HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

414 West 15th Street in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Apr 24, 2012, 4:21 PM

Smile NEW YORK | 414 West 15th | 284ft | 25 floors

Quote:
Permits filed with New York's Department of Buildings show a new hotel is set to rise at 414 West 15th Street, which is possibly confirmed by these renderings from Stonehill Taylor. The project, which is in the heart of the Meatpacking, adjacent to Chelsea Market, will rise to 25 stories and 284 feet, and have 158 rooms.

http://stonehilltaylor.com/projects/...49/photo02.jpg

http://newyorkyimby.blogspot.com/201...se-at-414.html

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

Old Posted Apr 24, 2012, 4:41 PM
Show me the blueprints

Looks interesting. Any full height renderings?

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Apr 25, 2012, 4:03 AM

Sounds good for this place...

Old Posted May 1, 2012, 12:08 AM

Site update

Old Posted Feb 13, 2014, 6:39 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Smile NEW YORK | 414 West 15th St | 264 FT | 24 FLOORS

New York YIMBY:

Permits Filed: 414 West 15th Street
BY: NIKOLAI FEDAK ON FEBRUARY 13TH 2014 AT 6:00 AM

414 West 15th Street's vacant site -- image via Google Maps

Quote:
New plans have been filed for a hotel at 414 West 15th Street, which will become one of the most prominent buildings in The Meatpacking District; the latest iteration will stand 24 floors tall. Evidently CetraRuddy has taken over the site’s designs, given permits list the firm as the architect of record; the developer is The Legacy Group.

The site’s previous plans — which included renderings — were by Stonehill & Taylor. CetraRuddy’s schematics should end up somewhat similar, as the project’s massing seems to have undergone minor changes. 414 West 15th Street is ideal for boutique hotel development, and its location is at the heart of the Meatpacking, across the street from Chelsea Market.

Proximity to Chelsea Market is interesting for another reason, as that site saw significant NIMBY opposition to expansion plans that were approved in 2012. Contrasting the two developments highlights the oddities of City Planning, and why so many developers take an ‘as-of-right’ route; 414 West 15th Street will stand 264 feet tall, yet it has met no neighborhood opposition, while the relatively meager height of the Chelsea Market addition was a major point of contention.

All told, 414 West 15th Street will have nearly 110,000 square feet of space, with 225 rooms. The Schedule A reveals two penthouse suites to be located on the 24th floor, while a rooftop bar and lounge will also be located on the 23rd and 24th levels.

No completion date has been announced — and the site has been stalled for years — but with momentum increasing along The High Line, it looks like construction is finally about to begin, especially given the new permits.

Old version of 414 West 15th Street via Stonehill & Taylor

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

Old Posted Feb 14, 2014, 4:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubeworm View Post
New York YIMBY:

Permits Filed: 414 West 15th Street
BY: NIKOLAI FEDAK ON FEBRUARY 13TH 2014 AT 6:00 AM
*snip*

Old version of 414 West 15th Street via Stonehill & Taylor
Is that to be a green wall (as in plants) on the side of the building?

Old Posted Feb 14, 2014, 4:33 AM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Design-mind View Post
Is that to be a green wall (as in plants) on the side of the building?
I'm not familiar with the old design-- although now it looks like it could be grass lol. I hope CetraRuddy do a good job here now that they're the new architects.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2014, 7:08 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Rockpoint, Highgate to develop Meatpacking hotel
Duo sign 99-year lease deal with Meilmans to build on West 15th Street

March 18, 2014 06:24PM
By Adam Pincus

From left: 412 West 15th Street (Photo credit: PropertyShark), Cliff and Richard Meilman

Quote:
The Boston-based Rockpoint Group and its operating partner Highgate Holdings will develop a vacant lot in the Meatpacking District on land that is leased for 99 years by Meilman Family Real Estate, sources told The Real Deal.

To gain a foothold in the site, the Rockpoint Group inked the long-term lease with the Meilman firm, headed by Cliff and Richard Meilman, where it will develop a hotel at 412 West 15th Street, between Ninth and Tenth avenues, with Highgate.

The Meilmans have owned property in the neighborhood since the days when it was a hub for meat distribution.

The new developers will spearhead the project on a parcel where a hotel has been in the works for some time. The Meilmans filed plans in 2008 to build a 25-story, 158-room hotel with 108,979 square feet at the site, and the city issued permits for the project in 2009. It was not clear if the new developers would build that hotel or file new plans. The financial terms of the deal were not available.

Old Posted May 14, 2014, 1:09 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

New York YIMBY:

New Design: 414 West 15th Street
BY: NIKOLAI FEDAK ON MAY 14TH 2014 AT 8:00 AM

Quote:
Plans for a new hotel at 414 West 15th Street have undergone a major shift, and Stonehill & Taylor has been replaced by CetraRuddy as the site’s design architect. With construction now beginning, new on-site renderings offer the first glimpse at the building’s re-conception, and the departure from the initial design appears dramatic. The site’s developers are The Rockpoint Group, Highgate Holdings, and Meilman Family Real Estate, per The Real Deal.

[...]

The CetraRuddy re-design of the site remains somewhat mysterious, and a simple profile is all that’s posted on-site, but the building’s form has undergone a relatively radical shift, morphing from a simple tower into a structure with staggered setbacks. Zoning diagrams are lacking, but it appears that the new concept’s base will be flush with the sidewalk, before the ‘tower’ portion retreats away from the street as it begins to rise.

Permits for 414 West 15th Street indicate it will stand 25 stories and 285 feet tall, with a total of 158 rooms spanning 108,979 square feet. The Schedule A reveals a host of occupants for the base, including a restaurant and several ‘drinking establishments,’ while the third floor will have several terraces; an additional event space will be located on the rooftop.

Completion of the project is expected in the summer of 2016, and partial job permits were issued in March; workers are now active on the already-poured foundation, and progress finally appears imminent.

414 West 15th Street — foundation work resumes

NEW YORK | 414 West 15th St | 285 FT | 25 FLOORS

Old Posted Apr 23, 2015, 9:36 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

414 West 15th Street, New 25-Story Hotel In The Meatpacking District

Quote:
The project will total 158 rooms, and with the building rising 285 feet tall, its 25 floors will actually have relatively generous ceiling heights compared to typical hotel construction. 414 West 15th Street’s total scope will measure 110,000 square feet, as YIMBY first reported when permits were filed back in February of 2014.

The Legacy Group is the developer, and the building will be the largest in the surrounding neighborhood by a substantial margin, which is not a bad thing considering the area’s excellent accessibility from a transit perspective.

Regardless of the Meatpacking’s artificially diminished potential, 414 West 15th Street will be an attractive mark on the local cityscape, and the upper floors appear to have seen substantial revisions since renderings were first posted. They now appear to be open air, and another rendering shows the Lower Manhattan skyline viewed from the perspective.

Gridded windows will mix with a brick facade, and balconies will be interspersed along the tower’s eastern side. Immediately to the west, another project is under construction at 430 West 15th Street, which will host approximately 70,000 square feet of offices.

Per on-site signage, completion of 414 West 15th Street is slated for the summer of 2016.
===========================
http://www.yimbynews.com/2015/04/new...-district.html

Old Posted Apr 23, 2015, 9:42 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

i hope they do a better job than this, it looks terrible.

this was the site of an old warehouse used as a parking garage that mysteriously burned down years ago.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2016, 9:06 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Old Posted Feb 22, 2016, 9:15 PM

Every room in that rendering makes it look like an office building. Nice update to the design though.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2016, 12:23 AM

Old Posted Mar 4, 2017, 4:18 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Credit: 5bfilms

Last edited by chris08876; Jan 14, 2018 at 3:20 PM. Reason: fixed image not showing

Old Posted Mar 4, 2017, 9:34 PM

This thread is showing two separate projects. There's both an office building and a hotel going up on this block. Most of the recent pics show the office building.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2018, 3:21 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Credit: JC_Heights

Old Posted Feb 6, 2018, 2:17 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Credit: JC_Heights

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive