HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 15, 2018, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
Albert Street Cocktail is closing Saturday. Shocked it made it this long.
That bad huh?

Old Posted May 15, 2018, 11:16 PM

Been a mess since they opened. Way too big of a space to not have actual food and serve drinks that take 30 mins. Got new management in fall which caused all the old staff to quit.

Old Posted May 16, 2018, 5:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando View Post
I always find the fascination with fast food outlets on this thread fascinating.
Quote:
Albert Street Cocktail is closing Saturday. Shocked it made it this long.
Quote:
Been a mess since they opened. Way too big of a space to not have actual food and serve drinks that take 30 mins. Got new management in fall which caused all the old staff to quit.
I finally made it down to the "new" Albert Street Cocktail about 1-2 months back, and while the drink was good, I was definitely dissappointed.

What must be acknowledged is that they weren't succeeding in the first place. But they had a product. The best and most creative cocktails in the city, and tons of them.

Whoever came in to manage it hacked that list 85% down. Still good drinks, but gone was that huge imagination and selection. That wasn't their problem, that was their product.

Their problems were space, food, and time management.

1) Maybe reduce the drink list 25%, train them better, higher one more bartender. Not an expensive problem.

2) Food? No idea what could have been done here lol. I'd like to think something was possible with all that space.

3) large space but not a ton of seating. Could have definitely fit more tables. If they made drinks fast enough, or prepped some of the sauces/syrups/elaborate details before hand, people would have come.

Makes me mad. Was the best cocktail destination, for cocktails, in the city when it opened.

Also, how is that little strip on Albert not booming?

#Angrywolf

Old Posted May 16, 2018, 7:11 PM

The space was just too large for the concept. And too large to not have food – that's why they had pizza pop-ups on weekends the last little while. Add more tables and the issues only get worse.

Also what's not "booming" there – it's probably the best block in the Exchange. On the west side all the units are occupied with great, busy shops. Obviously the Bodegoes building is empty but not for "market" reasons. Albert Street as you mentioned was a management problem, again not a "market" problem. Amsterdam Team Room is always busy now. Bodegoes reopening in old Pita Pit.

Would be amazing to see the Woodbine lot developed one day though of course.

Old Posted Today, 9:54 PM

I see that the space formerly occupied by Chamberlyn's and Garry's Deli in the Shops of Winnipeg Square seem to be subject to renovations. Is anyone aware if a new restaurant is going into this space?

Old Posted Today, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid-Poster View Post
I see that the space formerly occupied by Chamberlyn's and Garry's Deli in the Shops of Winnipeg Square seem to be subject to renovations. Is anyone aware if a new restaurant is going into this space?
Pretty sure they’re just using that space as construction offices for 300 main.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan