HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Arts, Culture & Entertainment

Old Posted Oct 10, 2009, 4:10 AM

there was a richard gere sharon stone movie filmed here and set in vancouver too...

back than BCTV had the stupidty to go knock on the door of the house Richard gere had rented to say hello to him - this was like early 90's i think when movie star sightings were still exciting to the news people here

Old Posted Oct 10, 2009, 4:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distill3d View Post
^weird, like Paladin there said, that was some Konesig Bank or something like that Sunday afternoon.
Thanks for the pics.
That scene is hilarious...I don't know what could be more wrong:
1. A North American bus (Orion V)
2. The Police cars have Post Office plates (Bundespost = BP)
3. North American spec cars.
4. Road markings and traffic signs are different...like the crosswalk.

The Dodge Sprinter (AKA Mercedes Sprinter) is the closest thing to being believable.

Seriously, who do they hire for this stuff?

Old Posted Oct 10, 2009, 4:44 AM
(||||||-||||-||||||)

^ oh, they just want to do it in Vancouver nothing else matters.

~ FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT

Old Posted Oct 10, 2009, 4:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zivan56 View Post
Seriously, who do they hire for this stuff?
The A-Team!

That's what the film was. I happened to be there when they shot the action scene. It was pretty cool to see the whole thing go down in person.

A guy with a sub machine gun races through the lobby of the Convention Centre, which was doubling as Frankfurt International, and shoots out the glass doors ahead of him. While he is doing this a silver Mercedes peels out of the Centre's parking lot and fishtales around a BMW which careens into an oncoming Volvo. Our guy with the machine gun fires off his clip at the departing Merc as he jumps over the hood of the crashed Volvo and then switches to pistol and lets off the full clip. At that moment the polizei sedans skid stop and the guys jump out and start yelling for our guy to drop the gun. Then the police vans roll up and disgorge more police. The guy puts his hands up as the movie's female lead Jessica Beal maybe? walks up with a pistol and they talk.

The whole thing will last ten seconds on film and it took them the whole day to set up. CoV Engineering took down all of the street lights and the film co put up signs in german. All of the visible signs, including the hoarding ads for the Fairmont Pacific Rim were replaced with signs in german.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2009, 4:58 AM

Ah, well at least they have an excuse.
Having been to Frankfurt (FRA) many times, it looks nothing like the new Convention Centre unless they recently opened a new addition.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2009, 5:07 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
there was a richard gere sharon stone movie filmed here and set in vancouver too...

back than BCTV had the stupidty to go knock on the door of the house Richard gere had rented to say hello to him - this was like early 90's i think when movie star sightings were still exciting to the news people here
It was called "Intersection" and unfortunately the movie was little more than a soap opera but Vancouver did actually get to play itself for a change.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2009, 8:58 PM

not movies a commercial - I saw a new one on KTLA the other night - but i can't find it

Video Link

Old Posted Nov 10, 2009, 9:25 PM

Heath Ledger's last movie, the Imaginarium of Doctor Parnussus, now has a trailer....the below trailer shows a scene shot in the Library Square atrium:
Video Link

Old Posted Nov 10, 2009, 9:27 PM

Cool!

Old Posted Nov 10, 2009, 11:38 PM

the imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus

I saw the movie at VIFF, a few weeks back.
I have to admit the movie is hard to follow, that being said fans of Terry Gilliam will be enthralled, also must make note of Heath Ledger's performance is excellent.
Terry Gilliam did an amazing piece of work with the inclusion of the other actors taking just bits here and there, the role of Tony was not diminished by the participation of the other actors, watch for Verne Troyer awesome role and Tom Waits as Nick.
This is a movie that will attract a lot of attention for Gilliam followers and Honor Heath ledger's magical work.
I have some reservation concerning certain actors(performance), that be said it become an another story I will not divulge, each can make up his or her mind once you see the movie.
Note: this is a movie you will need to see more than once to understand its concept, well worth the viewing.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2009, 12:41 AM

Theres a new Canadian television show called Shattered that will be airing on Showcase Canada that will be filming in Vancouver. They are filming scenes today at Main & Terminal right infront of the Pacific C. Building off of the Main skytrain. They were on the grass and there was a scene where there was a crime scene with police and yellow tape everywhere and a man finds out his wife was killed and police are holding him back to get to his wife while he was trying to fight them off.

Here are a few pics I got.

http://www.mypicx.com/11122009/shatteredfilming/

click the pictures to enlarge.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2009, 12:51 AM

They are filming a "A-Team" movie currently in Vancouver, after filming up in Kamloops and Ashcroft (the desert in BC) for the summer and fall.

Apparently some of the fake money used in the movie was stolen and is now showing up in various location!

At least this is what I heard through the grapevine.

It is also fun to note that all of the desert scenes in "2012" were also filmed in Kamloops and Ashcoft, that arid area is startingto get more movie attention as a sub for Californaia, Nevada and Arizona when movies are being filmed here.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2009, 12:56 AM

Cant wait to see 2012 tmr!

Old Posted Nov 13, 2009, 1:17 AM

Did anyone watch the last episode of "V"? They had a great scene in front of the Building at the eastern corner of W Georgia and Thurlow. I want to say it's 1075 W Georgia. It is the very geometrical building with the square windows recessed into deep concrete window wells all the way up. I've always found it an attractive, unique building facade. I've seen plenty of other buildings like that in other cities (it must have been a popular style at some point. But the one here is the only one that really stands out impressively.

Anyhow, apparently the building serves as the headquarters for the FBI offices where the lead female actress (Elizabeth Mitchell) works. They have a scene of her walking out and talking to one of the other characters in front of it, and you can see those square shapes of the building windows as the backdrop.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2009, 2:00 AM
Vancouver User

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjimbc View Post
Did anyone watch the last episode of "V"? They had a great scene in front of the Building at the eastern corner of W Georgia and Thurlow. I want to say it's 1075 W Georgia. It is the very geometrical building with the square windows recessed into deep concrete window wells all the way up. I've always found it an attractive, unique building facade. I've seen plenty of other buildings like that in other cities (it must have been a popular style at some point. But the one here is the only one that really stands out impressively.
I think you're referring to this building:

It's the MacMillan Bloedel building, designed by Arthur Erickson. I think it was built in the 50's or 60's.

Great choice for the FBI's headquarters.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2009, 2:02 AM

It is known as the "concrete waffle." you have to love it!

Old Posted Nov 13, 2009, 6:34 AM

Yep, that's the one . . . and I do love it. It's an impressive building.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2009, 9:19 PM
Glorfied Overrated Guest

Anyone know what they were filming at Rev's in Burnaby (Holdem and Lougheed) this week? I drove by it probably 10 or 15 times in the last week and there was film trucks and crews set up outside in the parking lot. Didn't see any signs for set location or anything though.

Pinky: I think so, Brain, but this time, you put the trousers on the chimp.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2009, 3:30 AM

Burrard street has turned into Europe - well the block where the bell building is - its currently called KONIGSBANK and they are filming ATEam - majot streets shut down all day and all day sunday too apparently - quite a pain if you are driving in the area... I snuck some pics - loads of crew around no one said anything - one kid was videoing it - they had a guy doing something on the building and loads of "european" cars with european plates and taxis etc - quite cool

moving fast kinda blurred

Old Posted Dec 11, 2009, 5:37 AM
Ferris Wheel Hater

Not sure what they are filming at Centerm tonight, the whole place is lit up, they have a helicopter flying around and they just had an impressive firework display.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Arts, Culture & Entertainment