HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Oct 11, 2010, 4:05 AM
Vote for me in 2019!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAnderson View Post
FrontRunner to Santaquin?
Maybe a very long long long way down the road Santiquin may get Front Runner. This vote would be for UTA Busses to service Santiquin. Currently the end of the UTA line for commuter busses is the 800 S exit in Payson. Front Runner is slated to eventually terminate its service at 800 South in Payson as well. The location of the station has been identified and the land directly to the south is under the control of one owner, who is envisioning a a TOD in the area and Payson City has adopted a TOD Overlay zone which has been applied to the area. UTA's Right of Way currently ends at 800 S Payson.

As for Santiquin getting Front Runner, it could happen but UTA's most recent discussion with Payson officials (formerly me) is that Front Runner to Payson will be completed by 2025 at the latest and depending on demand, calculated from express buss service from Payson to Provo terminus could jump that time line sooner. I would anticipate that Santiquin, Mona, and Nephi along with the goshen valley to the west of Santiquin and Payson is going to have to grow substantially before UTA takes a look at and southward expansion. Bus service is a good place to start though.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West