HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted May 16, 2018, 4:42 PM

I don't hate the courthouse drawings. They have that 50s government modern vibe. I do think that rounding off the top corners might take it up a notch.

Old Posted May 16, 2018, 5:25 PM

Why do they keep making those plaza's on all of the government buildings? It create big large gaps with "public spaces" that no one uses.

Old Posted May 16, 2018, 7:48 PM

Probably for security? They say those plazas are welcoming, but I never feel welcome when armed to the teeth cops are staring me down the moment I step foot on public property. I’d rather they build a park or some housing with retail in those spaces.

Old Posted May 16, 2018, 9:07 PM
Resu Deretsiger

I like the building, but it should be in another location. I'd say maybe rotate it, but the sun bouncing off the windows if they face east to west would be difficult in the summer.

Old Posted May 18, 2018, 1:58 AM
Here we stAy

I don't mind the building, and I know the location is to be close to the jail, but I wish they would be a little more imaginative with the site design. IMO, the tower should be angled to the street grid instead of conforming to it. Have it go from the SW corner to the NE. The skyline would certainly get some interest with the added angling.

The plaza is also a very traditional courthouse design so I wouldn't expect much different there. Would be nice if there were some progressive ideas to liven up the space but I doubt that would happen for security concerns (even though the space is public).

Old Posted May 22, 2018, 6:18 PM

I still think we will have at least 4 or 6 midrises/highrises by 2021 erected or under construction and this is one of them.

https://www.bizjournals.com/sacramen...tart-this.html

Old Posted May 22, 2018, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamehameha View Post
I still think we will have at least 4 or 6 midrises/highrises by 2021 erected or under construction and this is one of them.

https://www.bizjournals.com/sacramen...tart-this.html

I would hope that this gets started on, they said last year that it would start and the year before that and nothing happened so let's hope that no delays will occur so that the project will finally start.

I have to say, K Street is becoming remarkably active w/proposals of The Hardin, Greyhound, Hyatt, 800K, and maybe even Shorenstein which is a short distance away. Perhaps K street will be the R street of Downtown with even more dense and taller buildings in the near future? Only time will tell...

Old Posted May 23, 2018, 3:28 AM

Delays will always be a problem....

Developers of 1717 S St. project seek financing
By Ben van der Meer – Staff Writer, Sacramento Business Journal
May 22, 2018, 6 hours ago

https://www.bizjournals.com/sacramen...financing.html

Quote:
With its financing uncertain, a mixed-use project at 1717 S St. in midtown Sacramento may not begin construction until next spring at the soonest.

Project partners CFY Development Inc. and Capitol Area Development Authority are looking for other financing sources for the 159-apartment project, which is expected to cost about $63 million.

“Increase in interest rates and HUD eliminating the funding program we were planning to use to fund the project has us scrambling to find a substitute source of funding,” said Todd Leon, a project director with CADA affiliate Capitol Area Community Development Corp., in an email.....
Sigh...two steps forward, one step back.

Old Posted May 23, 2018, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_deguzman10 View Post

I would hope that this gets started on, they said last year that it would start and the year before that and nothing happened so let's hope that no delays will occur so that the project will finally start.

I have to say, K Street is becoming remarkably active w/proposals of The Hardin, Greyhound, Hyatt, 800K, and maybe even Shorenstein which is a short distance away. Perhaps K street will be the R street of Downtown with even more dense and taller buildings in the near future? Only time will tell...
Funny you should bring up the Marshall project. SBJ said yesterday that construction of the Marshall/Hyatt Centric is going’s to start this summer. The last tenant left just a month or so ago.

Old Posted May 26, 2018, 3:22 AM

does anyone think the vanir tower is ever going to be built?

Old Posted May 26, 2018, 4:18 AM

I'm optimistic it will, even if it takes some time. Sooner or later, there will be a need for a lot more Class A office space downtown.

Old Posted May 26, 2018, 5:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by novatone82 View Post
does anyone think the vanir tower is ever going to be built?
Honestly I hope if it does that they will redesign it. I'm not of fan of the current proposal.

Old Posted May 26, 2018, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozone View Post
Honestly I hope if it does that they will redesign it. I'm not of fan of the current proposal.
If there is one good thing about waiting to see this building come to fruition is maybe a better design comes along.

Old Posted May 28, 2018, 6:31 AM
Megalonorcal 11M~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistola916 View Post
If there is one good thing about waiting to see this building come to fruition is maybe a better design comes along.

What are the issues with the vanir design? It’s not an iconic building by any means and is stubby, but all glass is nice.

Old Posted May 28, 2018, 4:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma99a View Post
What are the issues with the vanir design? It’s not an iconic building by any means and is stubby, but all glass is nice.
Spend much time downtown during our long hot summers? All glass facades are not very friendly to pedestrians. When I walk past the USBank building on Capitol I sometimes feel like an ant under a magnifying glass.

Old Posted May 30, 2018, 4:51 AM

Its been over ten years since I have been to San Francisco and wow has its gone vertical , I was hoping when i came home from my 7 year vacation starting in 2009 Sacramento would have done the same i was happy to see the golden one center built , does any one think we will ever get vertical and how high, and how long?

Old Posted Jun 1, 2018, 4:00 PM

One more groundbreaking for this week.

https://www.bizjournals.com/sacramen...-downtown.html

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 7:01 PM

65th and Folsom 184 units being proposed.

https://www.bizjournals.com/sacramen...667&j=81991341

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 8:05 PM

Now this....

An application for a 97-Unit, 8-story, mixed-use apartment building, with two street side retail spaces was filed with the city on May 29, 2018. The project location would be at 1220 H street. Saw this on Twitter. There’s no story yet in the SBJ.

Here is a link to the application on the city's development tracker: https://sacramento.civicinsight.com/...0_H-ST_APP.pdf

Here is a link to the plans: https://sacramento.civicinsight.com/...H-ST_PLANS.pdf (Huge file alert!)

A one or two story mid-century modern office building would have to be demolished; and the site is in a fairly low-rise area. So we shall see if the preservationist crew will allow the property’s owner to build this proposal in THEIR city. You must always have their blessing.

Last edited by snfenoc; Jun 6, 2018 at 9:03 PM.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2018, 8:51 PM
thenorth.bandcamp.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by snfenoc View Post
Now this....

97-Unit, 8-story, mixed-use apartment building proposed at 1220 H street. Saw this on Twitter. Would someone please post a link to the application? There’s no story yet in the SBJ.
The image looks like it's from H Street (Historic) Alley. I wonder if it's a proposal for the parking lot behind the current H Street buildings rather than to replace them.

... never mind

Last edited by Surefiresacto; Jun 6, 2018 at 9:52 PM. Reason: quoted post was edited

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area