HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Oct 21, 2019, 2:37 AM
Hong Kong

hkskyline's 2019 in Taitung, Taiwan

Taitung is an off-the-beaten track destination tucked on the other side of the mountains and not accessible by the high-speed rail network. However, this is a good place to visit for nature lovers, who will find unspoiled countryside and sea views all along Taiwan's east coast.

1. The city centre is small and a long stretch of street is pedestrianized into a busy night market.

4. The sugar apple is a local specialty and absolutely delicious. People buy these by the box to take home.

11. For more crafts and less food, there is another night market next to the old train station that offers a more cultured experience.

18. The main train station has moved to the outskirts, having outgrown its former location, which is now preserved as an urban park with some exhibitions.

21. The cityscape doesn't have many skyscrapers and is quite gritty. This is a quieter part of the island so don't expect a bustling Taipei on the east coast.

More on my website : https://www.globalphotos.org/taitung.htm

Old Posted Nov 2, 2019, 10:56 PM
Hong Kong

26. Located outside the city centre, this sugar factory was built in 1913 during the Japanese colonial era. The factory closed in 1996 and has since been transformed into an art district, a fairly typical transformation that can be seen in many large Taiwanese cities.

More on my website : https://www.globalphotos.org/taitung.htm

Old Posted Dec 3, 2019, 1:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post

The amount of intellectual property theft and unlicensed merchandise on display here is impressive!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos