Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Sep 1, 2016, 3:33 PM

August Stats For Toronto (Pearson):

Days Over 20C: 31
Days Over 25C: 30
Days Over 30C: 12

Days Over 29C: 20

AVERAGE HIGH: 29.9C
MEAN TEMP: 24.3C (hottest August on record)

Old Posted Sep 1, 2016, 4:57 PM

Well the long weekend is coming up and the trend this years is to be wet and cool on long weekends. This one is no different. However they are only calling for rain on Friday now. ITU triathlon is this weekend followed by the Tour of Alberta Sunday and Monday.

Last night was 24 but really Humid. I had sweat running down my back during my Cyclocross race. Still nice to sit outside late into the evening though. Currently 14 going up to 22 today. then 14-15 high through the weekend.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2016, 1:47 AM
Suburbs Suck

High of only 23C today but it lasted for 7 hours. Odd a high lasts for that long at least around here.
castlegar.ca

Old Posted Sep 2, 2016, 2:30 AM
Briareos Hecatonchires

Yesterday was nice, if a little uncomfortably humid for my liking. Today was cloudier in the morning, a little cooler at 23°C and breezier, but not as humid. Still, it was quite a pleasant day to go for an afternoon walk.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2016, 5:21 AM

I managed to get through the day without using my umbrella but it was close. What people were wearing today in Vancouver was all over the map. T-shirts, shorts, parkas, scarves, sandles, winter boots, you name it. The one thing that was consistent was the high level of style and west coast chic. I've been wearing my shorts since late March so it's going to take a few more degrees cooler before I drag out the jeans.

We had a good dump of rain this evening (downtown) and it's about 14 C. Continuing with highs and lows in the teens and showers here and there off an on.

Vancouver, Sept.1 '16, my pics

Old Posted Sep 2, 2016, 11:39 AM

Cool again today but with bright sunshine, high of 23C.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2016, 2:52 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Autumn is definitely just around the corner, though September/October are usually great months for us.

Overcast today, but mild.

A look back at the main months of summer.

July 2016

Average High: 19.6C
Average Low: 11.4C

August 2016

Average High: 20.5C
Average Low: 11.6C

Very near our norms. We had 50+ days above 20C, many of those with humidex values in the low-to-mid 30s. That's about as good as it gets here, barring some anomaly in our favour.

An unremarkable summer.

Now we'll hopefully get another lovely, long fall. And no hurricanes to strip the trees of leaves before they've a chance to change colour and linger for a while.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2016, 4:21 PM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

When we had awful weather in June and July I thought this summer could still be okay if we had a nice August and September to make up for it. Here's the forecast for Vancouver right now:

Aside from being generally cloudy and rainy it seems we've had most of our nice weather mid week. There have only been a handful of nice summer weekends.

But Vancouver gets months of dreary rain in the winter, so that makes up for it, right?

Old Posted Sep 2, 2016, 7:58 PM

Cool, wet and overcast. A typical winter day in Vancouver if the temps were a few degrees lower. Gotta dig my duck shoes out.

Homer St., Vancouver, Sept.2 '16, my pic

Old Posted Sep 3, 2016, 1:10 AM

Summers still rockin in the Peg..Weekends gonna cook..Welcome September long.. The leaves are all green with no early stragglers dropping off yet..

Old Posted Sep 3, 2016, 3:32 AM
Pro Trivia Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
When we had awful weather in June and July I thought this summer could still be okay if we had a nice August and September to make up for it. Here's the forecast for Vancouver right now:

Aside from being generally cloudy and rainy it seems we've had most of our nice weather mid week. There have only been a handful of nice summer weekends.

But Vancouver gets months of dreary rain in the winter, so that makes up for it, right?
It's only really in the particular context of Canada and a person's hatred of any snow or sub-zero temperatures at all, and an obsession to avoid them at any climactic cost, that Vancouver can be considered to have an excellent or awesome climate.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2016, 4:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcminsen View Post
Cool, wet and overcast. A typical winter day in Vancouver if the temps were a few degrees lower. Gotta dig my duck shoes out.

I guess I should wait until the day's over before I do a report on the weather because about an hour after I took that rainy pic, the rain stopped, the sun came out and the rest of the day was nice.

We're in that time of season in Vancouver when you should take your umbrella and sunglasses with you when you go out.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2016, 11:42 AM

Bright and sunny and warmer today, high of 25C. Rest of the week looks good too, very summer like still

Old Posted Sep 3, 2016, 1:21 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

It got down to a chilly 8C last night in Moncton (it could be worse, it reached 5C in Edmundston in the far NW of the province).

It will be 20C here later today and sunny. There's very little humidity, so I'm sure it will feel coolish all day.

There's a blocking high pressure system over eastern Canada, so the weather will be stable all week. It will warm up in a few days time (as high as 27C), so summer isn't over yet.

The blocking high, in addition to giving us fine weather, is also impeding the progress of Hurricane Hermine up the east coast, so the effects of this storm on Atlantic Canada are going to be minimal - a win-win situation........

Old Posted Sep 4, 2016, 5:27 AM
Go Preds!

I am almost depressed since coming back from vacation... nights are pretty cool. For example today, we had a morning low of 11C and a high of 22C. It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't used to 30C with lows around 20C. No rain at all for the whole month I was in Southern Europe. Funny what Canadians call heat and drought.

At least tonight is the last cooler night (I had to close my window before going to bed yesterday):

Old Posted Sep 4, 2016, 6:17 AM

It was cool and cloudy this morning when I was at the Nelson Park Farmer's Market in Vancouver's West End. It cleared off in the afternoon and was warmish, ~18C.

Comox Street, Vancouver, Sept.3 '16, my pic

Broadway at Commercial, Vancouver, Sept.3 '16, my pic

Old Posted Sep 4, 2016, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
I am almost depressed since coming back from vacation... nights are pretty cool. For example today, we had a morning low of 11C and a high of 22C. It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't used to 30C with lows around 20C. No rain at all for the whole month I was in Southern Europe. Funny what Canadians call heat and drought.
You're basically describing what July and August were like here also. Radio station I listen to at work joked everyday that they could've just put the forecast on repeat. Sunny with a high of 30C.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2016, 1:14 PM

Warm and very sunny today, high of 26C.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2016, 8:43 PM

Warm week ahead for Southern Ontario. Highs in the 28 to 32C range beginning tomorrow through Friday. Humidity levels reaching near 40C for Wed-Thurs.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2016, 5:25 AM
Go Preds!

25C and sunny with a humidex of 27! Gorgeous late summer afternoon. The morning wasn't too summer like at 13C but thankfully it was Saturday so I didn't get exposed to it (wake up later).

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada