HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West

Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 1:18 AM

Condo sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by drisee View Post

if you want to talk facts, answer this for us. how many units are still up for original sale + units that are being resold in your beautiful aqua building?
Wow. I missed all this heated fun. I was too lazy to hook up the DSL link in my new place and lately, I am too busy at work. I think I can pitch in to answer the question about the sales of Aqua (not that it really matters). I've been monitoring it closely to evaluate the status of the market.

According to the LA county assessor record, between the two towers, I counted that there are still around 45 original units to be sold by the Aqua developer. According to redfin web page, there are around 26 units that are on the market for resale. So there are a total of around 71 units. A couple of resale units are listed as foreclosures carrying a substantial amount of losses. I guess this reflects the state of the overall real estate market. Condos and single family homes alike in most all areas are not selling. Some statistics has reported a decrease of medium home price of up to 15% or more. Las Vegas, San Diego, Orange County and Miami got hit the hardest. A recent study has shown prices of Vegas have rolled back to 2003. Another study showed steep losses of up to 30% on foreclosed homes in Orange Country; expensive areas such as Laguna Beach, Newport Beach and Huntington Beach are affected as much as the lower income areas such as Santa Ana or Anaheim.

With the overall economy of the entire country looking grim, many future projects are being put on hold. A lot of homeowners including those in our communities will be losing their homes. During this time of turmoil, a more uplifting attitude and a unified front will be helpful to support the community through a very difficult period ahead.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 7:26 AM

On 4th... another building from developer of West Ocean

www.condosforsalelongbeach.com

Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 7:38 AM

I also saw the bulldozers at the Avia site on my way to the 24 hour fitness today......I was jumping on here to let everyone know about it but LA Metroguy beat me to it!! I happen to like this hotel, I think it's attractive looking and goes against the current look of the pike from what I saw on the renders!! when I went to the site, the way they plan on doing the lobby and the pool deck were nice in my opinion. Also I don't know if anybody is interested but the 4th and gateway project is being called blu.....and if you go to www.intracorpcompanies.com you can see the floor plans and the finished look of the property which happens to look a little different from the render on the first page of this thread!

Old Posted Dec 6, 2007, 6:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
[COLOR=black]According to the LA county assessor record, between the two towers, I counted that there are still around 45 original units to be sold by the Aqua developer.
Between the two towers, there are 556 units and for 511 to have been sold is quite an achievement especially given the housing crisis and credit crunch. Bravo Aqua!!!

Old Posted Dec 7, 2007, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMetroGuy View Post
Between the two towers, there are 556 units and for 511 to have been sold is quite an achievement especially given the housing crisis and credit crunch. Bravo Aqua!!!
lametroguy...you make it too easy to point out your flaws.

so ruby is nice enough to answer the question that i asked you many posts ago about your beautiful aqua building. she gives an accurate answer supported by facts that describes how many original and resale units are up for sale. you remember what your answer was? i do. here it is "The units that are for sale are current owners selling their own units. As a result, there will always be units for sale at Aqua."

as you can see that was bull shit. there are plenty of original units left for sale hence all the banners you see hanging off the bldg. so why lie about it and then when ruby points out the truth, all you have to say is that it's quite an achievement to sell as many as they have.

good job metroguy...spin your way out of that one. hurray aqua! thanks for putting us on the international radar for crappy architecture!!

Old Posted Dec 7, 2007, 1:36 AM

Quote:
lametroguy...you make it too easy to point out your flaws.

so ruby is nice enough to answer the question that i asked you many posts ago about your beautiful aqua building. she gives an accurate answer supported by facts that describes how many original and resale units are up for sale. you remember what your answer was? i do. here it is "The units that are for sale are current owners selling their own units. As a result, there will always be units for sale at Aqua."

as you can see that was bull shit. there are plenty of original units left for sale hence all the banners you see hanging off the bldg. so why lie about it and then when ruby points out the truth, all you have to say is that it's quite an achievement to sell as many as they have.

good job metroguy...spin your way out of that one. hurray aqua! thanks for putting us on the international radar for crappy architecture!!

Regarding my comments over Aqua sales, they were in response to the criticism that nobody is buying these condos, I think that selling 92% of the units is far from "nobody". Get a clue.

The only reason for your post was to cause drama, please leave!!!

Last edited by LAMetroGuy; Dec 7, 2007 at 1:53 AM.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2007, 2:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMetroGuy View Post
Regarding my comments over Aqua sales, they were in response to the criticism that nobody is buying these condos, I think that selling 92% of the units is far from "nobody". Get a clue.

The only reason for your post was to cause drama, please leave!!!
The least you could do is admit when you're wrong. Don't let your pride mess with ya. You misrepresented your building and said there were no more original units up for sale, only resales. And that just wasn't the truth.

I'm glad that 92% of the units sold but that wasn't the point we talked about.

whatever, justify it however you like, but don't cruise around here acting like a moral example anymore. the proof is in the pudding.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2007, 8:35 PM

Promenade Presentation Meeting

for those interested in received this email from the north pine neighborhood alliance that i'm a member of. i think all of us on here would be interested in seeing what the plans for this are...i know i am.

North Pine Neighborhood Alliance

NEXT MEETING- MONDAY, DECEMBER 10th

Dear Neighbors: Our next meeting for the NPNA is NEXT Monday, December 10th @ 7:00 pm @ George's Greek Deli on Pine. Food will be provided by George's so don't miss out.

Our guest will be Craig Beck, the Director of Planning & Building and the Redevelopment Agency. He and his staff will be presenting the development master plan for the new PROMENADE . He will be discussing the new residential developments, hotel and art planned for the site.

Don't miss out....it's going to be an interesting and exciting presentation.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2007, 1:13 AM

Quote:
for those interested in received this email from the north pine neighborhood alliance that i'm a member of. i think all of us on here would be interested in seeing what the plans for this are...i know i am.

North Pine Neighborhood Alliance

NEXT MEETING- MONDAY, DECEMBER 10th

Dear Neighbors: Our next meeting for the NPNA is NEXT Monday, December 10th @ 7:00 pm @ George's Greek Deli on Pine. Food will be provided by George's so don't miss out.

Our guest will be Craig Beck, the Director of Planning & Building and the Redevelopment Agency. He and his staff will be presenting the development master plan for the new PROMENADE . He will be discussing the new residential developments, hotel and art planned for the site.

Don't miss out....it's going to be an interesting and exciting presentation.
Sorry, what is the address of George's Greek Deli? Is it the Greek restaurant that is on Pine and 4th?

Old Posted Dec 8, 2007, 7:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by regboi21 View Post
Does any one here have any updates on the east village arts exchange project the project site im typing about has the acres of books building the former terry's camera building that was demolished a while ago and parking lots which is next to the Bank of America building on long beach blvd.

I don't know, but hope they redo that area ASAP. I think acres of books needs to go, they were cool like 20 years ago.

And i found a cool website that you review different businesses, and people actually reviewed ghetto vons.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/BSYKbWOr7TLG...PPMgcqBV3UqSaQ

Old Posted Dec 9, 2007, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yibs View Post
And i found a cool website that you review different businesses, and people actually reviewed ghetto vons.

In this case I don't think its a Long Beach thing, have you seen the Vons in downtown Manhattan Beach? Its looks so out of place with all of the swanky shops and restaurants, and yet they haven't done anything to up grade it.

We all know Manhattan Beach is an upscale area, so don't feel too left out. Vons is just being cheap, and its gotten worse since Albersons opened up and probably took away a lot of their business.

I used to shop there before Albertsons (technically I'm a Trader Joes customer) for quick items. Remember the Vons on 10th & Long Beach, now that was awful. Granted its now a Superior Grocery, I have to give them credit that they came in and fixed it up to where it certainly isn't the eye sore Vons had allow it to be.

The Vons on Broadway you're speaking of had almost become as bad as the one they once had on Long Beach Blvd.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2007, 2:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
Sorry, what is the address of George's Greek Deli? Is it the Greek restaurant that is on Pine and 4th?
yup. that's the one.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2007, 8:02 PM

Manhattan Beach is not a ghetto, although it was, just like every area in the south bay at one time. Trying to compare LB to MB is somewhat funny. They have lots of cool places with a beautiful beach. So what if they have a ghetto market. We have multiple ghetto markets, but have no beautiful beach or that many cool shops, except for belmont shore. I told you before that people can get over bad aspects of a city when that city has other things to make up for it. Sadly long beach allowed a port that does no good for us who live here, but has hurt us in so many ways from no waves, no clean water, no clean air. You can find faults in every city if you look close enough, but i don't have to look far for it in long beach.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2007, 8:40 PM

Quote:
Manhattan Beach is not a ghetto, although it was, just like every area in the south bay at one time. Trying to compare LB to MB is somewhat funny. They have lots of cool places with a beautiful beach. So what if they have a ghetto market. We have multiple ghetto markets, but have no beautiful beach or that many cool shops, except for belmont shore. I told you before that people can get over bad aspects of a city when that city has other things to make up for it. Sadly long beach allowed a port that does no good for us who live here, but has hurt us in so many ways from no waves, no clean water, no clean air. You can find faults in every city if you look close enough, but i don't have to look far for it in long beach.

Never did I say Manhattan Beach was a ghetto. I think Vons was what we are discussing. I pointed out the Vons in that city's downtown because its rather sad and reminded me of the condition or our. Plus the fact M.B. is a upscale area is even worse.

My point was if Vons won't fix the one in M.B which is rather wealthy, why would they do anything to improve the one on Broadway? Its not the worst of neighborhoods, but its also not a M.B. either. Its also obvious its not a big money maker, and even more so now when Albertsons opened a few years ago. It was old before Albertsons opened, but now that they lost some of their customers, its like they just don't care as much how the store looks.

I think its probably the same case with the one in M.B. There are much nicer supermarkets close by, such as Whole Foods, and Ralphs (Fresh). I drive by that one all the time since I work in the area, and I can't recall it ever being real busy. Truefully I just wish they closed both of them down if they have no interest in upgrading them.

Last edited by ChrisLA; Dec 10, 2007 at 9:10 PM.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2007, 9:05 PM

Quote:
Manhattan Beach is not a ghetto, although it was, just like every area in the south bay at one time.
Really?? I can't imagine Manhattan Beach ever having gone through a "ghetto" phase.

Now OTHER parts of the South Bay, sure; and of course there are parts of the South Bay TODAY that aren't so picturesque, to put it politely. Coincidentally, over the weekend I drove through parts of Torrance, and looking around, I thought it may as well have been Phoenix, though I get that feeling when I drive through North Hollywood too.

~ Charles Bukowski

Old Posted Dec 10, 2007, 11:48 PM

Seem's like there is a ghetto Von's everywhere.

I used to live in Santa Monica/Brentwood and there is a ghetto Von's off Wilshire or Santa Monica Blvd (can't remember exactly) that is only a few blocks from a super nice Whole Foods and Upscale Ralph's.

I guess I could careless about places like this as long as long as there are alternatives nearby. I guess the problem with DTLB is that there are few to zero alternatives.

I'd like to take a poll, regarding original signage on historical buildings... do you all prefer that they repaint the original signage or get rid of the existing faded signage or leave it as is?

Old Posted Dec 11, 2007, 1:37 AM
SC made me a hippie

In Santa Cruz, CA (nice middle/upper class city) we have 3 Safeway stores (same co. as Vons) and they are all ghetto looking. I think it is the company that simply does not care about their exterior/interior look of any of their stores... It took them 40 years to upgrade one of the stores in Santa Cruz and it is still ghetto looking...

Old Posted Dec 11, 2007, 2:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaCruzGuy View Post
In Santa Cruz, CA (nice middle/upper class city) we have 3 Safeway stores (same co. as Vons) and they are all ghetto looking. I think it is the company that simply does not care about their exterior/interior look of any of their stores... It took them 40 years to upgrade one of the stores in Santa Cruz and it is still ghetto looking...

It's more the people who mingle around the store that make it ghetto, but i goto bristol farms and trader joe's. I can deal with it if i have a reason to be somewhere. Like Bouchees Bistro in downtown. I like that place a lot, even though i get asked for money by a homeless person every time or have some nut from the mental health ward across the street yell at me, but i deal with it, and politely say no or run away in the case of the nuts. lol They need more nice eating places that are not wack chains in downtown. that would give people a reason to come downtown, and some nice live music venues. I like the vault 350, but i haven't seen a listing for any good shows in the past year or so. And ghetto looking stores in middle/upper class areas are just funny. ghetto looking stores in lower/middle class areas are well, ghetto. They have a shitty looking Ralph's in Calabasas, but that is a higher class area near Hidden Hills and Agoura Hills. And you don't see any junkies or thugs in that one, but you wouldn't expect to in that area.

Last edited by yibs; Dec 11, 2007 at 2:29 AM.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2007, 3:01 AM

And please come out and volunteer whenever possible. Every person helps.

http://lbsurfrider.org/index.php?opt...d=27&Itemid=41

Old Posted Dec 11, 2007, 5:34 PM

just to chime in on this. I can't remember who said it but they said it a few times and i totally agree. one of the issues with downtown long beach is that you have nothing to overshadow the bad elements. by bad elements i don't just mean ghetto people, i mean lack of beautiful streets, no retail, not a lot of good foot traffic, etc, etc. So all you focus on are the problems.

If i'm living in another city that has a lot going for it, who cares if we have a ghetto vons. it never becomes my focus because too much other good stuff is around to draw my positive attention.

as for the vons in long beach, i don't shop there so i can't really comment on the look inside. i can imagine that if somebody cared about it, perhaps another owner, it could look pretty cool. i like it's old school 50s/60s look. perhaps the people that live around there can continue to not shop there and tell their neighbors to do the same. it's a long shot but that's a sure fire way to drive them out, really hurt their bottom line. i know that's tough for long beach because we have a portion of the local market that doesn't really seem to care that it's ghetto, probably because they're ghetto themselves, but unlike walmart, i don't think that would be enough to sustain this grocery store.

i could be wrong, but it's an idea. i mostly drive out of downtown to hit Trader Joes for our groceries, but i also shop at Albertsons a lot for smaller things and it seems to be coming around. more non-ghetto people shop there then a few years back.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West