HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 10, 2006, 6:58 AM
proboscum

Well anyway, since it's supposed to start next year, we can keep an eye on the proposed site for any activity. If the plan does go forward, there will be a lot of demolition, and eventually construction walls with some construction information boards put up.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2006, 10:44 AM
proboscum

The Toranomon Towers Appear to be complete, though as near as I can make out there is a section of the grounds that won't be opened until January of next year.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2006, 10:11 PM
Puyo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeWilson
To be honest I have not seen a whole lot of information on this project. Recently I've even found a different plan entirely. The most familiar plan for the site is the following rendering:

But recently I also discovered this completely different plan:

It's a little confusing to me, because there are two websites devoted to different designs of the same project:

http://www.sunbridge.co.jp/nishishinjuku1.html

and

http://www18.ocn.ne.jp/~nishi/MyPage/menu0.html

It seems dubious that for such a massive project they can't even register a domain name for it. And when you consider the lack of information concerning such a project, and a complete redesign despite the fact that it is supposed to begin construction next year, I wouldn't get your hopes up.
Hard to decide which to pick the best. The blue one look very professional, and other white one look taller. Umm too hard to decide, yeah we have to see next year.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2006, 9:55 AM
proboscum

I prefer the blue design I think.

Harumi 3-chome West Area A-1 Building appears to have begun construction at the end of October, but with its height reduced from 180 m/53 floors to 168.95 m/49 floors. This basic rendering is still all we have on what it will look like.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2006, 12:40 PM

Do you know why the high has been reduced? As Tokyo doesn t have any supertall in the bay area this news makes me disappointed...By the way i think the project is interesting at least as the tokyo towers project.
Thank U

Old Posted Nov 19, 2006, 1:14 PM
proboscum

No idea why the height has been reduced. Also no idea how tall the other two will be, if they'll keep their original heights or be reduced as well.

Also, the Favorich has been completed. I thought I got this one, but apparently not. I don't have any photos at the moment, but here's the rendering.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2006, 12:19 AM
proboscum

The new (and I imagine final) design for Sumida Tower/New Tokyo Tower was released yesterday.

The website is extremely slow. It seems like all of Japan is looking at it.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2006, 8:56 AM
Puyo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeWilson
The new (and I imagine final) design for Sumida Tower/New Tokyo Tower was released yesterday.

The website is extremely slow. It seems like all of Japan is looking at it.
THIS is lot better than last one! The first one look fine, really, but this caught my eyes more faster! Go Sumida Tower, Go! ^_^

Old Posted Nov 26, 2006, 3:44 PM

Tokyo Midtown from the Roppongi Hills observation deck:

Old Posted Nov 29, 2006, 11:21 AM

I think the new Tokyo tower is nice specially because really high but the tower structure is far to be amazing..i think it is not so original and the location of the tower (probably due to the high limit in center tokyo) is really far from the skyline...anyway really good for Tokyo.
What do you think Lee Wilson?

Old Posted Nov 29, 2006, 2:16 PM
proboscum

Thanks for the photos qpwoeiruty. Seems like it's almost done now.

onmyoji, I agree that the design is acceptable at best. It is a definite improvement over the previous design,which I thought was pretty ugly. They've refined the shape of the glassy things, but it's still not very original. I'm not especially surprised though. It's unfortunate, but there have only been a few really interesting designs for highrises the past few years. I keep hoping for interesting designs to come out.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2006, 1:21 AM
proboscum

Here are a couple photos showing the progress on the Tokyo station buildings, taken November 29th.

Old Posted Dec 25, 2006, 2:45 PM

Hi Lee Wilson. I got these information through the web. There is something true in these rumors or not? I couldn t find any proof of these new projects....

1. Sumitomo Estate is planning a new huge skyscraper in Roppongi. The building lot is the place Roppongi Price Hotel and IBM Japan HQ now occupy. Sumito bought these buildings by this month and is going to clear them for the new building.

2. Mori already purchased the adjoing huge land of current Roppongi Hills complex to build one more Roppongi Hills complex (2nd Roppongi Hills). The site for a new complex is to the east of current Roppongi Hills. It is said 2nd Roppongi Hills is composed of 3 skyscrapers.

3. Tokyo Prime Stage (joint venture of Tokyo Tatemono and Taisei Corp.) is to build a scraper (200m. 43 stories) in Otemachi. The site is now used as Mizuho Bank Building and Otemachi Financial Center, but is to be a vacant lot by 2009. In Otemachi, lots of building are planned to construct within a few years, so the landscape around there should change drastically.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2007, 9:55 AM

Moreover I read that there is a project for a 325 meter building in otemachi form the tokyo tatemono. Also the nihonbashi area will be redeveloped...Tokyo is really booming. But in any case I would wait for the official news.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2007, 1:19 AM
proboscum

I've been away from this for a bit, but I'm in the process of updating it now. I've updated the under construction list and I'll be updating the rest later on.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2007, 3:30 PM

I am really looking forward to see your news!!...anyway In the Tokyo page Sumida Tower picture disappeared from the buildings diagram...how come?...

Old Posted Jan 30, 2007, 11:01 PM
proboscum

Make sure you've got "tower" checked in your diagram search. Dylan has been changing a lot of things on the site, and he has now set tower off by default, among other things.

Last edited by LeeWilson; Jan 30, 2007 at 11:03 PM. Reason: change

Old Posted Feb 3, 2007, 2:50 PM
proboscum

All the built, under construction, and proposed buildings have been updated on the main page. The Akihabara Plan Building was reduced in height from 99.5 m to 98.95 m, making it just below 99 m. I wasn't sure if I should leave it in the list or not, but since skyscraperpage.com has space for only one decimal in its database, it rounds up to 99.0 m. Because of this I decided to leave it in. The Nishi-Shinjuku 6-chome West 6th Zone Redevelopment Office however was not as lucky, being reduced in height from 105 m to 87.83 m, so that's gone.

My next task will be to update the renderings to reflect the changes I've made.

On another note, a new proposal, the Marunouchi 1-chome Area Project is going to be the new headquarters of the Sumitomo Mitsui Bank. It's surprising because they're going to be building it on the site of the current JFE Building, a 77.8 m tall building that is just over 30 years old. Seems like a waste to me. Judge for yourself (sorry for the poor photo).

JFE Building:

Marunouchi 1-chome Area Project:

Reminds me of the Hamarikyu Building, a building of almost the exact same age and height as the JFE Building which was demolished to make way for a new building that is close to the same height as the Marunouchi 1-chome Building.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2007, 4:41 PM

I agree..but the shape is quite nice...
Remember that the Japanese houses have a shorter life than in Western countries...So it is a waste but logical for their mind.
By the way did you read that lately has been imposed a high limit for Ginza?? ridiculous!! For mantain the Ginza landscape (???!!) no more then 99 meter high buildings are allowed....
I am really disappointed! Ginza is the real center of Tokyo and it should have some high buil. like Fifth avenue in New York or the City in London..

Old Posted Feb 12, 2007, 9:14 AM
always lost

sorry to break the conversation here, but ~ i've become obsessed with the tokyo mode gakuen tower in shinjuku. i think it's destined to be one of the most-photographed buildings in the world. can someone point me to a place where i can get more info, pics, or updates?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations