to the next page)...then post your pics in that new page.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2011, 8:12 PM

What happened to the latest active thread section?

Old Posted Mar 6, 2011, 2:30 AM

^ I would also like to know the answer to that? It was so convenient, I want it back!

Old Posted Mar 6, 2011, 2:37 AM
Ferris Wheel Hater

Wrong thread for this, these posts will be deleted after you've had a chance to read this. The forum was just undergraded, and kinks are being worked out as the heading on the forum states. The proper place to report issues is

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=189244

We are aware of the missing links issues, let the admins know if there is others, there will certainly be some things that need to be brought to their attention.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2013, 3:25 AM
More Towers

Just curious, but my account was suspended and I don't believe I got an explanation on the reason. I also asked to have my account deleted in frustration so if you guys don't hear from me again I'll be a silent member of the forum.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2013, 4:41 AM
Ferris Wheel Hater

PM one of the mods if you have a question on a suspension, and a reason would've been given at the time.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2013, 6:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoaster View Post
aww, I thought this was a thread about how "SSP:Vancouver" rules...

Oh well
Oh but it does, it does!! "SSP Vancouver RULES ...!!! ..."

There you go.
(it's a great web page!!!)

Old Posted Sep 18, 2013, 1:01 AM

FWIW, it's very confusing to see others suspended without any kind of reason provided. It is difficult to understand the rules when we don't see why action was taken due to them being broken.

Last edited by GeeCee; Sep 18, 2013 at 4:05 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > General Discussion