HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jun 18, 2015, 3:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benvui View Post
I really hope that the talks of the commercial development are true, and that they do it right and make it fit with the town identity and not the standard commercial development you usually see (I would not want box stores in Shediac). The Hotel is desperately needed, there is a huge gap between Hotel Shediac and Seeley's motel, a void that needs to be filled. As for the campground, I was one of the people against the campground at the location they suggested, as I said at the time that location would be much better suited for the commercial development that would be open year round than a campground that runs from the end of May until the middle of September. I firmly believe that Shediac could transform itself into a year round destination if the right people with the vision to do so were elected.
Lets hope this development goes ahead, and that citizens who are all for it but have some concerns about it can be heard... For all 3 Developments it would mean more job options for Shediac residents, and surrounding area residents as well. Also would make Shediac a Year round destination small busissiness owners would see a steady stream of income if it's done well.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2015, 3:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
Lets hope this development goes ahead, and that citizens who are all for it but have some concerns about it can be heard... For all 3 Developments it would mean more job options for Shediac residents, and surrounding area residents as well. Also would make Shediac a Year round destination small busissiness owners would see a steady stream of income if it's done well.
Might have to add a "seasonal" lane to the 15 from Moncton... The past few nights at 4:30 there have actually been jams (caused by nothing but someone slowing down a bit or merging 5 miles away). I was sure there was an accident, or road-work but... nope. Just lots and lots of cars.

I kid of course about the lane, but it's incredible how heavy that traffic gets June-Sept.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2015, 3:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkuta View Post
Might have to add a "seasonal" lane to the 15 from Moncton... The past few nights at 4:30 there have actually been jams (caused by nothing but someone slowing down a bit or merging 5 miles away). I was sure there was an accident, or road-work but... nope. Just lots and lots of cars.

I kid of course about the lane, but it's incredible how heavy that traffic gets June-Sept.
I'm sure the new interchange will alleviate this. The issue now is you have to take 2 consecutive exits to get to Main street coming from Moncton. The new interchange at Riverside will also help to split up traffic.

Speaking of which, I thought they were going to start work on the 11-15 interchange this year. All the trees were cleared a year ago, the brush is growing back!

Old Posted Jun 18, 2015, 3:47 PM

Quote:

I do agree traffic is bad, and if Shediac is turned into an all season area Highway 15 would have to be fixed to lessen the traffic issues if not fix em all together... I could see a BRT direct from Moncton to Shediac, and if Shediac where to expand as such a Bus system should be put in to lessen the traffic in the town... I do agree with you between June, and Sept the traffic into the town specially between Moncton, and Shediac is slow going, and packed, and the majority is Day trips from Moncton...

Old Posted Jun 18, 2015, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
I'm sure the new interchange will alleviate this. The issue now is you have to take 2 consecutive exits to get to Main street coming from Moncton. The new interchange at Riverside will also help to split up traffic.
I agree. This won't hurt.
Speaking of which, I thought they were going to start work on the 11-15 interchange this year. All the trees were cleared a year ago, the brush is growing back![/QUOTE]
I've often wondered that as well.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2015, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
I agree. This won't hurt.
Quote:
Speaking of which, I thought they were going to start work on the 11-15 interchange this year. All the trees were cleared a year ago, the brush is growing back!
I've often wondered that as well.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2015, 3:55 PM

I was wondering that just this morning on my way to work, they did all that work to clear trees last year and nothing so far this year, hopefully they'll start work soon.

As for the interchange off highway 15 on Chesley, that isn't scheduled to start until next year but it should help with the traffic on Main St. in Shediac

Old Posted Jun 18, 2015, 6:31 PM

The highway 15 and 11 interchange road project is on hold until further notice. It was announced by the provincial government last March that the project is on hiatus for this year at least. Is anyone else surprised by this...

Old Posted Jun 18, 2015, 6:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUIR@random View Post
The highway 15 and 11 interchange road project is on hold until further notice. It was announced by the provincial government last March that the project is on hiatus for this year at least. Is anyone else surprised by this...
Link?

Old Posted Jun 18, 2015, 7:23 PM

Quote:
Link?
I don't have a link, but it was on Global News New Brunswick (evening edition) in March 2015, a Google search might provide the story. The story also involved the hiatus of highway 11, again... promises, promises. Remember, it's a federal election this year...

Old Posted Jun 20, 2015, 11:42 PM

Like other projects in the province i'm cautiously optimistic that this will be done, and the highways , and connections fixed to work better then they currently do. But have they not been talking about fixing Highway 11, and 15 for what feels like forever now?

Old Posted Jun 21, 2015, 8:16 PM

I'm not worried about these delays. It's all political, almost everything will go ahead no matter who wins, since then it won't matter who's the PM and who's the MP. After all, none of this will be in people's heads in 2019.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2015, 4:17 AM

I found out an approximate Location for the Campground, and also a few potential locations for the new commercial development.

The Campground Proposed would be a 200 site (could be more) with full amenities. Going from Shediac on Route 132... heading past the Seaside Chevrolet. As for the Commercial development could be on the 200 Block of Main St. somewhere, or Could mean the purchase of Unused/underutilized buildings on Main St., and there are also some lots that have not yet been sold/purchased that have yet to be looked at. I'm guessing there looking to see how accessible those areas are for locals, and tourist alike no word yet on the possible hotel location or locations as it sounds there might be more then one hotel going up. If these projects where to be fully approved it would push Shediac into a year round town instead of a summer fun town.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2015, 4:44 PM

From Victor Boudreau's Facebook page
"A nice municipal-provincial-federal announcement was made yesterday where each level will invest over 1.5 million to improve Chesley St. We'll see the street rebuilt and extended, a connection to Breaux-Bridge St and lights at the corner of Main St. A project worth over 4.5 million. Congrats to all!"

This project is the start of the work to build another exchange off of highway 15.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2015, 11:07 AM

Has Targett's Chicken been sold finally? We drove by last weekend, and there where no more Real estate signs visible...

Old Posted Jul 30, 2015, 2:36 PM

Here is an image of the upgrades to Pascale Poirier Park to be completed next summer from the town's facebook page

They will be installing a splash pad and walking circuit. I'm not sure this was the best park to pick for this, it is certainly the most visible park but they have so many events here that taking up real estate with a splash pad seems like they are going to be reducing the number of events going on here, especially the Market. Some of the comments on Facebook referred to the parking situation at the park, I'm not sure that is a concern since the arena and elementary school are a block away and unused during the summer when the splash pad would be open.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2015, 2:09 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

So, how bad is traffic on Main Street in Shediac this summer? Isn't it reduced to one lane because of sewer reconstruction? Traffic is so horrible most of the time, I can't imagine what it's like now.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2015, 2:27 PM

I visited Shediac about a dozen times during the construction and the detours they set up may have help with the normal summer congestion. I know, call me crazy!

Old Posted Sep 14, 2015, 2:39 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

There is a proposal before Shediac town council (requiring rezoning) to allow a 22 unit condo development backing on the Scoudouc River.

While listed as a "condo" development, I get the impression that these will be detached dwellings, but with a private easement into the development and all infrastructure being the responsibility of the owners of the development, not the municipality.

Here's the proposed by-law governing this development:
http://shediac.ca/images/pdf/arretes...-july_2015.pdf

Old Posted Sep 14, 2015, 5:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
There is a proposal before Shediac town council (requiring rezoning) to allow a 22 unit condo development backing on the Scoudouc River.
Interesting... that's a beautiful spot (I've been in that way before) and would be almost "resort-like" in it's positioning on the river. A fairly large development for so far up Riverside drive... a street that is kinda spotty in it's quality.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces