HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 3, 2019, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesrmj View Post
^ I think I know what is going on there and if I'm correct, it will be big!!
There have been several proposals for this site, some of which are now dead. Are you talking about the old ING/CapOne proposal? The townhouses? The Law School? The master plan? I'm not saying nothing's happening here, but I also don't want you to get your hopes up for something that may have been dead for years.

For the past few years BPG has been infilling this site with dirt from other excavations just to remove the excess water from the ground. Could just be that continuing, could be something else. Unless you have specific scoop, which I doubt, I'd recommend you just wait and see.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2019, 8:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domodeez View Post
There have been several proposals for this site, some of which are now dead. Are you talking about the old ING/CapOne proposal? The townhouses? The Law School? The master plan? I'm not saying nothing's happening here, but I also don't want you to get your hopes up for something that may have been dead for years.

For the past few years BPG has been infilling this site with dirt from other excavations just to remove the excess water from the ground. Could just be that continuing, could be something else. Unless you have specific scoop, which I doubt, I'd recommend you just wait and see.
I got a sneak peak at some Wilmington development plans as mentioned in a previous post.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2019, 5:03 PM
Me?!?

Conshohocken’s Millennium buildings sold to King of Prussia real estate investment firm
by Jacob Adelman, Updated: January 4, 2019- 2:13 PM
http://www.philly.com/real-estate/co...-20190104.html

Photos of Demolition of Buildings on Lower Fayette Street in Conshohocken
https://morethanthecurve.com/photos-...-conshohocken/

Old Posted Jan 6, 2019, 2:51 AM

With the new Regional Rail station currently being built, and these awesome developments, Conshy really is on the up and up.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2019, 2:59 AM
Philly Rising Up!

^
Conshy has a somewhat more urban-like fee with a number of mid-rises visible. Sort of like a Philly city outpost if you will.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2019, 2:18 PM

I am not sure if anyone posted this. This development is well underway and is already above ground. It can be seen from the Blue Route southbound just before the Villanova exit.

Brandywine Breaks Ground On Penn Medicine-Anchored Development In Radnor
https://www.bisnow.com/philadelphia/...medium=Browser

Old Posted Jan 7, 2019, 3:43 PM
Philly Rising Up!

^
Yes, it was previously mentioned, but thanks for linking the additional article. Very significant development as it chews up a bit of land.

https://www.pennmedicine.org/news/ne...nter-in-radnor

Old Posted Jan 9, 2019, 2:22 PM

I don't know how to post pics, but here's a link to the WC Press highlighting development in West Chester including another downtown hotel proposal.
https://issuu.com/thewcpress/docs/th...ss_january2019

Old Posted Jan 9, 2019, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcphil View Post
I don't know how to post pics, but here's a link to the WC Press highlighting development in West Chester including another downtown hotel proposal.
https://issuu.com/thewcpress/docs/th...ss_january2019
I am thankful that postmodernism is dying. It's renderings like this that give me hope as an aspiring architect.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2019, 5:58 PM

Looks like the 76ers Fieldhouse will open January 23, 2019

Blue Coats delay opening of Wilmington's 76ers Fieldhouse until Jan. 23

Quote:
Construction delays have pushed the Delaware Blue Coats’ opening game in the new 76ers Fieldhouse to Jan. 23, the NBA Gatorade League team said Wednesday.

The Blue Coats had hoped to play the first game at their Wilmington arena on Jan. 4.

But that game against the Grand Rapids Drive has been moved to Jan. 29 and home games Jan. 9 and 11 have been switched to the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia.

The first contest at the 76ers Fieldhouse is now slated for Jan. 23 against the Memphis Hustle at 7 p.m.
Read more - https://www.delawareonline.com/story...23/2368745002/

Is this Fieldhouse considered a small stadium like where the Blue-rocks play?

Old Posted Jan 16, 2019, 6:19 PM

Also, I'm going to keep a close eye on this:

Link to image - http://twodudes.com/image/crosby-hill

Old Posted Jan 16, 2019, 7:37 PM

Quote:
Also, I'm going to keep a close eye on this
That concept has been dead for years, and the building was demolished a few years ago. "Crosby Hill" was a failed attempt (it never even got off the ground) to rebrand the middle stretch of Market Street between LoMa and Rodney Square.

This is why I say don't get your hopes up about whatever plans you saw for the east side of the Riverfront. There have been many concepts that have come and gone, and whatever you saw could easily be dead already or just a conceptual plan.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2019, 8:52 PM

Quote:
That concept has been dead for years, and the building was demolished a few years ago. "Crosby Hill" was a failed attempt (it never even got off the ground) to rebrand the middle stretch of Market Street between LoMa and Rodney Square.

This is why I say don't get your hopes up about whatever plans you saw for the east side of the Riverfront. There have been many concepts that have come and gone, and whatever you saw could easily be dead already or just a conceptual plan.
I give up

Old Posted Jan 16, 2019, 9:56 PM

Quote:
I give up
That looks like the parking garage on king street. BPG is working on a project there currently - knocking down bldg that had bills meat market to put in some retail/residential.

https://www.delawareonline.com/story...nd/2465679002/

Old Posted Jan 16, 2019, 10:00 PM

Quote:
I give up
I'm just saying not to get too invested in whatever you saw for the east side of the Riverfront, but don't get down on the city as a whole. There's plenty to get excited about in Wilmington:

Wilmington's Building Boom Set to Continue in 2019
https://www.delawarebusinesstimes.co...wf1ZN8ag5ff2iQ

Quote:
Historically, the Wilmington economy has supported about 50,000 jobs. There was a slight dip during the two years following the Great Recession of 2008, but the number now hovers around its historic benchmark.
A recent study by the real estate firm CBRE found that 33,000 city residents are employed, even though most have jobs that take them outside the city. That number marks an improvement over 2009, when about four thousand fewer Wilmingtonians had jobs.
Wilmington’s third quarter unemployment rate stood at 6.1 percent, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. That is the lowest rate since 2007.
Some upcoming projects include 300 luxury units on the Brandywine River at the former Bancroft Mill site, 80 units on the Avenue of the Arts and 75 units between the Nemours building and the Hotel Du Pont. An additional 140 units will come from the conversion of office space at 901 and 913 Market Street. Construction is set to begin this year on a 40-unit building at 5th and 6th streets on Shipley Street. [Note: this is new public info]

Buccini said Wilmington can look forward to more development on Shipley and Orange streets now that the Market Street Corridor is strong. [Note: this is new public info] He says more restaurants and bars will be coming as well, including BPG’s DE.CO food hall, which will open in the DuPont Building in February.

Co-working spaces like 1313 Innovation, coIN Loft and The Mill will continue to draw talented entrepreneurs to Wilmington. The Mill, which opened in 2016 on the fourth floor of the Nemours Building, is set to expand to 60,000 square feet. [Note: this is new public info]

The Riverfront will also see its fair share of development. The Buccini/Polln Group is constructing a Homewood Suites hotel, which is scheduled to open in September. The Homewood is being built next to an incoming Hyatt Place hotel in the shadows of the Chase Center and the Westin Hotel.
Buccini/Pollin is also building the 76ers Fieldhouse on the East Side of the Riverfront. The 2,500-seat facility will be home to the NBA Gatorade League’s Delaware Blue Coats (formerly the 87ers) and is set to open in February.

The city has received $2.9 million in funding to build the South Wilmington Wetland Project. The project is located just south of the Christina River, near the ShopRite of Christina Crossing and the under-construction 76ers Fieldhouse. Construction on the 14-acre project will begin in the spring and feature a stormwater management facility to reduce flooding in Southbridge and create open space for the community, including trails.
And this article fails to mention many, many other significant Wilmington projects that are recently complete or have already been announced, such as:

This proposed boutique hotel project at 519 N Market

The recently completed and amazing new ped/bike bridge and Jack Markell Trail that connects downtown/Riverfront Wilmington to Old Historic New Castle

The new Chemours HQ that just opened yesterday on Rodney Square in the DuPont Bldg

The BPG apartment project that was recently announced for LoMA

This big apartment building that'll be done before you know it at 2000 Pennsylvania Ave, bordering Trolley Square and the West Side

This project at 405 Market (though renderings have changed)

The big plans for the north bank of the Brandywine, just across from downtown

Plus, it's the city's worst kept secret that since late 2014 Delaware Law School has been exploring a move from 202 back to Wilmington (which is where it was originally located), and that would obviously be a tremendous boon to both the city and the law school. That info was 'leaked' in a DelawareOnline piece in 2016, and most people 'in the know' already knew about it by then.

So many other small and mid-size projects downtown, on the east side, that have already been announced but I don't have time to post right now. And that's just the stuff that's been announced and is likely to happen. Believe me when I say there's a lot in the pipeline to be excited about.

And if Wilmington ever embraces it's proximity to Philadelphia, by getting more SEPTA trains for example, the city will explode.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2019, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslice View Post
That looks like the parking garage on king street. BPG is working on a project there currently - knocking down bldg that had bills meat market to put in some retail/residential.

https://www.delawareonline.com/story...nd/2465679002/
Different block. That project at Cooper's Furniture / Bill's Meat Market is north of 2nd Street, this picture of the Crosby Hill mural is south of 2nd Street and is now just a big surface parking lot.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2019, 4:28 PM
Me?!?

LOWER PROVIDENCE — A 102,894 square foot office building in the Valley Forge Corporate Center has sold for $17.5 million. The sale was announced this week by Institutional Property Advisors, a division of Marcus & Millichap.

“This is a stabilized office investment property with zero vacancy, occupied by strong credit tenants with long-term leases,” John Abuja, Institutional Property Advisors senior director, said in a press release.

Located at 1000 Madison Ave. in Lower Providence, the three-story office building was fully occupied by five tenants at the time of the sale, according to the release. Among the tenants is the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, which occupies 37 percent of the building.

The new owner of the building is described as being “a regional investor in Class A office assets,” Additional details about the owner have not been made public.

According to David Beyel, senior associate with Marcus & Millichap, there was a competitive bidding environment for the building, which resulted in "seven offers from a mix of local, national, and international investors.”
https://www.timesherald.com/business...37ab045a3.html

Old Posted Jan 19, 2019, 6:43 PM

Quote:
I'm just saying not to get too invested in whatever you saw for the east side of the Riverfront, but don't get down on the city as a whole. There's plenty to get excited about in Wilmington:

Wilmington's Building Boom Set to Continue in 2019
https://www.delawarebusinesstimes.co...wf1ZN8ag5ff2iQ

And this article fails to mention many, many other significant Wilmington projects that are recently complete or have already been announced, such as:

This proposed boutique hotel project at 519 N Market

The recently completed and amazing new ped/bike bridge and Jack Markell Trail that connects downtown/Riverfront Wilmington to Old Historic New Castle

The new Chemours HQ that just opened yesterday on Rodney Square in the DuPont Bldg

The BPG apartment project that was recently announced for LoMA

This big apartment building that'll be done before you know it at 2000 Pennsylvania Ave, bordering Trolley Square and the West Side

This project at 405 Market (though renderings have changed)

The big plans for the north bank of the Brandywine, just across from downtown

Plus, it's the city's worst kept secret that since late 2014 Delaware Law School has been exploring a move from 202 back to Wilmington (which is where it was originally located), and that would obviously be a tremendous boon to both the city and the law school. That info was 'leaked' in a DelawareOnline piece in 2016, and most people 'in the know' already knew about it by then.

So many other small and mid-size projects downtown, on the east side, that have already been announced but I don't have time to post right now. And that's just the stuff that's been announced and is likely to happen. Believe me when I say there's a lot in the pipeline to be excited about.

And if Wilmington ever embraces it's proximity to Philadelphia, by getting more SEPTA trains for example, the city will explode.
When do ,you think the market will support a new condo project? Like on or around the Market Street/Loma area? I’m bullish on Wilmington long term and would buy one as an investment and rent out for awhile, but existing projects aren’t doing well. Like Christina Landing. However, they are all Riverfront.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2019, 10:01 PM

U.S. 301 toll freeway opened January 10, 2019

I know. This happened a couple weeks ago, and I forgot to post it sooner:

Quote:
Jeff Mitchell waited for more than two hours Thursday morning on the shoulder of Warwick Road in Middletown for his chance to be a part of Delaware history.

The Middletown salesman, who has daily business in Maryland and Pennsylvania as well as his home state, wanted to be one of the first to drive on the new U.S. 301 Mainline toll road.

He watched as crews near the Warwick Road overpass uncovered signs marking the Middletown ramps to get on the long-anticipated 14-mile toll road.

"I've been waiting 50-some years for this to happen. What's a couple of more hours," said the longtime Middletown resident.
Read more - https://www.delawareonline.com/story...rs/2524454002/

The new U.S. 301 now connects the existing U.S. 301 from the Maryland State-line to DE-1 right near Saint Georges, DE. It will provide an alternate route to Washington, D.C. from places near Wilmington and north to avoid Baltimore traffic and will help ease traffic in Middleton, DE.

Here is a map of the new U.S. 301 in Delaware:

And here is a flyover of the new highway:
Video Link

Old Posted Jan 20, 2019, 5:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
When do ,you think the market will support a new condo project? Like on or around the Market Street/Loma area? I’m bullish on Wilmington long term and would buy one as an investment and rent out for awhile, but existing projects aren’t doing well. Like Christina Landing. However, they are all Riverfront.
Good question. I think condos around LoMa are a ways off. Though it's not a condo tower, the Rockford Falls townhome development on/near the Brandywine is interesting to follow because it offers a glimpse of the higher end of the buyer market in an area that is not the Riverfront.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations