HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > General

Old Posted May 16, 2009, 3:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldlyhaligonian View Post
What time will the meet be happening, I'll likely be able to meet up with you guys.
That's a good question.

Since I'm going to hit 5552 Kaye before meeting up due to the long distance I could be around Scotia Square at either 1:15 or 2:00 or along Barrington or South a couple minutes later.

I guess it just depends on where we want to walk. If we meet at Scotia Square it would be perfect for Spice, Armoury Villa, Trinity, ect. And if we had the time and energy Downtown could be explored.

Old Posted May 17, 2009, 8:00 PM

Due to lack of responces I'm going to assume I should postpone this to June sometime. So how about this as a temporary meeting time?;

Friday June 19th @ 1:00pm @ Scotia Square Food Court

Old Posted May 19, 2009, 2:31 AM

I'll be in Tokyo () until June 25, but I'm home all summer and beyond - if there are any more meetups, I'm in.

Sorry DJ, I forgot about the walk today, though it turned out to be a bit gross out anyway.

Old Posted May 19, 2009, 2:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alps View Post
I'll be in Tokyo () until June 25, but I'm home all summer and beyond - if there are any more meetups, I'm in.

Sorry DJ, I forgot about the walk today, though it turned out to be a bit gross out anyway.
Lucky.

I think there is still one planned for July sometime by "Barrington_South".

Don't worry about it. After seeing the weather today I'm glad it was cancelled anyways.

BTW the date I through out was just a starting point. I can basically do anytime after that point.

Old Posted May 26, 2009, 7:55 PM

In theory just to make a possible meet easier to schedule what day of the week works the best for people in June/July/Aug?

For me after noon on June 19 I'm available most of the summer. That might change though if I get a job.

Old Posted May 30, 2009, 11:27 AM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

I'm in town for the next two weeks or so. I plan on doing a lot of wandering around to see what's changed over the past year.

Old Posted May 31, 2009, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
I'm in town for the next two weeks or so. I plan on doing a lot of wandering around to see what's changed over the past year.
Glad to hear you have returned for a visit.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2009, 7:51 PM

I'd thought I'd re-open this thread in hopes a meet happing soon.

Also to throw this out;

This summer I will probably only get a part-time job so in my spirit of going overboard and being determined I think I am going to try to get a full photo compilation for the urban/suburban areas of HRM.

I am starting to plan out the areas but generally I will be going from neighbourhood to neighbourhood in Halifax, Dartmouth, Sackville and Bedford to snap general photos with a focus on construction. My limits will be areas I do not feel safe with a camera in (Uniake Square, Highfield, ect) and I can only go where Metro Transit goes.

I'll be trying to post some dates ahead of time of where I'll be going so if anybody who lives/works in the area wants to meet up they can contact me.

I am going to try to fit in two trips a week starting after June 19th (dependant on weather). And I'll probably start with trips in town as an update to my photo tour back in March.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2009, 7:52 PM
Jelly Bean Sandwich

If anyone sees a 2010 Toyota Matrix with ABM logos on the door parked around town it'll be me. Come over and say hello if ya see me in the car or heading from it. As mentioned I'll try to get some pics of all the sites whenever I drive by them if possible.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2009, 4:54 PM

So with exams wrapping up on Friday morning and tyhe fact the I do not have a job right now I am hoping to start the photo tours either Friday afternoon or early next week.

The first area I will be hitting is Downtown/Seaport/South-End. So walking from Dalhousie to Salter Street.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2009, 11:08 AM
Volatile Pacivist

I wouldn't mind meeting up sometime, but it would usually have to be Sunday or Monday since I work the other days.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2009, 8:17 PM

Ok so for Part 2 of my photo tours this summer my route looks something like this;

- Get off the bus Cornwallis @ Barrington (Spice & Barrington St Trail)
- Uphill to Cornwallis @ Gottingen
- Down to Gottingen @ Falkland (5505 Falkland)
- Cut up to Agricola @ Cunard (Armoury Villa)
- Down to Cunard @ Gottingen (block with affordable housing project)
- Up to Gottingen @ North
- Across McDonald Bridge to Wyse Rd
- Up to Wyse @ Boland (Notting Village)
- Down to Wyse @ Alderney
- Down to Alderney @ King (King's Wharf)
- Up to King @ Ochtorloney
- Up to Och. @ Pine (Founders Corner on way, Greenvale @ intersection)

Then probably just catch the bus to Mic Mac then to Bedford.

If anybody has any suggestions or maybe projects that I'm missing just say so.

And I'm hoping to do this one the next non-rainy day (currently Thursday) since I will be unable to do one for most of next week.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2009, 12:57 PM

Just reading that tires me out...

Old Posted Jun 23, 2009, 5:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfx_chris View Post
Just reading that tires me out...
Yah unfortunately its hard to cut it short without missing a project or two.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2009, 5:03 PM

Due to another pressing matter I have to attend to I'm either pushing this tour back to Friday or late next week.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2009, 2:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrington south View Post
I thought I would announce this now, even though it is quiet a ways a way. Next summer (July) I am planning a get together for all regular SSP Halifax contributors. It will be held at the Henry House, on the patio, on a nice summer afternoon/evening. Everyone who shares there thoughts and knowledge on this thread will be invited. Everyone who attendes, is welcome to a free meal (anything on the menu) and up to 3 free drinks ( including all alcohol...except single malt scotch) if it is a success, which I hope it is, I would like to make it an annual get together... it will be super casual...just a gathering of people with similar visions for Halifax enjoying some food and drinks... so what do you guys think?....I am really enthusiastic about putting this together...so I welcome any and all input from all y'all.
Is this offer still valid?

Old Posted Jul 9, 2009, 4:23 PM

Let's meet up this month or the next, guys! I go to school in Toronto in the fall.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2009, 5:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alps View Post
Let's meet up this month or the next, guys! I go to school in Toronto in the fall.
That works for me.

I still don't have a job so I can meet up at anytime.

The only requirement is that I can get a bus there but since I imagine it will be downtown it should be no problem.

May I suggest a Friday afternoon? Most people seem to take that time off work and it would be before the weekend events.

Old Posted Jul 9, 2009, 7:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedford_DJ View Post
Is this offer still valid?
yes it is, but do to the fact that there seems to be quite a few new faces on ssp Halifax,
I am going to make a few alterations to the original idea....
-a provide snack tray's ( no not the kind on a woman's chest ), finger foods and appetizers, instead of ordering off the menu. This way all the food will be prepared in the morning, so the kitchen will not be busy making meals during peak hours.....

everyone will have a full tummy....
guaranteed

-b if 7 or less people come, than each person is welcome to have two Adult beverages (accept DJ....he can have apple juice) if the number grows beyond that, than unfortunately I am going to have to limit it to one...
I know this sucks,
and I regret changing the details, but at the time I really did not envision more than 5-6 people....my mistake....
but who knows, if we are having a good time, there is a very good chance I will buy seconds or thirds

It will be held on Sat Aug 1 @ 4:30-whenever,
on the patio,
if the weather is crap, then we will rescedual.....
the reason I chose Aug 1 because the weather is sweet today
,but it has been crap for so long, so I would like to get further into the summer,
hopefully the weather will be More stable by then.

I would like to make a couple things clear however.....

1- New people to the site are welcome, but you had to start posting as of June 1st to be valid, and have been fairly regular since then. To all you newbies under 2 months, don't worry, stay active on the thread, and you can come next year!!
2- People who only post once in a blue moon, like jet, or zet or alps...are totally cool, just as long as I have noticed you since I have joined....if you have not posted since before last sep....it's a no go...get active!!
3- Lets face it....I'm the biggest prick on this site!!!...no pun intended... ...and I have clashed with many people. I have been rude, uncivilized and offensive, on many occasions, and I am not proud of that. I am cutting down big time. However I hold no beef's with anyone, and I hope for this day, neither will you. every and all contributers are as welcome as every other contributar....Empire is just as Welcome as Someone123, SDM, or Bedford Dj....for this day, we should be a community of equals......and I have a very good felling that everyone is going to get along great and this will become annuall.....so eastcoastal, waya, spastin...I hope you all turn out...the more the merrier

-4 you must RSVP one week in advance!!!...no exseption's....so plans can be made

-5 please PM me to RSVP

-6...cheers!!!.....

Old Posted Jul 9, 2009, 8:35 PM
we built this city

Cheers, I'm RSVPing... I hope I can make it out.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > General