HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

The Ritz-Carlton Residences in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Chicago Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Chicago Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Feb 7, 2011, 11:32 AM

very cool building;

Old Posted Feb 7, 2011, 4:55 PM

I am curious if anyone know any specifics on this buildings amenities? I am sure there will be some sort of workout facility and entertainment room. Will it have a pool, rooftop terrace, or anything like that?

Old Posted Feb 7, 2011, 7:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoguy View Post
I am curious if anyone know any specifics on this buildings amenities? I am sure there will be some sort of workout facility and entertainment room. Will it have a pool, rooftop terrace, or anything like that?
Hmmmm, where could a person find such information...

Click me

SSDD

Old Posted Feb 8, 2011, 4:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headcase View Post
Hmmmm, where could a person find such information...

Click me

SSDD
Haha thanks, I guess it wasn't all that difficult to find. The amenities sound amazing, it's a shame that this building isn't selling as quickly as expected!

Old Posted Feb 8, 2011, 5:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoguy View Post
Haha thanks, I guess it wasn't all that difficult to find. The amenities sound amazing, it's a shame that this building isn't selling as quickly as expected!
No problem -- and honestly I'm not too broken up about this building having issues, I just wish they had them earlier in the presale process!

SSDD

Old Posted Feb 8, 2011, 5:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headcase View Post
No problem -- and honestly I'm not too broken up about this building having issues, I just wish they had them earlier in the presale process!

SSDD
Yeah I know what you mean. If the problems would have started earlier we might have gotten something bigger and better. But now that we are going to have this regardless I would rather see all these units sell as opposed to sitting dark and empty.

Has there been any talk on retailers for the ground floor?

Old Posted Feb 8, 2011, 6:45 PM

oh no.....
Quote:

Old Posted Feb 8, 2011, 7:09 PM

^ Oh, no is right. That is horrendous!

Old Posted Feb 8, 2011, 7:48 PM

Unreal. This thing keeps getting worse as it goes. I'm dreading seeing what they did to the original facade of the Farwell building...

Old Posted Feb 8, 2011, 8:23 PM

What are the chances that the Farwell Building will not be given the white window frame treatment? That will be the Coup de Crâp.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2011, 5:09 AM
Show me the blueprints

Amazing how 5000 years ago, tolerances in stone construction were 1/16". Now it seems we need an inch worth of caulk for these fauxster neotrash facades. Man has come so far.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Feb 9, 2011, 5:57 AM
NEW YORK | CHICAGO

^^^Amen.

So when can we tear it down?

Old Posted Feb 9, 2011, 5:58 AM
Chicagoland Runaway

Is there any chance that we could tear that hideous precast off the structure, load it into a dump truck and unload it on Lagrange's lawn?

Old Posted Feb 9, 2011, 6:32 AM
Paramoderator

I don't really get it. It looks fine to me. Here in Los Angeles, we would love to have something that looked like that built.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2011, 6:49 AM

^ This would look even MORE out of place in downtown LA. The materials and detail would stand in contrast to LA's early 20th century architecture.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=183333

At least (and unfortunately) Michigan Ave in Chicago has alot of pomo and precast experience to soften the blow.

Last edited by Rizzo; Feb 9, 2011 at 7:02 AM.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2011, 6:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kippis View Post
Is there any chance that we could tear that hideous precast off the structure, load it into a dump truck and unload it on Lagrange's lawn?
All joking aside it could be removed more easily than other facade systems. It's pretty much just hung on brackets to the concrete frame structure.

It blows my mind that public universities can clad entire student dormitories these days in Indiana limestone and lay-up brick and a luxury condo highrise selling at some of the highest prices per square foot, puts up chunky precast. I know I'm beating the issue to death in this thread, but after two years with a direct views to the Elysian, I still can't get used to it. They could have further resolved the odd joints or at the very least score the surface to look like stone.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2011, 8:21 AM
TL;DR

I think we've all pretty much agreed by now that the crappy facades have nothing to do with the limitations of precast or the budget constraints of the project, and everything to do with the shitty design coming out of Lucien LaGrange.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2011, 3:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
I think we've all pretty much agreed by now that the crappy facades have nothing to do with the limitations of precast or the budget constraints of the project, and everything to do with the shitty design coming out of Lucien LaGrange.
+1, though in fairness the very lax tolerances for the precast panel construction are a major contributing factor too (not sure if we blame that on Lucien, or the development's bean-counters).

Old Posted Feb 10, 2011, 2:37 AM
BANNED

^^^ Hey I don't even have a problem with lax tolerances if they are cleverly integrated into the design. The problem with this crap is that its so obviously wrong for the style. No one would have left giant gaps between stones in a real masonry facade. That would have simply fell down. Its amazing they are too lazy to find a solution that at least attempts to hide such VE.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2011, 9:36 AM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaLFuego View Post
+1, though in fairness the very lax tolerances for the precast panel construction are a major contributing factor too (not sure if we blame that on Lucien, or the development's bean-counters).
No, any idiot could have lined the seam up between the medallion and the spandrel, where the caulk joint would be hidden in shadow. Or, if the joint *had* to go down the center, design the medallion as two panels instead of one.

I'm just waiting for the builders to bring out the white caulk for limestone-colored concrete.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive