HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Jun 1, 2015, 10:04 PM

Yessssss. On the Historic Landmarks Commission agenda:

Quote:
Items of Interest to the Commission
Briefing – Ankeny Alley Expansion Phase I
Kara Fioravanti, BDS, 503-823-5892
(estimated 30 minutes)

ADDRESS: SW Ankeny between SW 3rd and SW 2nd

Phase I of the Ankeny Alley expansion will include a realignment of on-street parking and traffic lanes along SW 3rd to expand the pedestrian alley space From West Burnside to SW Ash Street. This expansion will be delineated with bollards. Phase I also includes fencing within the alley to delineate different tenant outdoor spaces. Phase II (not yet designed) anticipates new paving, new curb lines, lighting, and other permanent site fixtures.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Jun 1, 2015, 11:05 PM
Karma Police

That's fantastic news!! Can't wait for that desparately needed road diet on Third. Voodoo could use the extra sidewalk space for their queues.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2015, 3:28 AM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
Yessssss. On the Historic Landmarks Commission agenda:
That is good news, I had a feeling this was coming seeing they have been doing a number of road work projects in that area with the sidewalks.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2015, 6:55 PM

Quote:
Pine Street Market Food Hall Names Andina Among New Tenants

The 200-seat 10,000 square-foot food hall should be open by the end of November.

The next tenant at Pine Street Market, the 10,000-square-foot food hall coming to the old Baggage & Carriage Building on SW Second Avenue in November, will be the folks behind Andina, the Pearl District's finer dining Peruvian spot. According to Mike Thelin, the project's culinary curator, that brings the number of named tenants to five. The others are Olympia Provisions, Barista, Hopworks Urban Brewery and a bread and pastries spot by Ken Forkish.

Peter Platt, who runs Andina with his family, says their PSM version will offer lunch, dinner and late night snacks, with a slimmed down menu of Andina favorites and plenty of craft cocktails.

Platt says that the smaller space will allow his kitchen crew to be more playful when it comes to creating dishes, pointing specifically to their ceviche, which will get made with a greater variety of locally sourced seafood once the market opens.
...continues at Eater PDX.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2015, 12:55 AM

Awesome, so nice to see this project coming together. I would love to see some new infill in this historic neighborhood. It has great bones but has never been much of a draw outside Saturday Market or weekend bar crawling. The upcoming time share project nearby will help too.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2015, 9:22 PM

On the City Council agenda for next week:

Quote:
641 TIME CERTAIN: 2:30 PM – Amend the Central City Plan District to increase the height limit on Block U of Couch Addition and support construction of a headquarters building for the Multnomah County Health Department (Ordinance introduced by Mayor Hales; amend Title 33) 45 minutes requested

Old Posted Jun 15, 2015, 7:47 PM

Surround Architecture have submitted their designs for renovation and expansion of the Grove Hotel for Historic Resource Review:

Quote:
This project consists of a renovation of an existing three-story building with basement and construction of a new nine story , 44,200 sf concrete building

Old Posted Jun 16, 2015, 11:43 PM

County Health building could be twice as high as planned

just another blurb on the height limit proposal for the County Health building next to Bud Clark Commons...

County Health building could be twice as high as planned
Written by Steve Law
Portland Tribune
Published Monday June 15, 2015

Quote:
Multnomah County has decided its new Health Department building in Old Town/Chinatown must be a lot larger than originally planned, which means it would need to be 150 tall on a site zoned for only 75-foot-high buildings.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2015, 9:19 PM

Staff Report And Recommendation To The Landmarks Commission [PDF] for the Zellerbach Paper Co / Mason Ehrman Building Annex renovation, which recommends approval.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2015, 11:24 PM

Block 8L

Old Posted Jun 29, 2015, 7:23 PM

A building permit was issued to Siteworks Design | Build for the Pine Street Market:

Quote:
Shell only; demo interior walls on the main floor and add new walls to create bike storage room, trash room, cell data, janitorial, 2 new restrooms; change of occupancy from “S” to “B” on the 2nd and 3rd floor; seismic upgrade to the whole building separate mechanical, electrical and plumbing permits required

Old Posted Jul 7, 2015, 5:48 PM

This is the property the Worldmark by Wyndham was proposed for. It's not clear if this transaction is related to that or not.

Quote:
Prime Portland waterfront property slated for hotel trades hands

A prime piece of waterfront property with development potential has traded hands in downtown Portland.

Though initial details were limited, CBRE announced that it represented the seller in a transaction for a 14,863-square-foot parcel at 221 S.W. Naito Boulevard. The property is currently a parking lot and, according to city records, had been owned by a Portland entity called MWS L-75 LLC ET AL, which purchased it in 2009 for $700,000. Its real market value in 2014 was $1.4 million.

Graham Taylor and Carrie Kahn, CBRE’s Portland Capital Markets professionals, represented the seller in the transaction and negotiated the sale. CBRE did not disclose the buyer of the property or the selling price.
...continues at the Portland Business Journal.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2015, 3:35 AM

Next Portland, name dropped by the PBJ. :-)

Old Posted Jul 14, 2015, 6:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
Staff Report And Recommendation To The Landmarks Commission [PDF] for the Zellerbach Paper Co / Mason Ehrman Building Annex renovation, which recommends approval.
The Historic Landmarks Commission approved this today.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2015, 5:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownpdx View Post
Btw is the Grove Hotel still a go? I read about a developer suing the city over the R2D2 site because he couldn't find investors to redevelop the Grove. Was that for a previous proposal? I hope the current one is still happening.
Yes -- there's a pending Design Review for the project, and they have a building permit under review. The lawsuit is being filed by the previous developer.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2015, 7:04 PM

Quote:
Old Town's new apartments: Erickson Saloon and Fritz Hotel (photos/video)

The public is welcome to an all-ages party in downtown Portland's Old Town, just as the neighborhood shows signs of transitioning with the Society Hotel, The Grove Hotel and other possible developments.

Non-profit Innovative Housing is celebrating the completion of the Erickson Fritz Apartments, which contain 62 studio and one-bedroom units, including 52 reserved as affordable housing.

Two historic buildings were joined in the $15.9 million, year-long project. Both the Erickson Saloon and Fritz Hotel Buildings, built in 1912, were stripped down and materials salvaged for the renovation. That includes original brick walls and wooden stair tread and railings. Charred structural beams that survived a 1970's fire are visible in some areas, lending an archaeological air alongside brand new fixtures.
...continues at the Oregonian.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2015, 8:18 PM
9-7-2oh1-!

Good lord that's gorgeous. Look at those materials. Exposed brick, hardwood floors... that ceiling and that horizontal beam. And those windows. It's so great to see older buildings like this come back to life. I wonder what will fill the retail space.

I love seeing good things happen in Old Town.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2015, 9:23 PM

Hmmm....my lease is up in September. That space is looking awfully tempting.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2015, 11:28 PM
9-7-2oh1-!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
Hmmm....my lease is up in September. That space is looking awfully tempting.
I'm sure they'll be long gone by September. I can't find any information on square footage or prices.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2015, 11:46 PM
Karma Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2oh1 View Post
I'm sure they'll be long gone by September. I can't find any information on square footage or prices.
Probably because there's such a long waiting list for affordable housing. The units are most likely already accounted for.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland