HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Sports & Outdoor Recreation

Old Posted Dec 17, 2011, 10:04 AM

NLL to Vancouver?

Here's a link:
http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/w...240/story.html

What do you guys think?

Seems like Aquilini's might be involved in discussions about having NLL apart of their sporting fold.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2011, 5:58 PM
Ferris Wheel Hater

Hasn't this been done before, even twice maybe? Not sure there's a large enough market that is interested in it to make it work. Hope it works out though.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2011, 6:10 PM

This will only work if the Canucks are on board as either co-owners or true partners as is the case in other NLL cities. If they try to go at it alone like last time it won't last long.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2011, 7:04 PM

No. it's only been done once before (from 2002-2004), until ownership ran into a series of financial issues. It's unfortunate, as I was curious about the Ravens when they were here for the short time. I think they would and could do well, there certainly is a market for professional lacrosse (the players get paid maybe even less than what CFL or MLS players make).

I also agree that the only way that this would work is if the Canucks are on board, and if the Aquilini's specifically are on board with this. Only then, could I see it working. Other than that, it will work, but the team may run into financial difficulties again, paving the way for relocation (sigh..again).

Really, I think besides the 'Caps and Lions, if any other league wanted to invest in CoV with professional teams - I think it'd have to go through the Canucks (i.e. if the NBA returned, or if even if the NLL returned, both those pro teams would have to be affiliated in some way shape or form with CSE).

Old Posted Dec 18, 2011, 3:32 AM

IME Lacrosse is a lot more fun to play than to watch-I wouldn't pay to see a game.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2011, 10:43 AM

I think any sport is almost always more fun to participate and play, than to watch. It's fun to be involved in a sport, rather than just watch. I never got the chance to see the Ravens when they were here in Vancouver, from 2002-2004. So if they do make a return to the city, I'd definitely go and support the team. I'd watch a few games live.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Sports & Outdoor Recreation