HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Mar 14, 2023, 2:55 AM
somewhere in-between

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
Sorry to re-quote but I never realized we had any American posters who followed this thread. Welcome!
Thanks for the welcome! This is definitely one of the most entertaining threads, forum-wide. I've followed it for years. Hopefully growing up about 30 minutes from the border qualifies me as an "associate" member. We grew up watching CBC programming and there were some kids in my high school class that commuted all the way from Windsor.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2023, 3:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architype View Post
Oh thanks, it is apparently real then. I thought it wasn't because Google aerial imagery, dated 2023,
That's just a lie. The view in my hometown is from 2021 (a building I razed in 2022 is still there, and a vehicle I parked in one of my parking lots in late 2021 and which hasn't budged since then is not there yet; and it's summer in the view). And it says, of course, "2023".

I guess they can say that their 2021 image is "copyrighted 2023", but that's really borderline dishonest. As an user, I greatly prefer to know the truth about the age of the image, than to "learn" which year we're in right now. (Google always dates its images to the current year, whatever year they're from.)

Old Posted Mar 14, 2023, 4:29 AM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by deja vu View Post
Thanks for the welcome! This is definitely one of the most entertaining threads, forum-wide. I've followed it for years. Hopefully growing up about 30 minutes from the border qualifies me as an "associate" member. We grew up watching CBC programming and there were some kids in my high school class that commuted all the way from Windsor.
No need to qualify as an associate member at all. You’ve survived the sight of Clockzilla so welcome to the club! You probably know more about Canada’s ugly nooks and crannies than most Canadians now.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2023, 5:04 AM
Fake News

I feel like this ad with Mac Tonight could be set inside Clockzilla. Molson, did Bolanis own a McDonald’s in Laval?

Video Link

Old Posted Mar 14, 2023, 1:00 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
I feel like this ad with Mac Tonight could be set inside Clockzilla. Molson, did Bolanis own a McDonald’s in Laval?

Video Link
Nope but his former henchman (Randy Pryde) did. They worked together for years. Baldanus was his boss for years, and then, Randy became what they call a "consultant" (i.e., district manager, who inspected the stores annually, each for one week at a time; Baldanus did this too before being awarded a franchise), and so there was some "payback". Later, Randy was granted a franchise of his own. Randy is something like 6 feet, 6 inches tall.

Quote:
In 1976, George was manager at the franchise on St. John’s Road and the big-boned Randy, who had formerly worked as a student on construction projects, was his assistant. George can’t resist razzing him, recalling that his training regimen for Randy at that time required the young man to babysit George’s 1-year-old son.

Randy Pryde

Restaurant locations: Labelle, Ste. Dorothée

Just for old times' sake:

Old Posted Mar 14, 2023, 5:31 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
Nope but his former henchman (Randy Pryde) did. They worked together for years. Baldanus was his boss for years, and then, Randy became what they call a "consultant" (i.e., district manager, who inspected the stores annually, each for one week at a time; Baldanus did this too before being awarded a franchise), and so there was some "payback". Later, Randy was granted a franchise of his own. Randy is something like 6 feet, 6 inches tall.

Randy Pryde

Restaurant locations: Labelle, Ste. Dorothée

Just for old times' sake:
What's with all of the anglos owning MacDo's in Quebec? Has Legault expropriated them yet?

Old Posted Mar 14, 2023, 9:02 PM

Yikes, that Pryde bro rivals Bolanis in douchetastic cornpone ham-and-egger crack-the-whip-franchisee looks. It's as if they come out of a corporate mold.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2023, 9:03 PM
The Vomit Bag.

^absolutely. they are cut from the same cloth. Crack the whip and scream all the time.

As memorably reported somewhere earlier in the thread, George once screamed "Get the cripple out of drive-thru!!" when the drive thru got backed up (the person in the wicket had muscular dystrophy or something akin). Georgie got in a bit of trouble with HQ for that one.

Man, I could tell a lot of stories about the stuff that went on during my time at Rotten Ronnie's.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2023, 9:04 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
What's with all of the anglos owning MacDo's in Quebec? Has Legault expropriated them yet?
^'enemies of Quebec' for sure.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2023, 9:32 PM

Let’s make sure we get the actual quote right: wasn’t it “get the fucking cripple out …”?

Old Posted Mar 14, 2023, 9:33 PM

Enemies of Quebec’s arteries (and waistline).

Old Posted Mar 14, 2023, 10:03 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
^'enemies of Quebec' for sure.
At least they could feel permitted to give Legault the finger:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...udge-1.6772056

On a more serious note they seem like enemies of human decency.

Edit: And also as lio said "Enemies of Quebec's arteries". Though Scores and poutine already have that covered.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2023, 10:05 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gresto View Post
Yikes, that Pryde bro rivals Bolanis in douchetastic cornpone ham-and-egger crack-the-whip-franchisee looks. It's as if they come out of a corporate mold.
At the risk of incurring Asseau's wrath I thought the same thing. He looks like an Uruk Hai without makeup who had a haircut. His towering stature would add to this effect I'm sure.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2023, 12:40 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
Let’s make sure we get the actual quote right: wasn’t it “get the fucking cripple out …”?
yes, forgot the expletive.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2023, 12:45 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
At the risk of incurring Asseau's wrath I thought the same thing. He looks like an Uruk Hai without makeup who had a haircut. His towering stature would add to this effect I'm sure.

https://cdn3.whatculture.com/images/...5-1200x675.jpg

Old Posted Mar 15, 2023, 4:39 PM
Fake News

Was this that time he babysat Bolanis'anuses' son?

https://www.giantbomb.com/a/uploads/.../1548061-1.jpg

Old Posted Mar 15, 2023, 5:01 PM
Fake News

George seems like the inspiration for Mr. Krabs from Spongebob. That show has some hilarious commentary on capitalism.

Last edited by O-tacular; Mar 15, 2023 at 5:46 PM.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2023, 5:01 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Was this that time he babysat Bolanis'anuses' son?

https://www.giantbomb.com/a/uploads/.../1548061-1.jpg
Indeed.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2023, 5:44 PM

That is a forced smile if I have ever seen one.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2023, 5:53 PM
Midtowner since 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gresto View Post
That is a forced smile if I have ever seen one.
You're telling me. Good grief that's creepy.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada