HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted Apr 23, 2006, 11:39 PM
Here we stAy

Yup, still a big lake (last week, anyway).

Old Posted Apr 25, 2006, 3:38 AM

we just put our deposit down this afternoon

Old Posted Apr 25, 2006, 3:44 AM
Finger Lickin' Good.

Great news

Old Posted Apr 25, 2006, 3:48 AM

Congrats!

Old Posted Apr 25, 2006, 5:03 AM

Brandon, we want to know what they told you for a construction timeline. When will they start?
Travelled to 19 Countries on Six Continents

Old Posted Apr 25, 2006, 5:04 AM

Oh, and Congrats on the big layout of funds :-)
Travelled to 19 Countries on Six Continents

Old Posted Apr 25, 2006, 5:13 AM
Kodachrome

Sweet Brandon

Old Posted Apr 25, 2006, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuy
Brandon, we want to know what they told you for a construction timeline. When will they start?
they told me they would re-start work at the site in late May or by the first of June. According to my contract, their best guess for completion is October 2008.

There are several timelines set up in the contract to protect me, the buyer.
There's a certain date that the seller has to get financing by or the contract is void.

Also, the seller has 2 years from the effective date to "top out" and another year after that to finish the "curtain wall". Those are just standard safeguards in place to protect the buyer against a stalled construction project.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2006, 4:44 PM

Congrats brandon! My signing is scheduled for end of may. I'm going to stop by the sales office this week to see what other units are available & at what price. I like my unit but the only thing that bugs me about the new layout is the 2nd bedroom is abnormally larger than the ensuite & has more windows. I might be nitpicking a little but I just want to see what my options are. Also, they moved me up 2 floors from the 18th to the 20th. I think they did that with most units in the 2nd tower because the units will start on the 13th floor rather than the 11th like it was originally planned. 20th sounds a lot nicer than 18th - the higher the better!

Old Posted Apr 25, 2006, 6:51 PM
Construction Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon12
Also, the seller has 2 years from the effective date to "top out" and another year after that to finish the "curtain wall". Those are just standard safeguards in place to protect the buyer against a stalled construction project.
Brandon12 - When does the two years start? The day you signed the contract? The day they start driving piles? Some other date? Is their also a date when they have to completely turn over your unit to you as complete? Just curious what the other dates are they are committing to.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2006, 8:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Construction Guy
Brandon12 - When does the two years start? The day you signed the contract? The day they start driving piles? Some other date? Is their also a date when they have to completely turn over your unit to you as complete? Just curious what the other dates are they are committing to.
It's two years from the effective date of the contract. I signed the contract, now Saca has to sign. Once he signs (I was told that would be very soon- within a week), the contract becomes "effective". At that point, they have two years from the effective date to top out, but for every day they can't work due to weather, another day is added at the back end. So in reality, they have much more than two years to top out. It's probably more like 2 1/2 years assuming normal weather!
But remember, these dates aren't "expected" dates, they're drop dead dates where the contract becomes void afterwards. they're expecting construction to take 30 months.

There is no deadline to deliver the unit to me.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2006, 10:05 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:

Congratualtions Brandon...

Old Posted Apr 25, 2006, 11:47 PM
Mental Midget

Quote:

Awesome !! I think we should each go out and buy a bottle of Red Wine this week so that when the SSP people that are buying condos host an open house in 2 - 3 years, it will have aged nicely.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2006, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POGO
Awesome !! I think we should each go out and buy a bottle of Red Wine this week so that when the SSP people that are buying condos host an open house in 2 - 3 years, it will have aged nicely.
I like your style.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2006, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POGO
I'll drink to that!

Old Posted Apr 26, 2006, 2:04 AM
CHACUN SON GOÛT

Congratulations condo owners!

I would buy one in a heartbeat if I could afford it!

I think you guys are making a good investment. There will always be a demand for that type of housing in Northern Cal. My prediction is supply will be limited for that type of housing despite all the proposals and your units will appreciate handsomely.

If I'm correct, between Aura and SacTowers that puts about 2,120 (2 people per unit) more residents downtown,

Old Posted Apr 26, 2006, 5:50 AM

Congratulations Brandon (and Los Lobo and anyone else that has bought a unit in Towers or Aura during the last few weeks)!

I went by Towers last week to see what else was available since we weren't happy with the unit we'd put a deposit on. Unfortunately, the prices on the units we liked were way high so we decided to pass.

Same with Aura. We loved the 2 bedroom unit on the northeast corner (Plan D) but they didn't have any left in our price range during the big sales weekend.

I'm still amazed at the prices for both these projects but I think it's great that they've shown that a market for downtown living does exist in the region!

We're going to hold out to see what happens with some of the next round of projects in the pipeline. I'm partial to the L Street Lofts because I think the location is great and hopefully the prices will be more in line with what we can afford. Won't have a great view, however, but as the song says, you can't always get what you want...

Old Posted Apr 26, 2006, 8:29 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanist
I'm still amazed at the prices for both these projects but I think it's great that they've shown that a market for downtown living does exist in the region!

It will be interesting to see what the effect of $3 to $4 (and some predictions of $5) a gallon gasoline means for our cities in America; especially here in Sacramento. I have always believed that our poor planned and congested freeway system of long commutes (locally) would eventually lead to people wanting to live downtown (even at higher prices) in droves. I think it's logical to conclude that many people will trade in that sprawling house in Granite Bay, Eldorado HIlls and Folsom, in order to be closer to the regions work center, (or the train station for those super commuting to the bay).

I know I'm in the extreme minority here, when I say that I don't mind paying higher prices for gas. It might mean that we learn to plan our cities better, where the main focus is on pedestrian friendly communities and transit instead of the automobile.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2006, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban_encounter
I know I'm in the extreme minority here, when I say that I don't mind paying higher prices for gas. It might mean that we learn to plan our cities better, where the main focus is on pedestrian friendly communities and transit instead of the automobile.
I actually agree as well. It's sad we don't have more effective mass-transit options for the majority of people but maybe these gas prices will lead us to start actually supporting more light-rail and similar forms of transit. Or not, who knows?

Old Posted Apr 26, 2006, 10:56 PM
Finger Lickin' Good.

^^Yeah, purblic transportation in America is pitiful when you look at countries in Europe.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area