HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 20, 2017, 10:40 PM

I am actually super into the PMC project on the waterfront. I could actually see this selling out even if the condo/rental market is cooling down. That Logan Square area is highly desirable and is almost recession proof.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2017, 10:48 PM

That Trader Joe's is so insanely busy-- lines for checkout usually go up and down the aisles at peak hours (I've literally been in a line 100+ deep for checkout there), and even non-peak times it's packed. TJ's is making a killing there. Between the work crowd and Logan Square locals (and addition of how many new residents w/ this project), a second grocery store is needed, and would do really well (whatever the brand it is).

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:45 PM

Amazon is expanding in NYC:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/21/amaz...york-city.html

There's a great city just a short train ride away, very convenient to the New York offices...

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:14 PM

GE, Boston Foundation to offer support for city's Amazon HQ2 bid

https://www.bizjournals.com/boston/n...for-citys.html

Can't wait to see Comcast offer their support for this!

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boku View Post

Can't wait to see Comcast offer their support for this!
They'd better. We already know Amazon wants Boston, even though it has everything they hate about Seattle. If companies in Boston rally enough support, Amazon will choose it. If we want it, we need every bit of help we can get.

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diavolo View Post
I've walked past the Hale building twice a day for the past 7 years, this is definitely my favorite project. These pictures are from this morning.

I noticed The Lift at Juniper (automated garage to the east/southeast of the Hale building) had its entrance/exit framed with wooden studs yesterday afternoon and this morning its boarded up. http://www.theliftparking.com/default.aspx says its being renovated (that info was tricky to find, the main website redirects to brandywine.com) while Google Maps is saying "Permanently Closed". The Lift has become pretty crummy looking the past few years with repeatedly broken bollards and glass panes along Juniper so I'm hoping it is closed for renovations.
Is the back of the Hale Bldg the gay steam room Tom Hanks got AIDS in?

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:34 PM

Those who are interested should fill out the CCD annual survey which supposedly influences their priorities and investments.

http://ccdsurvey.com/

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:42 PM
Your 2016 AAC Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
I can't think of another grocery store that makes any sense. Already a Trader Joe's and Whole Foods too close to this site. Urban Walmart probably wouldn't make sense here. Maybe Lidl? They're making a push into the US. That seems to be more of a discount market along the lines of Aldi though. Maybeeee a Giant.

Unless... Trader Joe's wants to move sites and expand. Then PMC could activate the ground floor of 2121 Market front Market Street, and develop the parking lot in the bank fronting JFK?
I've been thinking Shop Rite or Fresh Grocer (same dif) tbh. The new grocery spaces going in -- here, Lincoln Square -- seem to be just far enough apart that the same chain'll be wanting to take them, and the metro's largest grocer doesn't have any CC presence at all.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:36 PM
Your 2016 AAC Champs!

Continuing a discussion from a different thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
If it were me, I'd allocate the next available funds -- after the Penns Landing allocation -- to capping I-95 up to Market and on the other side up to Dock. then focus additional funds on I-676 capping before further caps on I-95. The entire area from 19th Street back to the Tower, being a priority.
Tbh my thought is that once 95's current capping project is done I'd designate sites facing the Market, Chestnut, Walnut, Dock, and South street crossings (as well as the Front Street frontage in Society Hill) as future development opportunities to knit Penn's Landing into the broader urban fabric. I'd focus greenway capping on the Vine from 8th to 20th while having the last two blocks be development sites associated with redevelopment on the upper Parkway.

Essentially, the flow is: Do 95's current capping project -> cap the Vine while developing out Penn's Landing's existing building sites -> look at creating development sites atop 95 once Penn's Landing's fully built out.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Today, 1:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Saturn64 View Post
They'd better. We already know Amazon wants Boston, even though it has everything they hate about Seattle. If companies in Boston rally enough support, Amazon will choose it. If we want it, we need every bit of help we can get.
Comcast, FMC, Vanguard, Toll Brothers, Airgas, UGI, Lincoln National, Aramark, AmerisourceBergen...

Old Posted Today, 1:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christof View Post
Comcast, FMC, Vanguard, Toll Brothers, Airgas, UGI, Lincoln National, Aramark, AmerisourceBergen...
Have all of those actually put something toward bringing Amazon to Philly? If so, that's a really good assortment, especially with Comcast.

Old Posted Today, 1:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammersklavier View Post
Continuing a discussion from a different thread:

Tbh my thought is that once 95's current capping project is done I'd designate sites facing the Market, Chestnut, Walnut, Dock, and South street crossings (as well as the Front Street frontage in Society Hill) as future development opportunities to knit Penn's Landing into the broader urban fabric. I'd focus greenway capping on the Vine from 8th to 20th while having the last two blocks be development sites associated with redevelopment on the upper Parkway.

Essentially, the flow is: Do 95's current capping project -> cap the Vine while developing out Penn's Landing's existing building sites -> look at creating development sites atop 95 once Penn's Landing's fully built out.
What do you mean by development sites atop 95? Do you mean further capping of I-95 adjacent to the Park Cap on which buildings are placed? Like Hudson Yards?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations