HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

W Philadelphia & Element Philadelphia Hotel in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Mar 22, 2017, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trich View Post
Anyone know what the cantilevered deck is on the third floor (Chestnut side) is?

I don't see it in the renderings.
That's just a temporary construction scaffold/landing platform.

See a description a couple pictures down: http://www.ellisdesign.co.uk/tw.html

Old Posted Mar 22, 2017, 1:42 PM

Mar 22nd:

Old Posted Mar 22, 2017, 3:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trich View Post
Anyone know what the cantilevered deck is on the third floor (Chestnut side) is?

I don't see it in the renderings.

I believe that is a temporary platform used to stack posts and other parts of the form work so that they can be craned to the upper floors. I assume this platform will show up on other floors as construction moves upward.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2017, 1:27 AM
Mr. Technology

Nice progress!

Old Posted Mar 24, 2017, 12:15 PM

Mar 24th:

Old Posted Mar 24, 2017, 1:47 PM

^ Looking good. Remember what Whu said, once this reaches floor 10, it's going to start flying upwards. Getting there.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2017, 1:56 PM

The Lobby floor was poured Dec 12th, 49 days later they poured the next floor, followed by 22 days, 15 days, 16 days, once floor speeds increase and if they are able to complete a floor per week at floor 10, +/- other factors, we may see this topped off March 2018, exactly 1 year from day, pure speculation bear in mind.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2017, 3:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidt519 View Post
The Lobby floor was poured Dec 12th, 49 days later they poured the next floor, followed by 22 days, 15 days, 16 days, once floor speeds increase and if they are able to complete a floor per week at floor 10, +/- other factors, we may see this topped off March 2018, exactly 1 year from day, pure speculation bear in mind.
Whu had said once the building becomes typical - after floor ten - floors will be completed about every 3-4 days. So, that would be even faster. Hope the building as a whole is complete and open by summer of 2018.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2017, 3:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Whu had said once the building becomes typical - after floor ten - floors will be completed about every 3-4 days. So, that would be even faster. Hope the building as a whole is complete and open by summer of 2018.
Didn't realize it would increase that much, WOW. If that's the case we are looking Dec this year for top off. Very cool.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2017, 7:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Based on the drawings that have been released it looks like the western end (15th St) will step inward with in a couple floors, but other then a few minor changes the floor plates look pretty typical already. But I'm not aware of any actual floor plans being released so there's not much to go on.

Has the break down of what hotel chain will occupy which floors been made public? I'm guessing if one chain has the lower floors and the other chain is on the upper floors, that there will be a change, a reduction in the size of the core at the point where the two brands meet.

All this to say once the core gets smaller the pace for completing a floor might pick up alittle. I wonder if the upper floors take any extra time just based on their being that much further off the ground, and more time needed to get manpower and materials to the work area.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2017, 7:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Wide View Post

Has the break down of what hotel chain will occupy which floors been made public? I'm guessing if one chain has the lower floors and the other chain is on the upper floors, that there will be a change, a reduction in the size of the core at the point where the two brands meet.

I think they are actually side by side, rather than top and bottom. Which is part of why the core is so long. The Element is to the west and the W on the east end.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2017, 7:43 PM

^ My recollection was that the lobbies were adjacent, but that the W had the upper floors and the Element had the lower floors. No? The core would have to be long to accommodate that arrangement too (until reaching the upper floors).

Old Posted Mar 24, 2017, 8:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Wide View Post
Based on the drawings that have been released it looks like the western end (15th St) will step inward with in a couple floors, but other then a few minor changes the floor plates look pretty typical already. But I'm not aware of any actual floor plans being released so there's not much to go on.

All this to say once the core gets smaller the pace for completing a floor might pick up alittle. I wonder if the upper floors take any extra time just based on their being that much further off the ground, and more time needed to get manpower and materials to the work area.
I am going to go ahead and credit Whu, who works on this job, and says the floors go typical after floor 10 and will then be completed every 3-4 days. Until proven otherwise, he has knowledge. And everything else is speculation. Maybe he will weigh in on how they are varied and atypical below this level.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2017, 4:32 AM

3/23/17

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 1:12 PM

Mar 27th:

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 6:43 PM

JohnIII

I am new here sort of, I never post anything here but I do wonder what impact this building will have on the overall skyline. So many building in this part of downtown are near 550 feet I will be curious to know what's its impact will be.
Has anyone done a graphic of what they think the affects will look like? It the lighting scheme at night finalized?

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 7:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnIII View Post
I am new here sort of, I never post anything here but I do wonder what impact this building will have on the overall skyline. So many building in this part of downtown are near 550 feet I will be curious to know what's its impact will be.
Has anyone done a graphic of what they think the affects will look like? It the lighting scheme at night finalized?
This building will extend the skyline further east. It will be taller than City Hall, which stands at 548', so it will be very visible from a variety of angles.

I'm a current student at Temple, and I have access to Alter Hall (Fox School of Business). Once this tower starts gaining some height, I will start posting pictures of how it looks from the north.

Temple University '18 ']['

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 4:26 PM

JohnIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
This building will extend the skyline further east. It will be taller than City Hall, which stands at 548', so it will be very visible from a variety of angles.

I'm a current student at Temple, and I have access to Alter Hall (Fox School of Business). Once this tower starts gaining some height, I will start posting pictures of how it looks from the north.
Wow, Nice; and you know; it 13th and Market gets built the skyline will have a continuous affect to PSFS. Sweet!

Old Posted Mar 29, 2017, 1:10 PM

Mar 29, 2016:

Mar 29, 2017:

Old Posted Mar 29, 2017, 2:08 PM
BANNED

wow. an entire year and we are on 5th floor. Change should be dramatic once they reach the 10th this spring/summer.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive