HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Feb 29, 2016, 2:35 PM

The Shediac Minor Soccer association has put a call out for people to attend a council meeting for the Beaubassin East town council. They are looking at building a sports dome in the community and they are trying to drum up support as the first presentation did not fair well. It is believed that most of the people that went would be people who wouldn't have use for such a facility.
I personally would support such a facility (although it might be better suited for Shediac than Beaubassin East) as it would provide a winter facility for kids who don't play hockey like mine.
I wonder what fellow board members think about such a project?

Here is a link to the Beaubassin East website about the meeting this week

Old Posted Mar 14, 2016, 1:14 PM

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, I've been noticing work on the Shediac Rd opposite where the Scoudouc overpass is lately. I wasn't sure exactly what it was before but now it looks like they are starting to build a road there. I'm wondering if the land owner decided to build the road and subdivide the property and connect it too the overpass? This would be interesting development for that area and would open up some land for development. I know they are talking on re-zoning some of the land between the Scoudouc overpass and Shediac as highway commercial, this could spur some of that development.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2016, 1:21 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

It's only a short jaunt (probably less than a km) between the Shediac Road and the new Scoudouc interchange. To do a connection between the two would be a no brainer as far as I'm concerned. It could easily become a node for development.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2016, 3:20 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Just plotted it on Google Earth - it's only 900 meters.

This was always a very strange interchange. It's a costly access point to the Scoudouc Industrial Park, perhaps built in a vain attempt to lure a Wal-Mart distribution centre (at least this was the rumour at the time). The centre was never built and the interchange is little used by commercial traffic and is of no real use to the citizens of Scoudouc. This has to be one of the worst mistakes of the MOT in a long time (no doubt with heavy political pressure).

At least if they built the connector through to the Shediac Road, then it could be used as a shortcut between Lakeville and Scoudouc, and perhaps could stimulate some residential development in the area.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2016, 11:59 AM

Work on upgrading Chesley St. in Shediac is to begin on Monday. This is phase 1 work to connect Chesley with Hwy 15 and also create another east-west corridor in the town (using Breaux Bridge St.)

Here is the press release from the town which includes an image of what the final product will be.
There is another phase to this project to connect east bound highway 15 to Riverside dr. but no word when this work will begin.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2016, 8:59 PM
I have no Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by benvui View Post
Work on upgrading Chesley St. in Shediac is to begin on Monday. This is phase 1 work to connect Chesley with Hwy 15 and also create another east-west corridor in the town (using Breaux Bridge St.)

Here is the press release from the town which includes an image of what the final product will be.
There is another phase to this project to connect east bound highway 15 to Riverside dr. but no word when this work will begin.
Wow that is some restructuring project, a lot of residents I doubt will be happy about this. I have a feeling though that the houses there will be "Grandfathered" and any new properties will need to be commercial, similar to main street, although nothing official.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2016, 9:49 PM

It seems that they are changing the location Lino Roads location at least between Riverside Drive, and Des Pellerin Road. also it seems people may be loosing some parking if they are actually widening the road as it looks like on the News release.

Old Posted May 15, 2016, 7:45 PM

Work seems to be going strong for the splitting of Route 11 There is still lots of Machinery going, and we could see what seems to be the sections of a new overpass For Main Street over Route 11 (not yet in place), and also looked like there was a crew farther back possibly trying to figure out where to move On ramp 1 so not to interfere with ramp 0B. Even today with so little traffic with several vehicles not yielding it could have turned from traffic jam to tragic jam.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2016, 12:23 PM

Was in Shediac last night and noticed that the land besides the Wilson's gas station was sold. Any idea what's going there?

Old Posted Jun 5, 2016, 10:21 PM

Rumor is that the land beside Wilson's, plus Wilson's and the two homes on the other side have all been sold. Taking its place is a Irving gas station along with Circle K and Tim Hortons.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2016, 2:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekojim View Post
Rumor is that the land beside Wilson's, plus Wilson's and the two homes on the other side have all been sold. Taking its place is a Irving gas station along with Circle K and Tim Hortons.
Excellent place for a timmies, I'm actually surprised there isn't 2 tims in shediac already.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2016, 2:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekojim View Post
I knew about the 2 homes, and land next to it being sold. Din't think Wilson's was closing, or moving from there location thought. But if it's true that there switching that area to an Irving Gas bar, Circle K, and Tim's it will make a few more jobs for the Shediac area.

I'm still wondering what if anything will happen to the Targett's Chicken property, and also the potential commercial/ Residential property behind the Chevy Dealer, and several lots that have been approved for either Campgrounds, and/or Mini home parks thought.

Last edited by Scarface; Jun 6, 2016 at 3:01 PM.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2016, 3:05 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

There's a new candy store in Shediac.

Candy Craze is located next to Goji's on Main Street near Parlee Beach.

It seems very similar to Freak Lunchbox, but without the character.

https://www.facebook.com/candycraze.shediac/?fref=photo

Old Posted Jun 12, 2016, 10:46 PM
Our Tide is Rising

You're assessment is spot on MonctonRad haha...I was there yesterday and had the same thought...literally all the same products as freak lunchbox minus the extra "weird" doodads and decor of F.L. ...also there is another new candy store in downtown shediac (across from Bell) that is open now or opening soon...the name escapes me.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2016, 12:46 PM

The Candy store across from Bell has been open for a couple of months. I'm not sure why in Shediac they always open similar stores. Guaranteed either 1 or both won't survive.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2016, 3:20 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The former Saan in Shediac is being renovated as a new Home Hardware store

source: https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...91&oe=57EC7507

Old Posted Aug 11, 2016, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
The former Saan in Shediac is being renovated as a new Home Hardware store

source: https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...91&oe=57EC7507
I know this was posted around mid July, and it's almost mid August now.

I'm glad to see Shediac Home Hardware will finally be getting a bigger store. I do wonder what will happen to there old location further back on the lot. Could make a good lumber storage area.

Also would like to state since this was talked about a while back According to the province Shediac is a lot bigger then what most of us where thinking.

Shediac's borders seem to be strangely shaped. with it bordering from 2924-2986 on Route 134. Surrounding the Harbour View Drive properties, and then partly following the Scoudouc River Keeping East of Malakoff, Meadow Brook, and Calhoun. all the way down to PID:70536180(partly Shediac) The East side Follows down the Western edge of Beaubasin East.

It might just have to do with Property tax lines to make it simpler but would they go so far as to add a single property that seems to only have 1/3 of it's land within Shediac's borders?

Old Posted Aug 23, 2016, 11:15 AM

The Permitted 677 Site 5 star campground that is supposed to be built between Pointe Du Chêne Road, and Parlee Beach Road. Might be null, and void. I realized why opposition where so against it. Since the Shediac Anglican Church owns the land, and it's original status was Conservation area.

Personal note: I think people are assuming that Developers Victor, and Michel Boudreau are trying to avoid taxes by building there campground on church owned land. Also people are wondering why the church is leasing the land, and not selling from what I've heard from people in the area.

According to the T&T It seems to be the church asking for the extension, and there is wonder why there not just building the campground themselves instead of asking for an extension on someone else's project.

There is also a Bill Beliveau who is an opponent of this development, and seems to possibly be the one who opposes all development in the Greater Shediac area. He claims the building permit has already expires except everywhere I've been reading it said it would only expire if construction din't start by summers end. It might feel like it this morning but summer is still not over.

I'm a little torn on this project, and am wondering if this will set any precedent on any other campgrounds in the area, or any other projects that might attract tourist for that matter.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2016, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
Personal note: I think people are assuming that Developers Victor, and Michel Boudreau are trying to avoid taxes by building there campground on church owned land. Also people are wondering why the church is leasing the land, and not selling from what I've heard from people in the area.

According to the T&T It seems to be the church asking for the extension, and there is wonder why there not just building the campground themselves instead of asking for an extension on someone else's project.
The Anglican Church own most of the land in that part of Shediac and rent the land to a significant number of businesses in that area. I don't think the church is actually interested in selling the land. It's probably more profitable to them to lease it than selling it.

What is stopping the project is the lawsuit between the Anglican Church and Oceanic camping who's also leasing it's land from that Church. Legal procedure takes time, so they can't proceeds before it's settle.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2016, 6:48 PM

The 677 Site Campground that is supposed to be built behind the Shops at the corner of Main, and Pointe Du Chain Road will be in front of Council Tuesday 30th August. They are supposed to decide then if they will allow an extension, or not for the developer.

I decided to add this here instead of a completely new response. Extension has been approved for 3 years it was a unanimous vote except Councilor Sylvie Colette-Boudreau who was not allowed to vote since she is married to one of the developers.

If this vote was based on majority of councilors constituents it just means the ones who hated this idea are a small but very vocal group.

Last edited by Scarface; Aug 30, 2016 at 11:27 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces