HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa

Old Posted Jul 16, 2009, 2:42 AM
Awesome!

The building is definitely topped out. I know that in May at least 50% of the units were sold.

As for the height restrictions, don't know but it is situated in a middle of a relatively steep hill/plateau area, the neighborhood sitting between the Lac-des-Fees and Gatineau Parkways

Old Posted Jul 16, 2009, 1:03 PM
Mooderator

The sign still says 50% sold, except now there's a + symbol next to it.

I passed by there yesterday and it looks like the cladding is up to the 4th or 5th floor now.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2009, 5:29 PM
Mooderator

28 july 2009

Shot from the Crowne Plaza Penthouse today.

When I went by this morning they were putting in the glass on the first floor.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2009, 6:24 PM
Mooderator

23 sept. 2009

Passed by the site this AM and they've got grey brick about 2/3 the way up.. it looks pretty good.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2009, 11:02 PM

Cool, it's starting to look pretty nice. Good pics as always Harls.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2010, 4:33 PM
Mooderator

16 jan. 2010

couple of close ups from yesterday, was in the neighbourhood..

Old Posted Mar 9, 2010, 3:12 PM
Mooderator

7 march 2010

Not much has changed in the last two months.

obscured pic..

Old Posted Mar 9, 2010, 3:21 PM

Very average building IMO, but its better than an empty lot!

Old Posted Mar 6, 2014, 4:40 PM

Amazing that the project still has over 10 units still for sale after building completion four years ago.

Too bad because the floor lay-outs are very nice and big.

Shortfall is location.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2014, 4:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster View Post
Amazing that the project still has over 10 units still for sale after building completion four years ago.

Too bad because the floor lay-outs are very nice and big.

Shortfall is location.
Are you kidding, location is amazing! Very close to downtown and near the river, yet also by Gatineau Park.

The shortfall is the price of the units, way overpriced. They are asking Ottawa prices.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2014, 5:13 PM

Location is a matter of opinion.

Taché has a lot of traffic. Nearly across the street from University. Not in Downtown as such. Nothing much within walking distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radster View Post
Are you kidding, location is amazing! Very close to downtown and near the river, yet also by Gatineau Park.

The shortfall is the price of the units, way overpriced. They are asking Ottawa prices.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2014, 8:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster View Post
Location is a matter of opinion.

Taché has a lot of traffic. Nearly across the street from University. Not in Downtown as such. Nothing much within walking distance.

Again, I disagree. University is across the street, thats a plus for students and profs. Many little shops and restaurants are walking distance. Terraces and Portage is walking distance - huge employment centre. Gatineau Park is right there. MAXI, the biggest grocery store in the area, is also walkable. It is also well served by the STO, there is a bus going by there every few minutes towards Hull on St Joseph, towards Ottawa, or towards Aylmer.

Actually, compared to your beloved VIU, it is closer to Maxi, and has a better Walk Score!

http://www.walkscore.com/score/224-b...neau-qc-canada

http://www.walkscore.com/score/185-l...neau-qc-canada

What I don't like are the inflated prices, and design, which is nothing to rave about.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2014, 10:06 PM

Smile

First let me thank you for the link to the walkscore site. Never knew such a thing existed.

Unless you attend or work at the University, its a BIG desadvantage to live nearby. Just look at U O and Sandy Hill.

If you are referring to the Val Tetreau for shops and restaurants, its far from being a nice place or trendy place. I think the area looks more like a slum.

MAXI/Galeries de Hull and Place Cartier are certainly walkable if you don't have too much to carry back. However, the walk which would include the portion of St Joseph Boul. south of Des Allumetières is far from being desirable in addition to Boul. Alexandre Taché towards Moncalm, both of which I would not venture alone during the evening.

I have lived most of my life in Hull and know the area very well.

Oh! Did I mention the horrific trafic on Boul. Alexandre Taché during peak times.

PS. I do pretty much all my shopping in the Byward market area and by the way, for the record, I don't live at the VIU.

Quote:
Again, I disagree. University is across the street, thats a plus for students and profs. Many little shops and restaurants are walking distance. Terraces and Portage is walking distance - huge employment centre. Gatineau Park is right there. MAXI, the biggest grocery store in the area, is also walkable. It is also well served by the STO, there is a bus going by there every few minutes towards Hull on St Joseph, towards Ottawa, or towards Aylmer.

Actually, compared to your beloved VIU, it is closer to Maxi, and has a better Walk Score!

http://www.walkscore.com/score/224-b...neau-qc-canada

http://www.walkscore.com/score/185-l...neau-qc-canada

What I don't like are the inflated prices, and design, which is nothing to rave about.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2014, 3:35 PM

I agree with what you said in most part (but not all), me too I live in Gatineau and Hull for many years, I was raised there. And yes point taken that you don't live at Le Viu, but I used that comparison because I know you are very fond of that new tower, which I might add, I think is amazing as well. I almost bought a unit there, had one reserved when sales first started, but pulled out prior to the 2nd payment, as my priorities changed, and I decided to move to Ottawa instead mainly due to lower income tax and suuuuuuper cheap rent in Hintonbourg.

That said, the Place du Parc, I never liked, its design is boring, outdated, prices inflated, hence why it still has units for sale, 2-3 years after construction finished. Yet, you say the location sucks, I think otherwise, Taché has traffic (most condo towers come with traffic) but it definitely is a great location for some people, you can't deny that. To complement my previous post, people who work say, downtown Ottawa, Hull, or Tunney's Pasture, they can walk, or bike to work, and bus connections are amazing. Big plus is having Gatineau Park right there. Area around there, St-Joseph or Taché, can be a bit sketchy late at night, but there are some small shops for groceries that are walkable. Its not as bad as you make it to be. Not worse than Le Viu. And definitely better than many other condo towers being built, or that have been built recently in the region.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2014, 3:52 PM

Smile

Hintonbourg -C'est très bien. Un quartier en pleine évolution. C'est prometteur dans un futur rapproché.

Quote:
I agree with what you said in most part (but not all), me too I live in Gatineau and Hull for many years, I was raised there. And yes point taken that you don't live at Le Viu, but I used that comparison because I know you are very fond of that new tower, which I might add, I think is amazing as well. I almost bought a unit there, had one reserved when sales first started, but pulled out prior to the 2nd payment, as my priorities changed, and I decided to move to Ottawa instead mainly due to lower income tax and suuuuuuper cheap rent in Hintonbourg.

That said, the Place du Parc, I never liked, its design is boring, outdated, prices inflated, hence why it still has units for sale, 2-3 years after construction finished. Yet, you say the location sucks, I think otherwise, Taché has traffic (most condo towers come with traffic) but it definitely is a great location for some people, you can't deny that. To complement my previous post, people who work say, downtown Ottawa, Hull, or Tunney's Pasture, they can walk, or bike to work, and bus connections are amazing. Big plus is having Gatineau Park right there. Area around there, St-Joseph or Taché, can be a bit sketchy late at night, but there are some small shops for groceries that are walkable. Its not as bad as you make it to be. Not worse than Le Viu. And definitely better than many other condo towers being built, or that have been built recently in the region.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa