HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Three World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jun 25, 2012, 7:17 PM

4D Group is providing BIM services for Tower Three.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2012, 9:13 PM
New Yorker for life

JUNE 24, 2012

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2012, 9:20 PM
Mr. Technology

It looks good, NYguy !!

Old Posted Jun 25, 2012, 10:32 PM

This was posted at SSC, but I thought I'd share it here. No confirmation on this yet though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejacko5
this tower is getting the full go ahead.

from the fabricators mouth.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2012, 10:34 PM
don't *meddle*...

^^ It certainly is good news. Now that 1 and 4WTC are topping out, we'll have at least 3WTC to watch.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2012, 10:35 PM

^^

Just saw that. Certainly possible, Silverstein has been incredibly confident in his ability to sign one of the many tenants that are out prowling for new space. I'll wait for something more official though.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2012, 10:36 PM
don't *meddle*...

^ Yeah, I'm interested in who the tenant may be... .

Old Posted Jun 25, 2012, 10:45 PM

Something from a fabricator's mouth regarding the "Full greenlighting of this tower" without sources to verify would urge me to double-check the meaning of "fabricate".

I would respectfully advise those of you who are unsure of the abovementioned word's meaning to do the same. I am highly skeptical as of this moment.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2012, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPro View Post
Something from a fabricator's mouth regarding the "Full greenlighting of this tower" without sources to verify would urge me to double-check the meaning of "fabricate".

I would respectfully advise those of you who are unsure of the abovementioned word's meaning to do the same. I am highly skeptical as of this moment.
Well the fabricator would have knowledge of where the steel is headed. I think much of steel is already fabricated even, and being held until the tower is ready to go forward.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2012, 12:48 AM
BANNED

That makes no sense...why would Silverstein buy most or all of the steel he needs to build this building without erecting it? First of all, where would he get that money? The banks aren't financing this until there's a tenant. And secondly, even if he told the steel company to proceed with the entire steel order, what incentive does he have to wait until he's secured a tenant? It would be in his interest to get that building up as fast as he could to lure some of these big tenants whose contracts run out in the next few years...

There is no news in my book until a credible news source reports that an agreement has been reached with an anchor tenant. Until then, it's a rumor, and it's not worth getting excited about.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2012, 1:34 AM

Supposedly Silverstein made a final call on weather or not to order more steel for 2 & 3 back in May. I can't remember exactly, but that user on SSC has made several claims based on insider info that turned out to be true.

But we should still treat it as rumor, for now.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2012, 3:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don098 View Post
That makes no sense...why would Silverstein buy most or all of the steel he needs to build this building without erecting it? First of all, where would he get that money? The banks aren't financing this until there's a tenant. And secondly, even if he told the steel company to proceed with the entire steel order, what incentive does he have to wait until he's secured a tenant? It would be in his interest to get that building up as fast as he could to lure some of these big tenants whose contracts run out in the next few years...
From my understanding the steel is already bought, being held in an off-site location.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2012, 6:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don098 View Post

There is no news in my book until a credible news source reports that an agreement has been reached with an anchor tenant. Until then, it's a rumor, and it's not worth getting excited about.

This....to use trendy 'Net lingo.

I'm tending to believe that the recipient of the information we're talking about might not have gotten his facts 100% straight. Don098's logic seems to blow the claim(s) that ha(s/ve) been made sky high.

I'm cool with waiting for some authentication, tho. Beats the shit out of nothing to report, I say.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2012, 12:58 PM
New Yorker for life

http://www.thestate.com/2012/06/26/2...-notebook.html

Owen Steel has role in new tower at Trade Center site

Jun. 26, 2012

Quote:
Columbia’s Owen Steel will fabricate the steel for a new 71-story tower about to be built at the World Trade Center in New York City, company president David Zalesne confirmed Monday. Construction is beginning soon on Tower 3, Zalesne said, at the site of the worst terrorist attack in the history of the United States on Sept. 11, 2001. Owen also provided 10,000 tons of steel to create the backbone of the World Trade Center Memorial and Museum.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2012, 2:47 PM

Silverstein has always laughed at the notion of this being stopped at 7 stories so he obviously was confident in either getting a tenant or deciding to get funding elseware to simply go ahead with the building.

I am sure we will get better clarification soon, and if not we will see for ourselves as the potential "cap" is pretty close now.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2012, 3:31 PM
don't *meddle*...

Looks more promising by the day...

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14565458

Quote:
"We're going to be furnishing and installing the structural steel on World Trade Center Number 3," said Cooke.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2012, 4:16 PM

Will be taking some photos today, but I don't think any photos can convey how big this is already. I would guess it's already near or past 100 feet tall? It has quite the presence from street level, which is obviously only going to increase...

Old Posted Jun 26, 2012, 4:51 PM

Yep, this news is looking pretty good so far.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2012, 5:22 PM
Come As You Are

There's also a lot more steel.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2012, 1:59 AM
BANNED

Now that's more like it...it's still nothing more than a steel contract, though. We need to hear from Silverstein next. Btw Hunser, you do know that the story you posted is from May of last year, right?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive