HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Aug 10, 2011, 7:04 AM
Paramoderator

New York Part 2 - Dinosaurs, Midtown, Downtown, Shake Shack, and more!

Last time on Part 1:

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=192456

This time on Part 2:

Dinosaurs! And excuse the slight blurriness. I have been having issues with my camera AKA it is dying a slow death. Waiting for the 5D MKIII to upgrade.

The logical conclusion to a NHM excursion? Breakfast! At Bryant Park!

As my excursion to New York was based around me going to a writing class as Sarah Lawrence, I interacted with a lot of locals. Naturally, my first question, me being from L.A., was where the best hamburger was. I was told time and time again, "Shake Shack!" And so, I set off to find this mystical Shack Shack. And then, there it was.

Now, I must say, I was disappointed. Maybe my L.A. self was just spoiled by having so many good hamburgers in close proximity. Maybe I got a dud. Who knows? The point is, I found it dull and unexciting. A non-innovative, stereotypical example of a hamburger. Ah, well. Every city has their strengths and weaknesses concerning food. For example, New York has pizza far better then L.A. could ever hope to have. Anyways. My dinner would end up being better (Sushi Azabu - OMG THE BEST SUSHI EVER! AND I KNOW EVERY SUSHI RESTAURANT IN L.A., BUT SUSHI AZABU STILL EDGED THOSE OUT!!).

Next, we go to Midtown (however briefly).

Taking the pictures of the NYTimes Tower involved me being dangerously close to Times Square. The stench of Midwesterner was almost too overwhelming, and I needed to leave soon.

Ah, Downtown.

And, on the way to the Airport, I stumbled by Tauren. The next few pictures from DoBro were taken from a moving taxi. Excuse the bad-ness.

And that's it! See you next time, when I finally get around to posting pictures from another one of my summer vacations. Will it be Copenhagen? Malmo? Berlin? Paris? San Diego? Seattle? Who knows!

Old Posted Aug 10, 2011, 11:58 AM
BANNED

I love downtown. Nice photo.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2011, 1:51 PM

Shake Shack burgers are fantastic. They're perfectly juicy, wonderfully flavorful, and just the right size so that I don't walk out feeling horribly heavy. I like that they use potato bread for the bun as well. It might be a relatively straightforward burger, but I'll take flavor over innovation any day.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2011, 3:04 PM

I like 5 Guys out of DC for hamburgers. They are opening every where now. Hope they don't lose their quality with the expansion. Hamburgers & french fries, made as they are meant to be -- simply good. Of course, I am a smelly Midwesterner. What would I know?

Old Posted Aug 10, 2011, 5:32 PM
International

i'll be having shake shack in dc next week

btw, what are you shooting with? isn't a high-end, full-frame professional cam - like the 5d3 - overkill to replace (a cam that takes) photos that look very p&s in nature?

Old Posted Aug 10, 2011, 5:53 PM
Paramoderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofthehill View Post
i'll be having shake shack in dc next week

btw, what are you shooting with? isn't a high-end, full-frame professional cam - like the 5d3 - overkill to replace (a cam that takes) photos that look very p&s in nature?
Nope, and for a couple reasons. I'm shooting with an XSI. I have been for a while. There was a point when my photos looked to be of a DSLR. Now, due to deterioration, they look more like a p&s. Another reason I wanted a MKIII is because I take videos, and wanted a full frame camera. That criteria sort of narrows down the playing field.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2011, 8:45 PM
Fourth and Main

I wish Shake Shack would open a location in Atlanta. They have large crowds of people waiting in line and great food. They are the summer destination for burgers in New York City. The potato bun is the best. I like to use potato or onion buns on my own burgers.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2011, 7:36 PM

Thanks for your post. The photos are amazing. The best burgers in NYC, however, are at Bare Burger. Shhhh....

Old Posted Aug 11, 2011, 8:25 PM
FUS RO DAH!

reminds me of a more cubic version of the London Strata

http://www.skyscrapernews.com/pictur..._pic3.jpg&no=3

btw, cool dinossaur pics. I saw last week an exposition of South American dinossaurs here at a Porto Alegre mall. The giganotosaurus was pretty cool. Too bad they didnt had any open space inside the mall large enough for the Argentinosaurus!!

http://bibliotecaets.blogspot.com/20...711-28811.html

Old Posted Aug 16, 2011, 3:41 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

why oh why would you get an la styled burger in nyc? next time get a nyc style burger. big, fat and rare. when in rome...!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos