HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 4:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Regina_Boy View Post
Does anyone know (or have heard) about when the next section of Harbour Landing will start. The area between Campbell and Courtney Streets? I would assume this will be sooner as oppose to later. Also I would assume they would close campbell access to Hwy 1 at that point (long overdue IMO) same with Courtney access to Hwy 1. Just make the service road between the two interchanges?
There is still a solid two years, in my opinion, left of residential construction in the existing Harbour Landing, so I can't see any kind of westward expansion starting (physically) until 2016 at the earliest. There's been no indication (or even a sniff) at any kind of a neighbourhood plan for Harbour Landing West (that i'm aware of) so that gives you an idea of timeline.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 4:17 PM

Quote:
Does anyone know (or have heard) about when the next section of Harbour Landing will start. The area between Campbell and Courtney Streets? I would assume this will be sooner as oppose to later. Also I would assume they would close campbell access to Hwy 1 at that point (long overdue IMO) same with Courtney access to Hwy 1. Just make the service road between the two interchanges?
Since it has been stated that Harbour Landing/Grasslands is growing at a rate that's 4X than anticipated; I'd say: "Sooner."

Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 4:35 PM

I would think sooner as well. However, I guess that would also be a condition of Coopertown and the completion of the East end neighborhoods. 2016 I would think would be a good date.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 4:39 PM

Based on recent housing start numbers, I'd be of the opinion that Regina's growth is slowing now. Still higher than a decade ago, to be sure, but it's possible that new developments won't break ground quite as soon as one might expect.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 4:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacko View Post
Based on recent housing start numbers, I'd be of the opinion that Regina's growth is slowing now. Still higher than a decade ago, to be sure, but it's possible that new developments won't break ground quite as soon as one might expect.
Those start numbers are swayed by big swings in multifamily starts. One or 2 project starts can really skew those numbers. there is no slow down. There are several massive multi -family projects ready to start this year.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 7:54 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacko View Post
With the various potash mines going up and the oil fields down south firing at all cylinders, don't expect Regina's economy to slow down any time soon. They are in or near the lead in almost all economic indicators across the country. It is an exciting time for Regina.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2014, 2:14 PM

Quote:
I seem to remember from the long term Regina growth plan that the City has put a halt to all new Harbour Landing development, much to the dismay of Harvard Development who have invested tens of millions of dollars into servicing the area. The City wants to expand the north and north-west areas more and revisit the Harbour Landing plan in a few years.

Can anyone find the press release from a while back where a Harvard/Dundee representative said that the City promised them the whole area was a go and then backed out? They sounded severely pissed. Tack that on the new lawsuit that Dundee is pressing against the city to reclaim sewer line costs for Harbour Landing and it's one huge clusterf---.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2014, 2:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan0myte View Post
I seem to remember from the long term Regina growth plan that the City has put a halt to all new Harbour Landing development, much to the dismay of Harvard Development who have invested tens of millions of dollars into servicing the area. The City wants to expand the north and north-west areas more and revisit the Harbour Landing plan in a few years.

Can anyone find the press release from a while back where a Harvard/Dundee representative said that the City promised them the whole area was a go and then backed out? They sounded severely pissed. Tack that on the new lawsuit that Dundee is pressing against the city to reclaim sewer line costs for Harbour Landing and it's one huge clusterf---.
I do believe I have seen the area North of Dewdney and East of Pinky Road to be filled in. That would be interesting. (Also Sakamay best upgrade their facilities) Then there is likely to be a large commercial district around there to. Maybe that commercial area near the hub, services by Dewdney and the interchanges off the Regina West Bypass. Will make getting things when living in Grand Coulee

And yes the sewer line issue is bad. However I still hold that they connect the partially completed South service road between Campbell and Courtney and close the cross-overs. As they have done between Hwy 48 and Hwy 46 on the east side of the city.

Old Posted Apr 11, 2014, 3:08 AM

Quote:
I do believe I have seen the area North of Dewdney and East of Pinky Road to be filled in. That would be interesting. (Also Sakamay best upgrade their facilities) Then there is likely to be a large commercial district around there to. Maybe that commercial area near the hub, services by Dewdney and the interchanges off the Regina West Bypass. Will make getting things when living in Grand Coulee

And yes the sewer line issue is bad. However I still hold that they connect the partially completed South service road between Campbell and Courtney and close the cross-overs. As they have done between Hwy 48 and Hwy 46 on the east side of the city.
in the OCR plan issued by the city, it seems that nothing has been scheduled to expand harbour landing area.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan