HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Suburbs

Old Posted Nov 2, 2011, 7:26 PM

Canada Post Processing centre

Does anyone know any more about this new processing facility being build on Pritchard Rd? I jsut read about it in snap Magazine but that was the first I herd about it.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2011, 9:51 PM

Quote:
Canada Post consolidating on east Mountain
By Gord Bowes, News staff
October 7, 2011

Canada Post is building a 19,000 sq. ft. distribution centre on the east Mountain as part of its national move to modernize the way it operates.

The building, situated on 2.9 acres of land on Pritchard Road at Highland, is expected to be completed in January and open for operation in April.

The national postal service’s carrier depots on Upper Gage and Upper James will be closed as those workers, plus a handful from the Stoney Creek, processing plant, move into the new facility.

Wayne Beckles, general manager of delivery operations for the region, said Canada Post has committed $2.1 billion to modernize its operations.

“We’re doing this to make us more competitive by reducing costs, increasing productivity and to build a foundation for new and improved services so that we can protect and grow our businesses,” he said.

The new plant coincides with a shift in how carriers will perform their jobs, said Canada Post spokesman Tom Creech.

Under the new model traditional carriers will be equipped with Ford vans and begin delivering larger packages as well as picking up mail from street boxes and outlets. The work combines what were two separate jobs, but there will be no layoffs, he said.

The new plant is another in a long line of businesses moving into the east Mountain near the Lincoln Alexander and Red Hill Valley parkways, said Ward 6 Coun. Tom Jackson.

“The Red Hill Business Park is growing in leaps and bounds,” he said, noting the new Fortinos headquarters and Canada Bread plant among other recent additions in the past year.

Next door to the Canada Post site, in a building that has been vacant for most of the past decade along Stone Church Road, Bell Canada has moved in.
http://www.hamiltonnews.com/news/can...east-mountain/

So, new tenants in Red Hill Business Park now include
  • Canada Bread
  • Maple Leaf Foods
  • Bell Canada
  • Canada Post
  • Fortinos HQ

Old Posted Nov 2, 2011, 10:16 PM

I had no dea that Bell Moved into that building, thats great news, It always bothered me that it was sitting empty for so long. So is Canada Post the the South of that on the same side?

Old Posted Nov 3, 2011, 12:25 PM

This post has nothing to do with Canada Post.

Does it bother anyone else when they see it written as "east Mountain?" I was always taught that compass directions should be capitalised, but it seemed like people always wrote "east Mountain" during the stadium debate.

Maybe I'm just being overly priggish...

Old Posted Nov 4, 2011, 3:46 PM

its all abotu Canada Post

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Suburbs