HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Dec 5, 2019, 2:29 PM

There's about to be a cartel next door to these apartments, there's also a coffee shop in the book store. I agree retail would be nice, though.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2019, 5:37 PM

n/m

Last edited by ASU Diablo; Dec 5, 2019 at 10:14 PM.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2019, 4:41 AM

Centra Apartments

Looks like the apartments on Central and Columbus are now called Centra. https://www.centraphx.com

Old Posted Dec 20, 2019, 6:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsfan87 View Post
Looks like the apartments on Central and Columbus are now called Centra. https://www.centraphx.com
They’re suppose to have Retail right?

Old Posted Dec 20, 2019, 3:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJPHXskyscraperfan View Post
They’re suppose to have Retail right?
Yes, I believe so.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2020, 11:04 PM

So with Macayos closing on Central, does anyone know if that means those apartments planned are going to be starting construction soon? I live at Alta Central and am pretty interested, construction could get a little annoying, good thing I don’t drive a lot.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2020, 4:47 PM

So they are fencing off the Macayos lot today. Does anyone have some info on those apartments?

Old Posted Jan 7, 2020, 5:06 PM
Modulator

Quote:
So they are fencing off the Macayos lot today. Does anyone have some info on those apartments?
Haven't heard a thing on them. I'll see what I can dig up.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2020, 5:15 PM

demo permits issued a few weeks ago. Surprised this one seems to be happening quickly. There are thousands upon thousands of boring and somewhat identical five story "luxury" apartment buildings in the downtown area. It's the most Phoenix thing ever for no one to build anything unique or interesting.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2020, 5:56 PM

Other Midtown news

The Townhome lot at 4th ave and Osborn is fenced with some heavy equipment and an OAKLAND sign, I am wondering there are plans to begin work on these.

There is also a for sale sign

Old Posted Jan 7, 2020, 6:00 PM

what is "The Townhome lot"?

Old Posted Jan 7, 2020, 6:16 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
demo permits issued a few weeks ago. Surprised this one seems to be happening quickly. There are thousands upon thousands of boring and somewhat identical five story "luxury" apartment buildings in the downtown area. It's the most Phoenix thing ever for no one to build anything unique or interesting.
They are building these everywhere, not just here. It's unfortunately, the cheap residential trend sweeping the nation right now.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2020, 9:06 PM

Quote:
what is "The Townhome lot"?
https://goo.gl/maps/nMrQt1EBGpS1xUX1A

Planned townhomes from like 2007 that never happened, recently sold but it looks like they are doing some sort of work there so I am wondering if they plan to complete the townhomes from long ago.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2020, 9:21 PM

Gotcha. I looked at the assessor's map trying to figure out what you were talking about, looks like they were already divided up.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2020, 7:03 AM

Quote:
Yes of course, tell me something I don’t know. Of course anything 6 stories or less is going to be wood frame. I’m interested because I live at Alta Central, who just sold by the way to Wiedner. It’s still going to bring more density to the area between that and Centra on Columbus opening in March. This is the Mid Rise forum right? Sad to see Macayos go but I’m hoping Centra gets something good on their first floor. Wood frame is just the way they been doing it for houses and apartments since the 80s, it is what it is. At least they are nice with great amenities and a lot more urban looking than what they built in the late 90s, 00s with complexes like Central Station and Mosaic at Steel Indian School or Hawthorne apartments. Would love to see retail or at least start seeing some retail fill up at City Square. Definitely some opportunity there with the amount of apartments already up all around it.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2020, 2:33 PM

Quote:
Yes of course, tell me something I don’t know. Of course anything 6 stories or less is going to be wood frame. I’m interested because I live at Alta Central, who just sold by the way to Wiedner. It’s still going to bring more density to the area between that and Centra on Columbus opening in March. This is the Mid Rise forum right? Sad to see Macayos go but I’m hoping Centra gets something good on their first floor. Wood frame is just the way they been doing it for houses and apartments since the 80s, it is what it is. At least they are nice with great amenities and a lot more urban looking than what they built in the late 90s, 00s with complexes like Central Station and Mosaic at Steel Indian School or Hawthorne apartments. Would love to see retail or at least start seeing some retail fill up at City Square. Definitely some opportunity there with the amount of apartments already up all around it.
I’m disappointed with city square, some new owners bought it about a year ago with a nice fluff piece about improvements but as far as I can tell not a single thing has been done to it since the purchase.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2020, 4:25 PM

Quote:
Yes of course, tell me something I don’t know. Of course anything 6 stories or less is going to be wood frame. I’m interested because I live at Alta Central, who just sold by the way to Wiedner. It’s still going to bring more density to the area between that and Centra on Columbus opening in March. This is the Mid Rise forum right?
I feel like you think I gave some instruction to not talk about this building. I only said I'm losing count of how many generic "luxury" apartment buildings are going up and that I wish someone would build something interesting. But I get it, it's Phoenix. No one will.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2020, 1:01 AM

Quote:
I feel like you think I gave some instruction to not talk about this building. I only said I'm losing count of how many generic "luxury" apartment buildings are going up and that I wish someone would build something interesting. But I get it, it's Phoenix. No one will.
Would be nice to see more architectural value but like Ronnie said, It’s the case all over the country.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2020, 1:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
I’m disappointed with city square, some new owners bought it about a year ago with a nice fluff piece about improvements but as far as I can tell not a single thing has been done to it since the purchase.
Yeah, a lady I know that lives here at Alta Central worked for City Square and got let go with the new owners, she told me they had all these plans but I haven’t seen much yet. She told me they were thinking a farmers market on the weekend but nothing yet. With Macayos closed I think a restaurant would be great there, maybe they need the right plumbing and ventilation for something like that, idk. Even a small bar or coffee shop. something I’m hoping. The cafe isn’t bad but it’s basically a cafeteria for the workers there open 8 to 5 Monday thru Friday.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2020, 2:54 AM

Quote:
Would be nice to see more architectural value but like Ronnie said, It’s the case all over the country.
It's cheap construction and is not being built "all over the country". It's being built where there's low cost dirt which unfortunately includes Phoenix.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest