HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 20, 2011, 5:54 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

What are some of the other proposals for the Rolling Hill Mill site? I know this photo is a little old, but is there construction on the lot at the bottom right of that photo? It looks like there's been some dirt work there, or were they just working on utilities and what not for future developments?

Old Posted Oct 20, 2011, 6:25 PM

Isn't a job incubator u/c in the area ?

Old Posted Oct 20, 2011, 11:03 PM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitekte View Post
What are some of the other proposals for the Rolling Hill Mill site? I know this photo is a little old, but is there construction on the lot at the bottom right of that photo? It looks like there's been some dirt work there, or were they just working on utilities and what not for future developments?
I haven't heard about anything else myself, but then again, I don't know much. haha

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Oct 21, 2011, 3:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Isn't a job incubator u/c in the area ?
I have no idea, are you talking about Urban Green Lab?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
I haven't heard about anything else myself, but then again, I don't know much. haha
I don't know of anything else either for Rolling Mill Hill. As far as I know it is still in waiting for things to turn around. For all I know the land may have gone back to Metro.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2011, 3:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
I have no idea, are you talking about Urban Green Lab?

I don't know of anything else either for Rolling Mill Hill. As far as I know it is still in waiting for things to turn around. For all I know the land may have gone back to Metro.
I think it's called the Tennessee Technology Incubator or something like that. Don't remember where I read it but they did mention something about the site of the old trolley barns.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2011, 3:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
I think it's called the Tennessee Technology Incubator or something like that. Don't remember where I read it but they did mention something about the site of the old trolley barns.
The only incubator I've been able to bring up is the new one in Knoxville at Univ. of Tennessee.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2011, 12:43 AM

Massive office development announced for Gulch

This is a truly massive announcement, up to 1.5 million sq. ft. total of office space for the Gulch, scattered over 5 sites. The developer is the person that helped truly shape Cool Springs in Williamson County and now wants to dig his heels into the urban market to grad corporate headquarters' to the core. I'm more than certain these will have street level retail, in all honesty they'd have to in order to make sense and compete.

If this comes to fruition this could seriously launch Nashville's core to a whole different level for office space. 2012 could very well be the blowout year if everything proposed to start or continue underway next year happens.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...lle-gulch.html

Old Posted Oct 22, 2011, 1:23 AM

Dear Lord!

Old Posted Oct 22, 2011, 1:48 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

I don't know what to think about this right now...at least its in the Gulch and not out in an office park off of the interstate.

I hope he has the cash to back all of that up. I hope all of this isn't just hot air either.

Possibly 600,000 Sq. Ft. on 1.96 acres...might get a little height out of this proposal.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2011, 2:11 AM
Future God

That rendering is ridiculously bad ass!!!!!

Back when Signature Tower was officially shelved I thought that Nashville was about to enter a dark period for urban development...I don't think I could have been MORE wrong.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Oct 22, 2011, 2:15 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
That rendering is ridiculously bad ass!!!!!

Back when Signature Tower was officially shelved I thought that Nashville was about to enter a dark period for urban development...I don't think I could have been MORE wrong.
That rendering is pretty slick. Something like this has to go down in the right order and have everything fall into place perfectly to be successful. Luckily, office space is something that's needed in the Gulch so this could work and I hope we see all of these built. Bring the office space to the Gulch and soon you're gonna need more residential development. Anyways, this is just another reason to be ready for 2012 to get here!

Old Posted Oct 22, 2011, 2:23 AM

The residential component is definitely there in the Gulch and more is on the way, so naturally office and more retail is following.

At the same time, I wonder how this could affect the West End Summit and current proposal at 1201 Demonbreun. If there is a w/o question positive, it is that these are all surface lots right now. Obviously this development would be phased in because if they had the cash to build all at once that'd be a f**k load of office space to deliver at once.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2011, 1:35 AM
Nashville born and raised

Nashville is on the move.

After start ups of several quality apartment developments in recent months, several mid-rise residential and office buildings are on the drawing boards and should soon break ground.

First those actually under construction:

The Music City Center is the biggie. Six square block convention center for the nations 7th most popular convention destination.

Of course with the Convention center you need a 22+ story, 800 room hotel.

The Vista Apartments in Germantown are well under construction and will provide 300 +/- units for some of the 40,000 people moving to the Nashville Metro Area each year.

Associated with the hotel is a major expansion of the Country Music Hall Of Fame.

The Country Music Hall of Fame in SoBro.

The Elliston 23 development in Nashville’s red hot mid-town area will provide 300 units two blocks from Vanderbilt and Centennial Park. It will offer a lot of street level retail with wide sidewalks for sidewalk cafes.

The ElevenN is rising in the most northern part of the Gulch and will provide 300 + units in its first phase. There is no rendering, but I have this crude diagram to show its orientation in the Gulch.

Back in Mid-town, the Hilton Hotel is nearing completion.

There are several solid proposals expected to break ground in the next few months or sometime this year.

Two buildings in the Gulch area, a 23 story apartment building and a 20 story office are reportedly due to break ground this winter/spring;

Vanderbilt will replace some non-descript buildings at 21st and West End with some extremely classy, ivy league looking buildings which will make a statement on this high profile corner.

And there are several exciting projects rumored or in the planning stage that could possibly beginning in 2012.

The Federal Court House is on the schedule to begin in 2012 but is subject to Congressional approval, I think. We’ll see.

Once the MCC is complete, the current Convention Center is slated to be converted to a Medical Trade Mart with a 12 story attachment which should be equivalent to a 20 story building due to optimal floor to floor requirements.

This Hotel at 18th and West End in mid-town has been pending for a year now. But I think it is still a solid proposal.

To add to Nashville’s rich cultural heritage, two museums are proposed for the Bi-Centennial Mall, just north of downtown.

The National Museum of African American Music;

And the New State Archives which allow relocation of the current, very nicely done state Museum.

A recent proposal for several office buildings in the Gulch ranging from 5 to 20 stories was announced this past week. The rendering shows an uber cool building on stilts over the train tracks.

The Pine Street Flats Gulch are finally finding backing as a 300+ apartment unit. (Did I mention, the Gulch is HOT!!)

And back in Mid-Town, across from the Parthenon in Centennial Park, is the Park 25 project;

I haven’t mentioned rumored, long-shot projects like the second Convention Center Hotel (up to 50 stories), a mid-rise apartment building in the Music Row area (Lionstone Properties), and the West End Summit (two 26 story buildings) and….

….. an eight story hotel across from Vandy in mid-town.

There is a very real possibility that some sort of mass transit will tie in Mid-town, The Gulch and Downtown. I think it will happen and break ground within a couple of years and will be a trolley system.

And finally, the recommended location for a new ballpark will be announced in a few weeks. I look for the Sulpher Dell location to be chosen. It’s just north of downtown and where the original, historic ballpark was located. I just hope its expandable to major league proportions (Tampa, I’m lookin’ at you!).

If most of this goes to construction, Nashville’s forty block long skyline will grow by this much;

And the City will look like this everywhere you look;

Old Posted Oct 24, 2011, 1:41 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
The Gulch continues to thrive and here come more apartments, this building will be located between the ICON and Velocity.

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2011/8...lch_apartments

"Gulch power player MarketStreet is ready to get into the rental market with a 266,000-square-foot apartment complex.

The company's development director, Dirk Melton, said MarketStreet will break ground this fall on the six-story, 305-unit Pine Street Lofts between Velocity and Icon. The first units will become available about a year later and a total buildout will take 16 months."
Any news on this? I haven't seen anything in the news about it, but I haven't been looking hard either.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2011, 1:48 AM

Article in today's Tennessean about Tower Investments.

Also, note to Chris Johnson: GIVEMEMYMONEYBACK!!!*

*Mel Gibson voice

Old Posted Oct 24, 2011, 2:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitekte View Post
Any news on this? I haven't seen anything in the news about it, but I haven't been looking hard either.
Haven't heard anything new in the past few weeks, which isn't completely surprising. I'm sure things are going on behind the scenes at the moment because no official groundbreaking has occured.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2011, 2:05 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

New proposed location for the new ballpark. I don't mind this location at all...it should spark some much needed development on the east bank.

http://enclave-nashville.blogspot.co...park-near.html

Old Posted Oct 26, 2011, 3:44 PM

I'm just not seeing that site becoming anything like that. It is heavily industrial with everything from barge facilities to interstate transport warehouses. A location on the other side of the river, whether it be in southern SoBro, the old thermal plant site at 1st Ave & Korean Vets, or the Sulphur Dell site just north of the capitol. Even if this were the final site, the orientation of the stadium is completely stupid, turn it to face downtown because most people don't care to see I-24 traffic from the stands.

Last edited by futuresooner; Oct 26, 2011 at 6:32 PM.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2011, 4:52 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
I'm just not seeing that site becoming anything like that. It is heavily industrial with everything from barge facilities to interstate transport warehouses. A location on the other side of the river, whether it be in southern SoBro, the old thermal plant site at 1st Ave & Korean Vets, or the Sulphur Dell site just north of the capitol.
I think they old thermal plant site would be the best, but that's mainly because I'm thinking of how badass SoBro and that area would be with a new stadium. As far as revitalization and sparking new development, the Sulphur Dell would be the best location. At least we know that Metro is heavily considering all of the impacts, positive and negative that a new stadium would have in each of these locations. The main question is do they design it to one day be able to be expanded to accommodate an MLB team. That idea is an extreme long shot now, but a few years ago with the Rays discussing moving it wasn't, but either way that topic of designing it to be expandable will play heavily on its location...the old thermal plant site is pretty small for a stadium of that size.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2011, 5:22 PM
Endless Moments...

Some really nice stuff here. I like it...

Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations