HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Feb 9, 2011, 3:55 AM
User Registered

Best Internet Provider in London?

Hey guys, I'm getting fed up with my Internet.

My provider is Rogers. I feel as if I'm not getting what I am paying for. My download is ok, but my upload is crap and they put a cap which I usually exceed even if I try not to.

Just wondering what the best providers for the city are.

What do you use?

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted Feb 9, 2011, 1:31 PM

I have Rogers and feel the same way, especially with them upping the rates and charging a $3.00 modem rental fee it's getting out of hand.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2011, 1:23 PM
The Vomit Bag.

None. The evil troika of Rogers/Bell/Telus equally suck.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2011, 3:13 PM
bro

Smile

I'm planning to switch over to Teksavvy in the next month or so. My friend currently has it and I've heard nothing but good things. He lives in Fergus right now, but I'm pretty certain Teksavvy's available in London as well.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2011, 8:04 PM
Sanity merchant

They are, well worth it for the cable!

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 2:59 AM
Torontonian Refugee

Teksavvy DSL is available in London, I'm using it right now. Cable may also be available but I don't know.

My take on the DSL? The bandwidth cap is really good for Ontario (300 GB), which you'll like if you're a heavy user like myself. After using GoogleDNS, my ping went down to 17ms, which is good for online gaming. Customer service is quick, reliable and reasonable. The problem with Teksavvy is the speed; I know Bell is probably throttling them, but I'm paying for "up to 5 Mbps" and I have personally never managed to get anything faster than 2.5 Mbps. So if you want a company that will provide you with minimal service headaches, lots of download room, decent ping and mediocre speeds, Teksavvy would be the one.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2011, 4:20 AM
Sanity merchant

Wharn = up to is the same for bell, meaning you would get that with them as well. I've been with TSI for years, initally with DSL and now with Cable in London, and bar none, they are the best ISP out there.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/teksavvy

check em' out. If anyone signs up, can I use you as a sign up? save a buck a month that way

Old Posted Jun 24, 2018, 4:13 PM

I am satisfied with the service of Teksavvy. I heared a lot about this internet provider but all is good so far.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation