HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Sep 25, 2011, 1:16 AM
Celebrating 50 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post
I think it's less anger directly towards Winnipeg and more bitterness/jealousy that Winnipeg was first. I've definitely picked up on this vibe, but never really seen anyone from QC attacking Winnipeg or Winnipeggers.
I don't see how anyone in Quebec can look at Winnipeg getting its team back without being impressed at the logistics involved in the feat like everyone else. Most people (mainly Toronto) thought Canada was never going to get another team, let alone Winnipeg.

If anything, this should bolster them. Now theres a roadmap to follow. Really, I believed Winnipeg would return one day, and I believe Quebec City will return one day too.

Hamilton is forever S-O-L though.. heh.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2011, 4:47 AM
Fossil fuel & rubber

Just returned from the Paul Rogers show at the MTS Centre, we got to watch from a suite - very nice! Sure would be an awesome place to watch a hockey game.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2011, 2:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
Just returned from the Paul Rogers show at the MTS Centre, we got to watch from a suite - very nice! Sure would be an awesome place to watch a hockey game.
I watched Tuesday's game from a suite, it was great. Was so loud in there for the game.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2011, 6:08 PM
BANNED

Took this from the Freep comments section on yesterdays game regarding the crowded common areas in the MTS Centre:

"very crowded between periods - huge lineups to washrooms - bad - not classy - maybe they can build some more a special mezannine over hargrave or donald"

I have thought about this option as well.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2011, 2:31 AM
Starring as himself

I've wondered whether some of the Somerset Building could be used for concessions, washrooms and/or offices, with a skywalk across Donald.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2011, 5:41 PM

My office finally received our season tickets this morning. They came in a pretty nice dark blue box with the logo on top and a few other things inside. A little over the top but sure generated excitement with the staff.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2011, 8:54 PM
BANNED

my National Hockey League season’s tickets for the Winnipeg Jets did not arrive in an envelope...they arrived in a beautiful blue box..........drool if you please.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2011, 9:45 PM

Haven't got mine yet - unless they're sitting at Canada Post? I've got a parcel that came from Calgary - does that sound right??

Old Posted Oct 5, 2011, 11:13 PM

Old Posted Oct 6, 2011, 12:58 AM
Home of Hyperchange

So jealous. My flames tickets come in a similar package but without the nice box. Plus, ours were printed too early so we don't even have the Jets logo on them for the March 9 game.

Still praying for a miracle that jerseys might be for sale before I head down to Phoenix.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2011, 1:06 AM
Closed account

Quote:
Still praying for a miracle that jerseys might be for sale before I head down to Phoenix.
See you there

Old Posted Oct 6, 2011, 2:20 AM

Wow...beautiful box...

Old Posted Oct 7, 2011, 4:31 AM
Home of Hyperchange

Well I can kiss the idea of a new Jets jersey before the Phoenix game goodbye. Local store here (Calgary) has been told they're delayed until early November at least. I imagine Winnipeg will see some sooner - especially the Jets Gear store - but I bet it's at least 2 weeks away minimum.

Apparently it's partly due to demand: the initial jersey order (by the NHL? TNSE? RBK? Some distributor? I'm not entirely sure how this works) was put in for 25,000 jerseys, and then they asked all the retailers in Canada how many they each wanted. The order was quickly doubled to 50,000, then again to 100,000. Absolutely insane demand. Just about everywhere around here is doing pre-ordering for their entire stock and don't expect to actually have any on racks for potentially MONTHS.

Ah well, t-shirts will have to do for now.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2011, 5:07 AM

Reebok must be making LOADS of dough from the Jets!

Old Posted Oct 7, 2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Well I can kiss the idea of a new Jets jersey before the Phoenix game goodbye. Local store here (Calgary) has been told they're delayed until early November at least. I imagine Winnipeg will see some sooner - especially the Jets Gear store - but I bet it's at least 2 weeks away minimum.Apparently it's partly due to demand: the initial jersey order (by the NHL? TNSE? RBK? Some distributor? I'm not entirely sure how this works) was put in for 25,000 jerseys, and then they asked all the retailers in Canada how many they each wanted. The order was quickly doubled to 50,000, then again to 100,000. Absolutely insane demand. Just about everywhere around here is doing pre-ordering for their entire stock and don't expect to actually have any on racks for potentially MONTHS.

Available here since Tuesday at Jets Gear store.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2011, 1:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYSTHELIMIT View Post
Only the $300 ones though.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2011, 3:32 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYSTHELIMIT View Post
Wow, really? Like actually in store, on the rack, you can pick one up and go?

Damn. Lucky bastards!

Old Posted Oct 7, 2011, 4:10 PM

Quote:

Damn. Lucky bastards!
Yep, they are hanging from the ceiling and there's someone walking around with a pole to bring them down for you to purchase (the place was packed yesterday at lunch).

I'm going to find it hard to not slip in there at lunch today, and even harder to keep my visa in my wallet. Especially knowing that my 15% season ticket holder discount is in there too.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2011, 5:10 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

Quote:

Damn. Lucky bastards!
I'm sure someone will courier one to you if you really want one.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2011, 6:02 PM

Quote:
Well I can kiss the idea of a new Jets jersey before the Phoenix game goodbye. Local store here (Calgary) has been told they're delayed until early November at least. I imagine Winnipeg will see some sooner - especially the Jets Gear store - but I bet it's at least 2 weeks away minimum.

Apparently it's partly due to demand: the initial jersey order (by the NHL? TNSE? RBK? Some distributor? I'm not entirely sure how this works) was put in for 25,000 jerseys, and then they asked all the retailers in Canada how many they each wanted. The order was quickly doubled to 50,000, then again to 100,000. Absolutely insane demand. Just about everywhere around here is doing pre-ordering for their entire stock and don't expect to actually have any on racks for potentially MONTHS.

Yeah that's handled by Reebok. Demand --> Retailers --> Reebok; Reebok --> Retailers, is the basic formula.

They have x amount of Jerseys being made at their factories, and priority goes to Winnipeg and surrounding area markets first (and what ever markets TSN Jets covers); so if the demand is bigger than expected in Winnipeg and TSN Jets market areas, then whatever was allocated for other markets like Calgary will be re-distributed here; thus, in this scenario, delaying Calgary to wait for the next round of factory fresh jerseys. This all still depends on demand and the area, so if Winnipeg sells out of the second stock, then yet again jerseys will be allocated to Winnipeg over Calgary. Its just because this is almost like a "new product launch", primarily for the Winnipeg market, so the highest ratio of sales during the initial period will be made in this market; it gets priority as a result especially during the new launch period. I think I made that more confusing than it should be, and there are tons of other factors involved but thats the basic gist.

And wow, just how many former Winnipegger's live in Calgary?

Maybe Jets games there will be like when the Riders show up at McMahon and half the stadium are ex-Sask'ers reppin' Riverville

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan