HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 26, 2018, 3:39 AM

The perimeter restriction at LGA is 1,500 miles one way. (Denver is a grandfathered exception): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaGuardia_Airport

This calculates the distance between YWG and LGA as 1,292 miles:

http://tjpeiffer.com/crowflies.html

Therefore, given that YWG does have pre-clearance facilities, LGA is technically possible, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2018, 12:47 PM

DFW like ORD is a AA hub. ATL as a DL hub may work, but already 3-4 dailies to MSP. SLC didn’t last long. It’s unusual for US majors to fly over their hubs for secondary / smaller markets.

I think we need to build on frequencies that we have: ORD, MSP MCO and DEN. A bit more LAS, PSP and PHX in winter would be nice. A weekly tag on to OGG or HNL via YYC or YVR could work. CP Air used to do this.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2018, 2:15 PM
ILYR

Winnipeg Airports Authority Inc. 2018 First Quarter Results

Passenger traffic increased by 2.94% percent compared to the first quarter of 2017.

Winnipeg Airports Authority also saw an increase in cargo landings in the first quarter of 2018.

Full press release found here: http://www.waa.ca/media/news/article...ults-unaudited

Old Posted Apr 28, 2018, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plrh View Post
DFW? It's funny because I was just talking to someone today about how Dallas is big, and not too far, but so far off of our mental maps in Winnipeg. It would be great for South American connections or just AA connections, but I have only heard of a handful of people ever going there for work or pleasure. I would think a direct to Atlanta or even Nashville (not just because of hockey) would do better. This is just opinion based on anecdotes.
Nashville is crazy right now. I have family there so we go there a lot. I would love a direct flight for that reason alone, but realistically it is in a massive boom. I believe it is now the bachelorette capital in the states, and broadway has a unique iconic vibe kind of like the strip in vegas. The music scene alone should be bringing them a ton of new direct flights from all over.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan