HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Royal Connaught Addition in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Hamilton Skyscraper Diagram

View Full Map

Old Posted Aug 19, 2017, 1:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcappi View Post
You can always try before you buy by renting the $82 per night airbnb unit!
The listing is in the process of being taken down

Old Posted Aug 19, 2017, 1:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King&James View Post
Just wondering if the retail tenants have been announced .... also, almost time for big announcement on Phase 3?
Retail tenants will be released in a press release in the not so distant future. I can't go into further detail yet.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2017, 1:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innsertnamehere View Post
looking at the plan I would guess closer to 850sf. 650 is way too small for that, its got a walk in closet, 2 beds, 2 baths, large kitchen, foyer, etc. Its certainly not 650sf.
Your are correct. This unit in particular is upwards of 860 sq ft

Old Posted Aug 19, 2017, 1:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban_planner View Post
hamilton23 has been pretty quiet lately. We all await the Phase 3 announcement since its the Centerpiece of the development.
Everything is being completely finalized at the moment. We wanted to give Phase 2 the same or close to the same amount of an exclusive sales period of Phase 1 before releasing Phase3. We're nearing 95% sold for Phase 2 so an announcement is coming super soon.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2017, 2:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamilton23 View Post
Our smallest 2 bed 2 bath in Phase 1 was in the 800 sq ft range. The listing is incorrect. Also, no one owns two parking spots in the building... could be a completely misleading listing.
It better be incorrect, because the provided dimensions come out to 420 sq. ft. - which means the remaining space in the plan would need to be 400 sq. ft... and no way that's the case based on the scale of the plan.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2017, 2:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berklon View Post
It better be incorrect, because the provided dimensions come out to 420 sq. ft. - which means the remaining space in the plan would need to be 400 sq. ft... and no way that's the case based on the scale of the plan.
It could be one of two things:

- The seller is incorrectly advertising it as a two bed two bathroom.
- The seller is using the wrong floorplan to advertise their listing.

Our smallest one bedroom in both Phase 1 and 2 was 595 sq ft. Nothing smaller exists in the building.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2017, 1:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamilton23 View Post
Everything is being completely finalized at the moment. We wanted to give Phase 2 the same or close to the same amount of an exclusive sales period of Phase 1 before releasing Phase3. We're nearing 95% sold for Phase 2 so an announcement is coming super soon.
Thanks for update! Phase 3 will really make a mark in the skyline!

Old Posted Aug 21, 2017, 3:19 PM

What's going on with the exposed elevator/ventilation mechanics on top of the John Street addition? I thought mechanical equipment was required to be screened from view from any street...

Old Posted Aug 21, 2017, 6:16 PM

Quote:
What's going on with the exposed elevator/ventilation mechanics on top of the John Street addition? I thought mechanical equipment was required to be screened from view from any street...
The equipment your speaking of is housed in a mechanical room on the roof.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2017, 6:29 PM

What are the two large metal/silver boxes visible from Main/John? They're above the John St addition. HVAC?

Old Posted Aug 21, 2017, 6:46 PM

Quote:
What are the two large metal/silver boxes visible from Main/John? They're above the John St addition. HVAC?
Yes, that is HVAC. HVAC isn't something you can house because it needs to be ventilated with fresh air.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2017, 7:07 PM

Huh. Strange. William Thomas is enclosing theirs with a perforated metal/screen material which I guess meets the ventilation needs.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2017, 7:35 PM

Quote:
Huh. Strange. William Thomas is enclosing theirs with a perforated metal/screen material which I guess meets the ventilation needs.
Currently that's the way we have our unit. It's the most efficient way when you consider getting right to the unit to do routine maintenance, inspections, repairs, etc. However, I have heard that we may be covering it with a similar material that you mentioned in your post. It's not against the law or regulations to not have it covered though.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 12:26 AM
Registered User eh!

It may not be against the law or regulations, but it looks better to be hidden from the street.
I would also assume that the HVAC would work more efficiently if it was protected from the sun.

What a great time to be a 'scraper fan

Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclancer View Post
It may not be against the law or regulations, but it looks better to be hidden from the street.
I would also assume that the HVAC would work more efficiently if it was protected from the sun.
It pretty much is hidden. You have to go out of your way to spot it up there or be standing a few blocks away from the building in order to really spot it. If you look at pictures of the building posted on this forum, you likely won't see it.

The equipment isn't impacted by the sun. It needs to be exposed in order to provide proper ventilation for the building.

Last edited by hamilton23; Aug 23, 2017 at 1:51 PM.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 2:10 PM

It is pretty visible from anywhere south of Main with a view of the building... I know there is no rule that says it must be enclosed, but I'm almost positive the bylaw for Downtown D3 zones states that rooftop mechanical equipment shouldn't be visible from any street.

I don't want to start anything, I was just wondering if there were plans to comply with that bylaw in the future.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2017, 2:27 PM

Quote:
It is pretty visible from anywhere south of Main with a view of the building... I know there is no rule that says it must be enclosed, but I'm almost positive the bylaw for Downtown D3 zones states that rooftop mechanical equipment shouldn't be visible from any street.

I don't want to start anything, I was just wondering if there were plans to comply with that bylaw in the future.
After speaking with multiple building inspectors at the city, I can confirm 100% that a cooling tower is allowed to be visible from the street.

Again, you can't see the cooling tower if you're close close to the building. If you're further away and are trying to spot it like a game of Wheres Waldo, then you may be able to spot it.

I understand the question though.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton