HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Apr 15, 2015, 3:04 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANRIDERFAN View Post
I don't think a real farmer/rancher would be caught dead with those things hanging from the tow hitch.

But most if not all farm trucks start off their life looking like this:

And end their lives looking alot like this one:

(Courtesy of the Western Producer)
http://www.producer.com/2015/03/10-w...ne-farm-truck/
10 ways to create a genuine farm truck:

A lot of attention is put into the making of a good farm truck you can park on Main Street with the keys in.

1. The home-made security system, which usually involves a tricky, i.e. broken, secret door handle system.; a thief may be able to get around this by climbing in the passenger’s side.

2. If stolen the getaway has to be made at no more than 75 km/h due to the vibration.

3. The round bale in the box is designed to block the ability of thieves seeing if anybody is pursuing them, which works hand-in-hand with the cracked or missing rearview mirrors.

4. The stick-on convex mirrors attached to the bottoms of any remaining outside mirrors give thieves the false sense of trouble being far away.

5. The cracked windshield covered in bird droppings is designed to make any forward travel at high speed almost impossible.

6. Driving fast is rendered extra risky due to the large number of tools, hydraulic jacks and chains on the floor, as well as by the frayed, unsafe seatbelts.

7. Thieves will have other concerns as well, such as sitting on a large syringe left on the seat, or on the staple-pulling end of a fencing tool and/or inhaling the fumes and smoke that enter the cab through the holes in the floorboards and shifter boots.

8. Thieves may have to contend with the dog that sleeps on the toolbox in the back. It might wake up and come through the sliding rear window hole.

9. The keys hanging from the ignition or laying on the seat are for the old Deere 4020 and grain bin padlocks. Secretly, a knife or anything pointy that can be twisted will unlock the steering wheel and start the truck.

10. In most farming communities, it is difficult to steal a farm truck. Everyone smiles and waves at every vehicle they meet on the roads. That makes it kind of hard to fly under the radar.
11. The Size 13 double wide work boots, and the 15 pound wrench laying on the passengers side, act as a reminder that getting caught will not be fun.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2017, 5:10 PM
Registered Drug User

I think this qualifies for this thread:

Quote:
Eyeball tattoos could lead to blindness and severe infections, doctors warn
Ophthalmologists, tattoo studios decry risky practice, saying it's very difficult to engage in it safely.

A 24-year-old woman says she has learned the hard way about the risks of the procedure.

Catt Gallinger says she recently allowed someone to dye the white of her right eye purple, but has since developed major complications.

Gallinger does alternative modelling, a branch of modelling that features models who do not conform to mainstream beauty ideals and who often have body modifications.

She has currently lost part of the vision in her swollen, misshapen eye and is facing the prospect of living with irreversible damage.

"This is a very big toll on the mental health," she said in a telephone interview. "At this point, every day is different. Some days I feel a bit better, other days I kind of want to give up."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/tattoo-eyeball-1.4313440
Is this the point where someone's defiance of "mainstream beauty ideals" crosses over from striking a blow against the tyranny of conformity to, well, being just plain dumb?

Back in the day you could grow out of your punk rock phase. You could leave the mohawk, pink hair, bizarre piercings and trousers held together with safety pins behind and, down the road, laugh at your high school photos with sentimental pleasure and nostalgia.

Then the tattoo craze went full mainstream in the 90s. Hands up anyone freed from mom and dad's strictures in 1994 who doesn't regret their tattoo(s)? My conservative, anecdotal estimate would be that 90% of forty-somethings wish to Christ they hadn't gotten that messianic barbed wire thing around their upper arm or that elaborate eagle across their shoulder blades that has become such an embarrassment. One of the most reliable growth industries these days is tattoo removal.

But the new trick is vision loss from injecting dye into your eyeballs. Where once you could chuckle at goofy haircuts from your bygone era, these days people are imprinted permanently with their youthful stupidity.

One of my favourite Who songs is "Tattoo." The wistful, beautiful harmonies are from a time when it was commonly understood that only the most rough and tumble jack-the-lads outside of a merchant ship would be permanently disfiguring their skin, but now the sentiment seems quaintly dated. Still, a very pretty song.

"Welcome to my life, tattoo
We've a long time together, me and you
I expect I'll regret you
But the skin graft man won't get you
You'll be there when I die"

Video Link

Old Posted Sep 30, 2017, 6:09 PM

I realize that I'm responding to posts that are two years old, but this thread has been brought back from the dead so why not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rousseau View Post
I just noticed that all four domestic pickup makers are represented: Ford, Chevy, Dodge and GMC.

Do I win a prize?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool maudit View Post
* they feel canada totally counts as 'america'. i think isaidso noted this once, as i believe he is from england as well.
It occurs to me that when we do things like referring to American vehicles as "domestic", I can't really say I blame them.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2017, 12:23 AM
I am a typical

My truck was made in Minnesota and that's kind of like Canada.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2017, 2:13 AM
The Vomit Bag.

How fucking stupid can you be, getting your fucking eyeball tattooed? I barely understand why people feel the need to get those (stupid) full sleeve tattoos (not to mention the dbag chinese icons on the calf muscles), let alone injecting ink into your goddamned eyeball.

As for the original premise of the thread, not all pickup truck drivers are assholes, but surely all assholes drive pickup trucks*. Everyday I am reminded of this axiomatic fact.

*exception being Audi owners. They are not called Aussholes for nothing.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2017, 2:17 AM
The Vomit Bag.

Rockin' in the back of the truck. Sad. People actually like listening to this awful crap?
Video Link

Old Posted Oct 1, 2017, 3:14 AM
arf

This thread is distasteful to how great Letterman was.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Oct 3, 2017, 4:32 PM
The Vomit Bag.

move over, Shakespeare.
Quote:
I got that real good feel good stuff
Up under the seat of my big black jacked up truck
Rollin' on 35s
Pretty girl by my side
You got that sun tan skirt and boots
Waiting on you to look my way and scoot
Your little hot self over here
Girl hand me another beer, yeah!