HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Sep 8, 2016, 5:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDay View Post
Hi all -

I've formally launched BoiseDev.com. I've been working on it for a while. There's a new Project Tracker feature, plus I've revived the Boise development map that I maintained at KTVB when I was there.

Soon, all my little Twitter-items will be searchable on the site (the current "quick hits" Twitter feed is a placeholder... but it's taking time to try and get a good base built up). Plus in-depth stories and more as we go along.

Would love to hear your feedback and ideas.

--Don

Dang.. Awesome website!!

Old Posted Sep 8, 2016, 2:24 PM

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/boise-...140000046.html

Boise Commercial Real Estate Market in High Gear According to Cushman & Wakefield/Commerce 2016 Mid-Year Report

Quote:
BOISE, ID--(Marketwired - Aug 23, 2016) - According to Cushman & Wakefield/Commerce's 2016 Mid-Year report, Treasure Valley's office, retail and industrial markets were in extreme high demand. Each market saw a decrease in vacancy and demand was far out pacing supply for quality product. The Boise economy continued to perform well, reflecting a strong commercial real estate market.

"At mid-year, the Boise commercial real estate market is seeing strong demand for office, retail and industrial space," said Peter O'Brien, Director at the Cushman & Wakefield/Commerce Boise office. "The combination of growth by local businesses in addition to interest from out-of-state companies looking at the Treasure Valley for expansion or relocation opportunities will continue to drive activity."
http://www.kivitv.com/news/mayor-bie...downtown-boise

Mayor Bieter talks future of downtown Boise

Quote:
Among the other topics Mayor Bieter discussed for the future of downtown was the expansion of the library, plans to redo the plaza in front of Boise City Hall and even a possible downtown stadium for sporting events.

Last edited by Cottonwood; Sep 8, 2016 at 3:55 PM.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2016, 6:49 PM

Transportation related posts from this page and the previous page have been moved to the Boise Transportation Thread.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/l...ylink=hpdigest

Former Boise International Market will be rebuilt, not torn down

Last edited by Cottonwood; Sep 14, 2016 at 4:16 PM.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2016, 9:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
Transportation related posts from this page and the previous page have been moved to the Boise Transportation Thread.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
My error. Wasn't actually aware there was a thread for that until yesterday. Should have posted there.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2016, 6:55 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

crane spotting
Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Old Posted Sep 11, 2016, 7:22 PM

/var/folders/2n/58j7ssx9525g6w85zqffzdnm0000gn/T/com.apple.iChat/Messages/Transfers/IMG_4604-1.JPG/var/folders/2n/58j7ssx9525g6w85zqffzdnm0000gn/T/com.apple.iChat/Messages/Transfers/IMG_4603-2.JPG

Old Posted Sep 11, 2016, 7:35 PM

Old Posted Sep 11, 2016, 11:21 PM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

I am posting more City Center Plaza pics in my Fall thread,
minus the hot wings gone wild.

The Fall Colors of Boise

Have you also learned that secret from the river; that there is no such thing as time? That the river is everywhere at the same time, at the source and at the mouth, at the waterfall, at the ferry, at the current, in the ocean and in the mountains.-Hermann Hesse

Last edited by Sawtooth; Sep 12, 2016 at 12:12 AM.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2016, 3:49 PM
not a cynic

Highlands Cove under way. 57 homes. Foothills location is at far east end of Crane Creek Golf Course. It will connect the top of Highland View (15th st extended) with Braemere via Chardie. It will also be highly visible up 8th st where 8th meets Highland View.

More info: http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/l...e83467737.html

Source of the following pic is the developer's site: http://highlandscoveboise.com

My pic of 8th St realignment, which you can see at the bottom center in above plat map.

Last edited by boisecynic; Sep 13, 2016 at 4:03 PM.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2016, 11:23 PM

So, Boise Cynic, is access to this Highlands Cove solely through 15th St or also through 8th?

Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 2:09 PM
not a cynic

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureNorthEnder View Post
So, Boise Cynic, is access to this Highlands Cove solely through 15th St or also through 8th?
There will be no access to or from 8th as you can see from the plat map above. There used to be a connection but there hasn't been for a long time. What's new is a loop connection between Braemere and Highland View, so there will be 2 ways in and out. Braemere via Bogus Basin Rd and Highland View via 15th. The roads are a bit confusing up there, you really need to study it on the map. Cottonwood, I know this is sounding too transy but it's hard to separate this 57 home development from its road work.

I might add I hope they've done their geotechnical homework. It looks to me like there's going to be significant hillside cut and fill work. Sawtooth, go check it out. Best view is from the 2 dead ends off of Braemere.

Last edited by boisecynic; Sep 14, 2016 at 2:49 PM.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 3:48 PM

Pollo Rey/Diablo Mezcaleria

A little more on the new Diablo Mezcaleria set to open at 8th/Idaho - looks like some interesting ideas (including a bar overlooking Idaho)

http://boisedev.com/quick-hits-1/201...blo-mezcaleria

Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 4:06 PM

Quote:
My error. Wasn't actually aware there was a thread for that until yesterday. Should have posted there.
I think some other members do not realize there are more Boise and Idaho threads in addition to this main development thread. They may subscribe to this thread and not see the rest of the threads.
Thanks for the info you share with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisecynic View Post
Cottonwood, I know this is sounding too transy but it's hard to separate this 57 home development from its road work.
No worries. 57 new homes, I bet the people who live on 15th and Harrison are excited.

Quote:
A little more on the new Diablo Mezcaleria set to open at 8th/Idaho - looks like some interesting ideas (including a bar overlooking Idaho)

http://boisedev.com/quick-hits-1/201...blo-mezcaleria
Is this new restaurant coming from the owners of Red Feather/Bittercreek?
http://pdsonline.cityofboise.org/pds...id=DRH16-00358

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/afton-...130000725.html
The Afton Converts Reservations To Purchase Agreements

Quote:
BOISE, Idaho, Sept. 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The Afton, Boise's premier urban living community in the heart of the cultural district, is energizing owners-to-be in the first phase of the downtown Boise project by completing the final steps necessary to convert reservations to purchase agreements.

This action marks the coming completion of Phase 1 and launches plans for Phase 2. Reservations are nearly full, with a waiting list for some of the most popular styles of condominiums in the new Downtown community.

Consumer response to this urban community affirms the recent nationwide shift to walkable urban living with less dependence on motor vehicles and more focus on lifestyle.

Last edited by Cottonwood; Sep 14, 2016 at 4:19 PM.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 5:06 PM

Quote:
Is this new restaurant coming from the owners of Red Feather/Bittercreek?
I believe so but can't confirm. I've reached out for confirmation.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 5:53 PM
All man. Half nuts.

IdahoAirships is back! they hadn't updated their website for a couple of years, but they've been posting this summer.

here's a couple of great recent aerials from them:

Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 4:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisecynic View Post
There will be no access to or from 8th as you can see from the plat map above. There used to be a connection but there hasn't been for a long time. What's new is a loop connection between Braemere and Highland View, so there will be 2 ways in and out. Braemere via Bogus Basin Rd and Highland View via 15th. The roads are a bit confusing up there, you really need to study it on the map.
Thanks. My house is on 15th.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 2:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boisebro View Post
IdahoAirships is back! they hadn't updated their website for a couple of years, but they've been posting this summer.

here's a couple of great recent aerials from them:

Old Posted Sep 16, 2016, 1:33 AM
♏SeanTheBoiSean

A leftover I found in my photobucket account from omg how long ago, the Kodak years.
Anyone want to guess the year?

wait, more leftovers
this was also under construction

this is gone, wiped away from existence.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2016, 3:48 AM

What year?

Oh yes, Royal Plaza (2007) and Aspen Lofts (2009) so I would guess 2008.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2016, 10:36 PM
Closed account

Hilton Garden Inn

Here is the results of the Sept. 14 Design Review. I was the only person there that got up and really opposed the design of Parcel B / Pioneer Crossing. It was an interesting night, and I had a nice talk with Geoffrey Wardle representing The Gardner Company. Two of the committee voiced ideas of street areas along Front for public seating at 13 & Front. PreFunk and Chipotle outside areas were given as examples as a successful design for the Front street busy corridor.
Architectural changes would be a more welcoming entrance along Front to extend though the first floor to the main entrance facing the middle of the parcel.
As it looks now, no major changes will effect this project from being built.

http://pdsonline.cityofboise.org/pds...09161332067930

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West