HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Dec 9, 2018, 9:29 PM

Pizza Studio Is Now Open!!

They are now officially open!!
(Beside, Expedia Cruise Ship Centers & Goji's Neighbourhood Treatery at East Point Shopping Center)

Their website: https://pizzastudio.com/
Their Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PizzaStudioCanada/
East Point Location's Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PizzaStudioEastPoint/

Some pictures from their Grand-Opening on Dec.12th!!
Source: https://www.facebook.com/30426570967...81684471935388

Last edited by DyAm00394; Dec 12, 2018 at 10:22 PM.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2019, 10:35 PM

Old Posted Jan 4, 2019, 10:36 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Colwell's closing
More indicative of general retail trends than any Saint John-specific issue, unfortunately. Can't compete with online. I was up on Floor 3 of Brunswick Square a few weeks ago and noted how absolutely barren it was. Wonder if there are any plans afoot to simply renovate it into office space or something a bit different. There's clearly more interest in street frontage in the Uptown rather than inside the mall.

There are a number of well-written articles outlining this issue in Manhatten with regards to combating online. Retail storefronts are sitting empty everywhere because online is obliterating physical brick and mortar retail.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2019, 10:44 PM

^^

The owner pretty much says this in the Huddle article

https://huddle.today/colwells-fashio...wn-saint-john/

Old Posted Jan 4, 2019, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHikka View Post
More indicative of general retail trends than any Saint John-specific issue, unfortunately. Can't compete with online. I was up on Floor 3 of Brunswick Square a few weeks ago and noted how absolutely barren it was. Wonder if there are any plans afoot to simply renovate it into office space or something a bit different. There's clearly more interest in street frontage in the Uptown rather than inside the mall.

There are a number of well-written articles outlining this issue in Manhatten with regards to combating online. Retail storefronts are sitting empty everywhere because online is obliterating physical brick and mortar retail.
Someone had brought up a Potential Grocery store in the area, and had said Brunswick Square would be the perfect location.

I had seen a post about the Online Shopping killing retail, and the person posted a Shipping/delivery tax should be added to make Online shopping less attractive. It would be considered a lazy person tax by most.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2019, 12:17 AM

McAllister Place - Former Sears

Saw this on Retail Talk & Share (A new outer wall covering up the former Sears space).
Any, news about this space?

Old Posted Jan 5, 2019, 5:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
Someone had brought up a Potential Grocery store in the area, and had said Brunswick Square would be the perfect location.

I had seen a post about the Online Shopping killing retail, and the person posted a Shipping/delivery tax should be added to make Online shopping less attractive. It would be considered a lazy person tax by most.

If this picture shows anything, it's that a grocery store chain can work in a place with other retail either above or below it.

So, such a store could work in Brunswick Square, on it's whole 3rd level. Plus, it would increase foot traffic to the mall for a good long time because people need to eat.

And if that store wanted to, they could sign an agreement with the fresh food retailers in the City Market to expand sales of goods outside the Market. Of course, the City Market vendors would be paid a nominal fee for their service, as they should.

It could also help to expand Brunswick Square's operating hours to be more level with malls like McAllister Place and Lancaster Mall.

=)

Old Posted Jan 5, 2019, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyAm00394 View Post
Saw this on Retail Talk & Share (A new outer wall covering up the former Sears space).

Sorry for double-post, but that's the 1st time in the 30 years that part of McAllister Place has ever been covered over. o.o

Old Posted Jan 5, 2019, 8:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginRonic View Post

If this picture shows anything, it's that a grocery store chain can work in a place with other retail either above or below it.

So, such a store could work in Brunswick Square, on it's whole 3rd level. Plus, it would increase foot traffic to the mall for a good long time because people need to eat.

And if that store wanted to, they could sign an agreement with the fresh food retailers in the City Market to expand sales of goods outside the Market. Of course, the City Market vendors would be paid a nominal fee for their service, as they should.

It could also help to expand Brunswick Square's operating hours to be more level with malls like McAllister Place and Lancaster Mall.

=)
At least on the 3rd floor yes Because right next to where people had drawn a grocery store has a main access door right next to the area. But I'm actually in the process of looking for the 100% non professional drawn floor plans that seemed to make the 3rd Level all Food, and Move the Offices of Dr. Zed Dental Clinic, GoodLife Fitness, and Canada post mailboxes on the first floor with Lawtons Drugs.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2019, 12:43 AM
ハルウララ

Speaking of Uptown grocery stores I noticed there is a new Asian-owned food market on Union between Charlotte and Sydney streets. I didn't have time to investigate it and only caught it for a second but it looks like an improvement over whatever was in the property previously. Good to see another business in the Uptown, especially on a street that needs it as vitally as Union does.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2019, 3:20 PM

Was anything ever announced or rumoured to be going into the building at the corner of Queen & Prince William? I recall that there was work done on the front post and new windows etc. I drive/walk by it on occasion and always wonder what the plan was for it. Does anyone have any insight?

Old Posted Jan 7, 2019, 7:49 PM

Christmas Discounters is closing for the season

Old Posted Jan 7, 2019, 11:37 PM
New Brunswick Urbanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by shacklebolt View Post
Was anything ever announced or rumoured to be going into the building at the corner of Queen & Prince William? I recall that there was work done on the front post and new windows etc. I drive/walk by it on occasion and always wonder what the plan was for it. Does anyone have any insight?
Back when the work was being done, IIRC, a cafe was to go at the corner and a real estate office in the second ground floor unit. Currently both sit vacant.

I think a small cafe would work quite well in that location. You've got the staff and students of SJHS nearby, as well as the many residents of Harbourfront as a potential local customer base. It would make for a great "third place" for the neighbourhood.

One thing SJ could do a whole lot better is with the sprinkling of businesses/commercial amenities throughout the Central Peninsula and other urban neighbourhoods. The mix of uses would add vibrancy and activity at more hours of the day. If I had my way, many of the buildings that clearly once had businesses on the ground floor (like this, or this) would be renovated back to having commercial street frontage.

“Forget the damned motor car and build the cities for lovers and friends.” –Lewis Mumford

Old Posted Jan 18, 2019, 2:53 AM

Looks like Gojis at East Point is permenently closed based on the sign on their door.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2019, 2:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyAm00394 View Post

As of right now, the plan is having the place turned into 3 different shops: Urban Planet, Mark's, and The Brick.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2019, 5:29 PM

Old Posted Feb 1, 2019, 7:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_d40 View Post
Looks like Gojis at East Point is permenently closed based on the sign on their door.

They are hoping to reopen this location under new ownership soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddypop View Post

Wow, after 41 years. I feel sad for the employees that have been there for decades. Sad day, indeed.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2019, 10:04 PM

Anana Banana, Saint John East

A friend of mine, an employee of Anana Banana, told me the store will be closing shop within the month. I'm not surprised as I rarely seen many customers in the store, but, still, I hate to see a business close, be it large or small.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2019, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolkenkratzerliebhab View Post
A friend of mine, an employee of Anana Banana, told me the store will be closing shop within the month. I'm not surprised as I rarely seen many customers in the store, but, still, I hate to see a business close, be it large or small.
Sadly this does not surprise me. The Moncton storefront closed last year or the war before. They were probably just waiting for their lease to end.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2019, 5:47 PM

Pur & Simple is delayed on opening!

There are a few complications with the landlord work for this project.

(They hope to open in May 2019, if anything changes)

Last edited by DyAm00394; Feb 5, 2019 at 6:03 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces