HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jul 6, 2016, 2:02 PM
Hong Kong

hkskyline's 2016 in Kunming

Kunming is one of those random destinations that typical tourists to China don't prioritze. However, I like an off-the-beaten track adventure. To be fair, it has its charms, especially being high up in elevation, which keeps it from getting too hot in the summer.

First impressions matter. Changshui International Airport opened in 2012 with a capacity to serve 38 million passengers.

Like many cities all over the country, a metro system is under construction. For now, there are 3 lines, 2 of which operate as 1 in the meantime.

The city itself isn't so densely-built although there are many projects happening in the city centre to change that.

Rents are cheap. 500 square feet can be had for 1200 yuan a month.

The Sofitel is not located near the railway station, and stands out a bit odd in an otherwise local residential neighbourhood.

Chinese cities boast lively street markets. At night, streets transform into night markets featuring all sorts of foods prepared in many different ways.

More photos on my website : http://www.globalphotos.org/kunming.htm

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos