HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Sep 16, 2017, 6:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilZebra View Post
Five years ago, a Schizo. man hooked me into his life.

He told me he had to get a form signed by his doctor and then delivered to the EIA office at 896 Main St.

So I went with him on the bus. We stopped off at the 7-Eleven on Isabel @ William. He wanted me to hold his form in an envelope. I left the enveloped form on the 7-Eleven front counter while I used their washroom.

I returned, only to find that the form and envelope were missing.

Five years later I still wonder what happened.

Either a stranger stole it, or the foreign born 7-Eleven staff took it... OR... Schizo. man took it, hid it on his "person" and made it look like *I* did it.
What the hell is a schizo man? Like the old Fuller Brush men?

Old Posted Sep 16, 2017, 3:56 PM
Spiritual

"Schizo." refers to anyone who is Schizophrenic or Psychotic.

Are you familiar with these terms?

Old Posted Sep 16, 2017, 5:13 PM

Why does it matter that employee was "foreign born" - also that you assume that.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2017, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilZebra View Post
"Schizo." refers to anyone who is Schizophrenic or Psychotic.

Are you familiar with these terms?
Psycho is the word I'm familiar with for a crazed person.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2017, 2:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Transitway will cross over Pembina Hwy then go under two of CN's tracks just west of Pembina. The transitway will then cross over three railway tracks between Chevrier and Plaza.
Thank you. Is that cross over to be underground?

The work being done on the Bishop overpass looks like the Rapid Transitway will be west of the railway tracks at that point...thats where the overpass is being built anyway...

Old Posted Sep 18, 2017, 4:18 PM

Is there any plan to fix the horrible setup of the exit from EB Bishop to Pembina? It's ridiculous how it's set up now with freeway exit ending at a stop sign, and in busy times it can be difficult and dangerous to make that left turn to get to Pembina.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2017, 4:55 PM
Think about Winnipeg.

^ It's not an uncommon type of setup, but I agree that the left turn can be a little treacherous. I don't know what else they could do besides put in a traffic light that defaults to a green light for traffic coming off Bishop Grandin.

Incidentally, and I guess this is more of an AT issue, but CBC Manitoba is reporting that the AT bridge over Pembina at Bishop G. is being put off by the city for lack of provincial funding... that's a downer.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2017, 5:08 PM
Starring as himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
^ It's not an uncommon type of setup, but I agree that the left turn can be a little treacherous. I don't know what else they could do besides put in a traffic light that defaults to a green light for traffic coming off Bishop Grandin.

Incidentally, and I guess this is more of an AT issue, but CBC Manitoba is reporting that the AT bridge over Pembina at Bishop G. is being put off by the city for lack of provincial funding... that's a downer.
What are they building now? I thought it looked like two bridges.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2017, 5:13 PM

Honestly I thought the whole plan of the AT bridge was absurd - direct AT quite a bit out of the way from Pembina, then bring it back. There's gotta be a simpler, better way to add a bike path on the existing bridge.

Last edited by buzzg; Sep 18, 2017 at 10:29 PM.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2017, 5:34 PM
Think about Winnipeg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy6 View Post
What are they building now? I thought it looked like two bridges.
The bridges you're thinking of are likely the ones over Bishop Grandin as part of phase 2 SWBRT - a transit bridge and one for AT. Construction is well under way for those two.

This is about the AT (cycling, really) bridge over Pembina. CBC has the details here: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...ding-1.4294128

Old Posted Sep 18, 2017, 6:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
Is there any plan to fix the horrible setup of the exit from EB Bishop to Pembina? It's ridiculous how it's set up now with freeway exit ending at a stop sign, and in busy times it can be difficult and dangerous to make that left turn to get to Pembina.
Made worse because of the entry to the Mcdonalds right there too. So traffic turning left into McDonalds from Chancellor sort have to cross diagnoally.

Ive seen many accidents and near misses there. It can bottle neck with traffic backed up Chancellor from Pembina. People wanting to cross over into the strip mall.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2017, 7:51 PM

Quote:

This is about the AT (cycling, really) bridge over Pembina. CBC has the details here: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...ding-1.4294128
Yes, this is a downer. Incidentally, the bridge was described as the "Bishop Grandin Walk Bike Bridge" - which I guess would have meant some sort of shared path for pedestrians and cyclists?

Old Posted Sep 18, 2017, 8:00 PM
Think about Winnipeg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic_City View Post
Yes, this is a downer. Incidentally, the bridge was described as the "Bishop Grandin Walk Bike Bridge" - which I guess would have meant some sort of shared path for pedestrians and cyclists?
The path along Bishop Grandin (at least the part that I'm familiar with) is really just a sidewalk that's OK for cyclists to ride on. It's the same as the shared AT path that runs alongside phase I of SWBRT.

It seems to work... even before and after Bomber games when the path is choked with pedestrians, people on bikes are able to navigate it without too much trouble. Although there is a certain irony that the city cracks down on cyclists who ride on sidewalks while basically encouraging the practice on these so-called shared AT paths.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2017, 8:51 PM

Quote:
The path along Bishop Grandin (at least the part that I'm familiar with) is really just a sidewalk that's OK for cyclists to ride on. It's the same as the shared AT path that runs alongside phase I of SWBRT.

It seems to work... even before and after Bomber games when the path is choked with pedestrians, people on bikes are able to navigate it without too much trouble. Although there is a certain irony that the city cracks down on cyclists who ride on sidewalks while basically encouraging the practice on these so-called shared AT paths.
I'm not familiar with this area, but yeah, it sounds like a shared sidewalk for bikes and walkers. I would imagine that without that bike walk bridge, bikes probably ride on sidewalks to make the crossing at Bishop and Pembina? Not sure, as I don't ride this area. It seems pretty dangerous to navigate by bike though. Too bad the project is cancelled.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2017, 8:52 PM

RE EB Bishop to Pembina - short of exportations of commercial properties and making the existing road one way from Bishop with no other access there is really no way of cleaning it up. If I recall when it was originally put in place the Esso and McDonalds didn't exist there so those never should have been allowed.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2017, 9:00 PM
Think about Winnipeg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic_City View Post
I'm not familiar with this area, but yeah, it sounds like a shared sidewalk for bikes and walkers. I would imagine that without that bike walk bridge, bikes probably ride on sidewalks to make the crossing at Bishop and Pembina? Not sure, as I don't ride this area. It seems pretty dangerous to navigate by bike though. Too bad the project is cancelled.
The only time I cycle in that direction is to go to IGF, so I turn off at D'Arcy Drive and never make it to Pembina. However, I think you're likely right. As a somewhat novice cyclist myself, I find Pembina/Bishop to be very treacherous for bikes and I'd avoid it unless I had no choice. Those planned bridges would make me much more inclined to cycle around there.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2017, 9:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
RE EB Bishop to Pembina - short of exportations of commercial properties and making the existing road one way from Bishop with no other access there is really no way of cleaning it up. If I recall when it was originally put in place the Esso and McDonalds didn't exist there so those never should have been allowed.
I think it would work fairly well as a (properly sized) traffic circle, as well.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2017, 9:31 PM
Think about Winnipeg.

^ Good idea

Old Posted Sep 18, 2017, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morty View Post
I think it would work fairly well as a (properly sized) traffic circle, as well.
I was going to say you could make it a 4-way stop, or have stop signs coming from the parking lot and EB Chancellor, or restrict all other lefts... but a traffic circle is a fantastic, safe, efficient idea.

At first I was thinking the smartest would be to just close off access to the mall parking lot, however none of the other entrances to the lot have traffic lights, so it'd be near impossible to go from the lot to NB Pembina.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan