HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 10:32 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
Downtown Gondola >>>>>>>> Golden Triangle >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cherry Creek

1) Cheap
2) Awesome
3) Great Views
4) So Colorado
5) Moves a f*ck ton of people without much noise
6) Don't have to fight with roads / lanes / rail / underground
7) Not run by RTD because they would figure out how to delay a gondola
You see those stoned sons of bitches running them at every ski area in the state. NO OPERATOR SHORTAGE HERE. It's a hipster dream job.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Downtown Gondola >>>>>>>> Golden Triangle >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cherry Creek

1) Cheap
2) Awesome
3) Great Views
4) So Colorado
5) Moves a f*ck ton of people without much noise
6) Don't have to fight with roads / lanes / rail / underground
7) Not run by RTD because they would figure out how to delay a gondola
I like the idea but don't gondolas go a max of 10 mph? A lot of the new development seems to be on Bannock and Acoma. I would imagine if the residents didn't want to walk downtown or bike downtown, the easiest bet would be to just take the 0.

I work in GT. I am glad that it is blowing up. However, I feel that I am the only one on this forum that prefers some of the European architecture to the modern land barges that have characterized this cycle. I feel that the euro-style gives GT a cool sophistication and makes it distinct from other neighborhoods. We definitely need more retail and more trees though.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 11:15 PM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

^ It works so well in Telluride. I bet you the average speed of a gondola would still beat out the 83L and 0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunt_q View Post
You see those stoned sons of bitches running them at every ski area in the state. NO OPERATOR SHORTAGE HERE. It's a hipster dream job.

Also, I posted an updated rendering of X3. It's a hot one!

https://denverinfill.com/blog/2019/1...-denver-3.html

Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Don't hate, bro. Just because you left and miss out on all of the banal talk of the wealthiest neighborhood that doesn't flip the fuck out when someone proposes a duplex doesn't mean we don't still love you.

Once a Stapletonian always a Stapletonian.
How do I get the upper middle class stink off? Gasoline and match?

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 12:21 AM

Is Lone Tree awesome or what?

Sometimes when I'm out driving, instead of Trail Mix, I gotta stop for a single, no fries, no drink as I always carry my own fruit smoothie drinks with me.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
Is Lone Tree awesome or what?

Sometimes when I'm out driving, instead of Trail Mix, I gotta stop for a single, no fries, no drink as I always carry my own fruit smoothie drinks with me.
This is one of your more depressing posts.

Do you also order off of kids' menus?

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 1:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLucasTheGreat View Post
I like the idea but don't gondolas go a max of 10 mph? A lot of the new development seems to be on Bannock and Acoma. I would imagine if the residents didn't want to walk downtown or bike downtown, the easiest bet would be to just take the 0.
I suspect the vast majority of GT residents are not the bus-riding type.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 1:20 AM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

All of this Lone Tree talk makes me sad.
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 1:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Hill View Post
That's fair. Maybe horse drawn carriages.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 2:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by semiurban View Post
This is one of your more depressing posts.

Do you also order off of kids' menus?
In-N-Out Burger doesn't have a kids menu. I (try to) maintain a heart healthy diet but occasionally I'll indulge in a simple burger.

Quote:
All of this Lone Tree talk makes me sad.
Unless it's on the Front Range thread where it belongs? (wasn't really about Lone Tree though)

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 3:08 AM

Here are some pictures in case anybody is interested:

Glass being placed on Block 162.

New Element Hotel in Golden Triangle

New Denver Art Museum Entrance

Cool mural with a new heinous monstrosity that hath no name in the background.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 3:21 AM
Provincial Bumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
the wealthiest neighborhood that doesn't flip the fuck out when someone proposes a duplex doesn't mean we don't still love you.
You don't get to claim this until we are past the developer-control phase of life. You wannabe-Aurorans are close, but not there yet. Just as soon as there's something proposed that isn't clearly identified in my wrinkled circa-2003 Front Porch site plan, you'll react just the same as all the other rich white folk in Denver. Then, and only then, will we accept you as us.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 2:10 PM

Quote:

I work in GT. I am glad that it is blowing up. However, I feel that I am the only one on this forum that prefers some of the European architecture to the modern land barges that have characterized this cycle. I feel that the euro-style gives GT a cool sophistication and makes it distinct from other neighborhoods. We definitely need more retail and more trees though.
Retail is coming. We just announced our fourth location which will be located in the Parq on Speer building.

https://businessden.com/2019/11/19/l...angle-outpost/

A lot of other quality operators are circling as well. All of the multifamily on Bannock and Acoma has retail and their is definitely strong interest from a variety of users including fitness, restaurants and services.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 4:25 PM

Quote:

I like the Euro-style buildings in GT. I never understood the hate.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 4:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunt_q View Post
You don't get to claim this until we are past the developer-control phase of life. You wannabe-Aurorans are close, but not there yet. Just as soon as there's something proposed that isn't clearly identified in my wrinkled circa-2003 Front Porch site plan, you'll react just the same as all the other rich white folk in Denver. Then, and only then, will we accept you as us.
I went to a neighborhood meeting about 3 years ago where the developer of the MLK & Central Park SE parcel did a presentation. I asked why the proposal was for only 4 stories and there was an audible gasp from the Stapleton moms and other breeders in the room. I was told by the developer that 6 stories isn't appropriate at a major intersection because of the burden that would put on the neighbors. He said the right thing to please the pearl clutchers, but fuuuuuuuuuuuck Stapleton.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 5:02 PM

Why do the Arapahoe Square guidelines not result in more tapered buildings? It seems that the intent was to get more Vancouver style buildings, but so far all of the proposals are blocky, with no interesting roof lines. Looking at you X Denver 3.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 5:14 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dirt View Post
Why do the Arapahoe Square guidelines not result in more tapered buildings? It seems that the intent was to get more Vancouver style buildings, but so far all of the proposals are blocky, with no interesting roof lines. Looking at you X Denver 3.
Because the taper applies above a certain height threshold and no developer has decided the trade off is worth it yet. Looking at you condo development.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 6:13 PM

I think the X Denver 3 building looks great. Hopefully we'll see several more of these rise in AS over the next few years.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 6:35 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dirt View Post
I went to a neighborhood meeting about 3 years ago where the developer of the MLK & Central Park SE parcel did a presentation. I asked why the proposal was for only 4 stories and there was an audible gasp from the Stapleton moms and other breeders in the room. I was told by the developer that 6 stories isn't appropriate at a major intersection because of the burden that would put on the neighbors. He said the right thing to please the pearl clutchers, but fuuuuuuuuuuuck Stapleton.
So basically it was like a CHUN, GPHC, or INC meeting (minus someone decrying the developer as a fascist Nazi).

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 6:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Hill View Post
Definitely not the walk around on public streets type either. GT residents are the condo garage to work garage to yoga garage to whole foods garage types.

So the gondola idea might actually be a good one because GT residents are probably familiar with the time they parked in Beaver Creek's heated garage and took the escalator up to the Westin's gondola.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West