HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects

SNCI NYC Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jul 29, 2011, 9:16 PM

Wow i just realized that this will be just as tall as the Freedom Tower is now.

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

Old Posted Jul 29, 2011, 9:20 PM
Resident Moron

I'm assuming it's two banks of elevators and not just 2 elevators right?

edit: hmm.. it's just 50 apartments.. so I guess 2 elevators would cut it. Jeez, can't imagine what rent would be like on a 3 story 3K sqft apartment.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2011, 10:33 PM
Metal Up Your !

Design change please, and then I might be excited.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2011, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotizzy View Post
Design change please, and then I might be excited.
I doubt this is likely to get built anyways (seems like some stupid/abstract concept...). One of the websites says instead of having parking for every unit they're going to have communal electric cars? LOL like people paying for 3000sqft apartment are going to use electric vehicles let alone COMMUNAL ones.

I agree that it's ugly as well. Blech. Height isn't always awesome.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2011, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
This is definitely the lot on Canal and West on which the old gas station was located.

You can see the huge warehouse building that St. John's owns, etc.
I think this proposal is actually at the lot at the corner of Greenwich & Spring.

The old gas station is south of Canal, and this site is definitely north of Canal, assuming the rendering is placed correctly.

It would also make sense from a zoning perspective, because I'm pretty sure you could do this north of Canal, but not south.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2011, 12:48 AM

Pure fantasy.

If the weird background locations shown isn't enough of a giveaway, there's also no way in hell something that tall will be allowed to be built in those locations without some kind of massive community uprising.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2011, 1:14 AM
New Yorker for life

I believe this is a proposed "concept" similar to this one...
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=181550

But it would be wonderful if it is not.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2011, 1:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Pure fantasy.

If the weird background locations shown isn't enough of a giveaway, there's also no way in hell something that tall will be allowed to be built in those locations without some kind of massive community uprising.
I agree this proposal is highly questionable, but definitely not because of zoning.

You can build very tall towers north of Canal. There's a 700+ foot office proposal by Trinity Realty right around the corner.

South of Canal is another story. Not allowed under current zoning in most of Tribeca.

Would there be community outcry? Of course, but as-of-right would make it irrelevent. There would be no public review.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2011, 2:00 AM

Can they please make this building a 1,000 footer. I really want to see this building's presence when I am walking down Canal Street.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2011, 2:31 AM
low-riding

Is it as of right? If this requires any sort of public approval process then its already dead. Its twice the height of trump soho and only a couple blocks from it. Do you remember the hell it was to get that building built. Its got to be that site north of Spring and bordering West. If they own that entire tract of land, then it definitely might have the air rights to be built without approvals needed.

Trump already dominates All of Hudson Square. this would be spectacular in boldness

Old Posted Jul 30, 2011, 2:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
I agree this proposal is highly questionable, but definitely not because of zoning.

You can build very tall towers north of Canal. There's a 700+ foot office proposal by Trinity Realty right around the corner.

South of Canal is another story. Not allowed under current zoning in most of Tribeca.

Would there be community outcry? Of course, but as-of-right would make it irrelevent. There would be no public review.
what 700+ footer?

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

Old Posted Jul 30, 2011, 2:43 AM
Global Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
If this requires any sort of public approval process then its already dead. Its twice the height of trump soho and only a couple blocks from it. Do you remember the hell it was to get that building built.
I was just thinking the same thing. Let's hope that it doesn't need any public approval...afterall that tower would be a giant middle finger to all the NIMBYs living in that area

Old Posted Jul 30, 2011, 12:29 PM
New Yorker for life

I still don't believe this to be an actual proposal, in the sense that there is someone to build it. These renderings don't help that perception (the tower is in various locations).

Quote:

But it would be spectacular at a lowrise location, almost like a taller version of One Madison Park...

Quote:

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2011, 12:49 PM
don't *meddle*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
I still don't believe this to be an actual proposal, in the sense that there is someone to build it. These renderings don't help that perception (the tower is in various locations).

But it would be spectacular at a lowrise location, almost like a taller version of One Madison Park...

i know, neither do i. let's just wait for some news on a possible developer. if nothing turns out, you can move the thread to the "Never Built & Visionary Project" section.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2011, 2:21 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

two madison park!

Old Posted Jul 31, 2011, 5:05 AM
DENNAB

As NY guy pointed out, the fact that the renderings are all in totally different parts of the Island is not a great sign haha

Old Posted Jul 31, 2011, 5:53 AM

Old Posted Jul 31, 2011, 11:01 AM
don't *meddle*...

^^ it certainly looks that way. i wonder about the height though, 950ft roof or to the parapet? i guess that's not important right now, let's just wait for some info who will actually build this tower. also, there is still no info on the exact location.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2011, 1:27 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
I think this proposal is actually at the lot at the corner of Greenwich & Spring.

The old gas station is south of Canal, and this site is definitely north of Canal, assuming the rendering is placed correctly.

It would also make sense from a zoning perspective, because I'm pretty sure you could do this north of Canal, but not south.
The gas station is on the south corner of Canal. Also, while the renderings seem to have some discrepancies, this is clearly on West Street (not Greenwich), as evidenced by the medians on West Street.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2011, 1:36 PM

This looks good, another modern classic for NYC.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects