HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Old Posted Aug 27, 2010, 11:28 AM

Floorplans?

By some weird fluke, my small home town in Sweden has every single floor plan of the city's buildings scanned in and searchable in a digital archive(some 40000 plans!). I'm sure I'm not the only one who like ogling over floorplans, so I'm wondering if anyone knows of any other open archives with plans? I've searched for something like it from time to time, but I've never found anything. The closest thing I've seen are companies that sell single house plans, but I'm much more interested in large buildings with a lot of complexity.

Anyway, does anyone know what I mean/of any good websites for looking at floor plans?

Old Posted Aug 27, 2010, 3:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggkruka View Post
By some weird fluke, my small home town in Sweden has every single floor plan of the city's buildings scanned in and searchable in a digital archive(some 40000 plans!). I'm sure I'm not the only one who like ogling over floorplans, so I'm wondering if anyone knows of any other open archives with plans? I've searched for something like it from time to time, but I've never found anything. The closest thing I've seen are companies that sell single house plans, but I'm much more interested in large buildings with a lot of complexity.

Anyway, does anyone know what I mean/of any good websites for looking at floor plans?
if your ever in NY you could check the archives of both the New York Public library on fifth avenue and 42nd st or the Avery Collection at Columbia university on 120th st.

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

Old Posted Aug 27, 2010, 3:07 PM
Resident Jackass

While not actual floor plans per se, you can often see layouts of buildings on the websites of real estate companies in charge of their leasing space.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture