HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 12, 2006, 5:53 PM

that seems smaller than what i saw. anything else being built in that area?

Old Posted Dec 12, 2006, 9:36 PM

Here are a couple of pictures I took a while back of the new FBI building.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2006, 12:21 AM

ah yes thats it. i guess i just remembered it being bigger

Old Posted Dec 13, 2006, 2:08 PM

Yay. A few drawings for the House of Blues site for the HP in DT. Notice no tower though.

Interior music hall

Old Posted Dec 13, 2006, 2:13 PM
Baryonic Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternGulf View Post
Yay. A few drawings for the House of Blues site for the HP in DT. Notice no tower though.

Interior music hall
I think I can see the new FBI building where the garage where I work. Here I am thinking the house of blues was just another chain restaurant with gimmicks hanging on the walls like... hard rock cafe or the like.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2006, 8:11 PM

Can anyone tell me where the Mosiac and the new FBI building are going to be located?

Old Posted Dec 13, 2006, 8:28 PM

My Chemical Romance is playing the House of Blues! Nice choice by Gensler Architects!

The Mosaic towers are rising on the eastern border of Hermann Park between downtown and the Texas Medical Center. Just east of the Museum District.

The FBI Tower is going up along Highway 290 just outside the Loop in Northwest Houston.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2006, 11:46 PM

Local Developer Begins 236-Unit Phase I

HOUSTON-Following receipt of a $26 million construction/permanent loan, local developer Long Reach Associates Ltd., operating under the name Dunlavy Development Phase I LLC, launched construction on the first phase of its Fairmont Museum District. The 236-unit first phase is anticipated for completion in late 2007 or early 2008.

The project is situated on 2.7 acres at 4310 Dunlavy St. and Live Oak Capital Ltd. Production officer Jim Kirkpatrick tells GlobeSt.com that decision on a second phase will take place once plans are firmer for the Houston's Metro rail line. "Depending on what Metro does, there may be a retail component in the second phase, along with residential," says Kirkpatrick, who helped obtain $26 million in financing for the project's first phase.

In the meantime, he continues, the first phase is an ideal area for high-density residential housing, as it sits at the corner of Richmond Avenue and Dunlavy. "They have a property that is literally five minutes from the Medical Center, five minutes from downtown, five minutes from Greenwood Plaza, and a couple more minutes after that gets you to the Galleria," he says.
The location and developer reputation were two reasons why obtaining financing wasn't too much of a hardship, he says. Live Oak Capital correspondent lender Guardian Life Insurance Co. of America in New York provided the construction-to-perm loan because "they brought the best combination of proceeds and interest rate," Kirkpatrick notes.

The loan itself is a 24-month construction loan rolling into 20-year permanent financing with a split amortization of 25 years for the first 10 years and 20 years for the last 10 years. The fixed interest rate is 137 basis points over 10-year Treasury notes.

Local architect Steinberg Design Collaborative LLP designed Fairmont Museum District's first phase, while Davis Brothers Construction Ltd., also in Houston, is the general contractor. Long Reach Associates will handle leasing and management.

http://www.globest.com/news/802_802/.../151420-1.html

Old Posted Dec 15, 2006, 1:16 AM
Dryer lint inspector

^ must be where the old HCCS/HISD building was on the corner of dunlavy and richmond.

also, why is this thread so dead? surely we have quite a bit of stuff going on. yeah? no?

as for the pavillions, all talk, i wanna see bulldozers downtown.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2006, 5:44 AM
Baryonic Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmancuso View Post
^ must be where the old HCCS/HISD building was on the corner of dunlavy and richmond.

also, why is this thread so dead? surely we have quite a bit of stuff going on. yeah? no?

as for the pavillions, all talk, i wanna see bulldozers downtown.
Houston Pavillions = Shamrock Tower

Old Posted Dec 15, 2006, 10:17 AM
Dryer lint inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeelee View Post
Houston Pavillions = Shamrock Tower
yes.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2006, 1:52 PM
Baryonic Lord

:werd:

Old Posted Dec 19, 2006, 9:50 PM

I noticed emporis has 2727 Kirby at River Oaks listed as UC. Has foundation work already begun??
Vista Tower, Chicago 1,1199 ft UC 45 Broad St, New York 1,115 ft UC
9 DeKalb Ave, New York 1,066 ft 53W53, New York 1,050 ft UC

Old Posted Dec 20, 2006, 1:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazpmk View Post
I noticed emporis has 2727 Kirby at River Oaks listed as UC. Has foundation work already begun??

the crane is already up.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2006, 3:06 PM

How long has the crane been up? Never knew they already started. Any news on the River Oaks mixed use I believe is suppose to be across the street at Westheimer and Kirby?

Old Posted Dec 21, 2006, 2:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasboy View Post
How long has the crane been up? Never knew they already started. Any news on the River Oaks mixed use I believe is suppose to be across the street at Westheimer and Kirby?

The crane has been up for about a month. As far as across the street, the site is still wrapped up and dirt still sits.

Here is a street level view of the Mosaic that I took yesterday evening.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2006, 3:33 PM

The high profile lot in the Medical Center at the corner of Main St and University Blvd. will finally be developed by Rice University. Construction began this week on the Collaborative Research Center. Completion date is set for 2009. The building will be 10 stories tall according to the press release although the rendering clearly show a few extra floos. It will house Rice U's bioscience and biotech classrooms and will be operated in conjunction with several TMC institutions. The ground floor will have 10,000 square feet of retail/restaurant space and the entire project will be built according to LEED certification guidelines.

The building will be constructed allowing for the possible expansion of another tower on top in the near future as well as an adjacent tower on the same 2.7 acre plot. It will have 3 levels of UNDERGROUND parking. Huray.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2006, 4:06 PM

I have not been in this area in a while, so from the rendering, it looks like it will be behind all the buildings on Fannin. Last time I was in Houston earlier this year in the winter, it looked like there was a wall of development developing on that street. It looked like most of it was from BCM. Too bad some of that fascinating architecture will not be facing Main, but it probably would have had too many setbacks away from the street anyway. Overall it looks like a cool project.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2006, 4:12 PM

Isn't everything west of Fannin outside the TMC's borders?

Old Posted Dec 21, 2006, 6:08 PM

This will face Main St. and University Blvd. It is right next to the relatively new Baylor College of Medicine Clinic. Think across University from Rice U's track/soccer complex...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations