HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Jul 27, 2018, 4:24 AM
9-7-2oh1-!

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife View Post
I really hope there is an avocado toast floor.
I predict this thing will get a remodel within a few years. It seems so... odd. There's a total disconnect between the interior and the exterior of this building. The exterior looks sleek, modern, and business minded. The interior looks like what I'd imagine the backstage area was for Pee-wee's Playhouse.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2018, 7:10 AM

The retail unit at SW Broadway and Clay is going to be a Starbucks, which will be very convenient for people who don't want to walk to the Starbucks at SW Park and Clay*.

*Or that location might just be moving. IDK.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Jul 28, 2018, 1:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2oh1 View Post
I predict this thing will get a remodel within a few years. It seems so... odd. There's a total disconnect between the interior and the exterior of this building. The exterior looks sleek, modern, and business minded. The interior looks like what I'd imagine the backstage area was for Pee-wee's Playhouse.
I understand there is a sub-industry of "Millennial whisperers" who charge large fees for channeling the inner insights and wants of "their generation" for companies desperate to collect the Millennial dollar. In reality Millennials are as diverse in tastes and preferences as any generation and many know the difference between classy and crappy.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2018, 7:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2oh1 View Post
According to their website Radisson's "Red" brand is focussed on Art, Fashion, Music and Travel. Whether they occupy an entire building - in which case one might assume they have control over the architectural design - or as per Portland where they inhabit a portion of new or pre-existing architecture, they seem to prefer a clean and contemporary look for their exteriors against which they contrast the interiors with rather aggressive, almost graffiti-esque artwork and (of course) large doses of the color red. One can safely assume that this scheme constitutes the architectural component of the "Red" brand identity. I think it's also safe to assume that the interior scheme provides the bulk of the brand experience regardless of its exterior shell. Art is by nature subjective, but in my opinion judgment is best rendered after an in-person contextual experience. (and no I'm not the artist )

Old Posted Sep 17, 2018, 7:28 PM

Quote:
Downtown Radisson Red hotel sets November opening

The latest in a parade of new downtown Portland hotels is set to open in mid-November.

The 180-room Radisson Red will occupy the first nine floors of the Broadway Tower, which is nearing completion at 1451 S.W. Broadway, near Portland State University and the city's cultural district. It will also operate a ground-floor restaurant.

The Portland hotel's rates will start at $129 a night.

The Portland hotel will be the second in the United States to open under the upper-upscale, millennial-focused Red brand, which has its other locations in Brussels, Belgium; Cape Town, South Africa; Campinas, Brazil; Glasgow, Scotland; and Minneapolis, where the first Radisson hotel was built. Another location will open in Miami next year.
...continues at the Oregonian.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2018, 9:06 PM

Quote:
Check Out the Menus at Downtown Portland’s Next Hotel

Yet another hotel is opening in Portland November 15: Radisson Red, the vaguely artsy iteration of the international hotel chain, will open on Broadway with a new restaurant, Ouibar and Kitchen. The restaurant, with chef Drew Benyo at the helm, will serve breakfast, lunch, dinner, and two happy hours, with dishes like waffles on a stick (why?) and wasabi grilled cheese sandwiches.

Morning dining at Ouibar includes breakfast sandwiches on English muffins and cheddar biscuits and gravy, moving into Flavortown at lunch with items like tater tot poutine and fried cheese curds with Kewpie mayo. The breakfast waffle-on-a-stick gets some extra fried chicken and jalapeño-maple whipped butter during dinner, alongside more reserved dishes like sautéed salmon with celeriac puree and gambas al ajillo. Happy hours, from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. daily and 9 p.m. to close Thursday through Saturday, involve $8 burgers, $9 cocktails, and $5 “milk and cookies,” aka two cookies with a hot white chocolate — you can spike that with Kahlua and Godiva liqueur for a few extra bucks.
...continues at Eater Portland.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2018, 8:11 PM

Quote:
First look: Radisson Red, downtown's artsy new hotel, opens this week

Downtown's millennial-focused new hotel, the Radisson Red at 1455 S.W. Broadway, opens its doors Thursday.

The 180-room hotel will occupy the first eight floors of the Broadway Tower, near Portland State University and the city's cultural district. It will also operate a ground-floor restaurant, OuiBar + Ktchn. Rates will start at $129 a night.

The Portland hotel will be the second in the United States to open under the upper-upscale, millennial-focused Red brand, which has its other locations in Brussels, Belgium; Cape Town, South Africa; Campinas, Brazil; Glasgow, Scotland; and Minneapolis, where the first Radisson hotel was built. Another location will open in Miami next year.
...continues at the Oregonian.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2018, 9:00 PM

I love BPM! Really hope they can get the food cart block going because after Pearl West and now this one, they'll develop a handsome tower, no doubt.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2018, 1:46 AM

Ouch. Snarky, very negative review of Ouibar + Ktchn courtesy of WW here...

"fluorescent hellscape"

Anybody been yet?

Last edited by maccoinnich; Dec 14, 2018 at 8:06 PM. Reason: fix link

Old Posted Dec 14, 2018, 3:09 PM
Semi-Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworivers View Post
Ouch. Snarky, very negative review of Ouibar + Ktchn courtesy of WW here...

"fluorescent hellscape"

Anybody been yet?
The first comment on that review...

Quote:
This review is so edgy I almost cut myself. Drinking in the bar may be "sad," but is it as sad as the author drinking in his basement and pretending he'll ever have a successful music career?

Old Posted Dec 14, 2018, 9:38 PM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainDog View Post
The first comment on that review...
Did someone check up on the reviewer because after reading that comment, they might by dead from that severe burn.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland