HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Mar 16, 2022, 7:23 AM
An Optimistic Realist

Canadian province/ U.S. state analogues

Just an interesting thing I wanted to do to gather how similar and different Canada is compared to it's southern neighbor.

For this discussion, I am aware that the number of federal sub-entities are different. But certain states/provinces have similar history and roles in each country. But nuance exists and we may not all agree.

Ontario appears to be like New York ( has the largest city which is also very cosmopolitan) and California (most populous subdivision, center of film industry as well unless that spot is also for British Columbia).

Quebec has characteristics of both Louisiana ( French influence) and Texas( feels itself to be independent)

British Columbia, once again, has some similarities to California and the rest of the West Coast ( since it, along with Washington State and Oregon, are collectively the Pacific Northwest).

I'm not too familiar with the other provinces ( and we can stick with just the provinces rather than include the territories). What do you guys think and which states share similarities with which province.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada