HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe

Old Posted Aug 13, 2013, 10:06 AM

Public transport in London?

Hello everyone,

I was wondering what your view on public transport in London is? I have to say, I love London, but I am starting to get annoyed by all the disruptions, the lack of capacity and the bad air in the tube that makes it really hard for an asthmatic to commute that way. As it is right now, I'd rather go by car but that isn't really an option in the centre of London, either. When I receive clients here on behalf of my company I always make sure that they are being picked up at the airport by a service like this one - I really don't want them taking the tube or one of the old taxis that drive around here.

What is your view on the problem - what can be done to improve the public transport in London? Do you even see a problem as big as I do?

I'm looking forward to hearing your answers.

Regards,
Pete

Old Posted Dec 11, 2013, 3:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete70 View Post
Hello everyone,

I was wondering what your view on public transport in London is? I have to say, I love London, but I am starting to get annoyed by all the disruptions, the lack of capacity and the bad air in the tube that makes it really hard for an asthmatic to commute that way. As it is right now, I'd rather go by car but that isn't really an option in the centre of London, either. When I receive clients here on behalf of my company I always make sure that they are being picked up at the airport by a service like this one - I really don't want them taking the tube or one of the old taxis that drive around here.

What is your view on the problem - what can be done to improve the public transport in London? Do you even see a problem as big as I do?

I'm looking forward to hearing your answers.

Regards,
Pete
London has a vast regional rail network as well as the Tube and this is reflected in the number of rail stations in London. Indeed people who live in parts of London often prefer to use the rail system and the rail system is improving rapidly with schemes such as London Overground, Thameslink and Crossrail.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe