HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates

2118 Richmond in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • London Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Mar 26, 2011, 2:56 PM
BANNED

2118 Richmond | 15 fl | ? | Proposed

2118 Richmond Street - The purpose and effect of this amendment is to allow a 15 storey (40m), 260 unit (300units/ha) apartment building to be constructed on the property. Possible amendment to Change the Zoning By-law Z.-1 from a Urban Reserve (UR1) Zone which permits existing uses to a Residential R10 Special Provision (R10-2 (_)*H40*D300) Zone which permits a a 15 storey (40m), 260 unit (300units/ha) apartment building with an minimum exterior side yard setback of 3m, a landscaped open space of 27% and a density of 300 units per hectare. Change the Official Plan land use designation from "Multi Family Medium Density Residential" to "Multi Family High Density Residential" to allow for the apartment use.
File: OZ-7890 Planner: Craig Smith

Old Posted Mar 27, 2011, 2:04 AM
The Vomit Bag.

^what is the nearest cross street?

cancel that. Googled it myself:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&biw...ed=0CBUQ8gEwAA

way out in the sticks.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2011, 4:32 AM
Torontonian Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
^what is the nearest cross street?

cancel that. Googled it myself:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&biw...ed=0CBUQ8gEwAA

way out in the sticks.
I originally thought that this was going up near Windermere, but then I remembered "Hey wait a minute... the TD Bank is sixteen-hundred-something Richmond, and that's well north of Windermere... OH GOD SUNNINGDALE ROAD???"

The people who buy these units will have a fantastic view of the countryside.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2011, 12:36 AM

Any units facing south would actually have one hell of a view of the city, well from 8 floors up or so, if I know my topography and tree line.
Is the reason this development is happening here because land is much cheaper on the edge of the Urban growth boundry? I could think of many places 15 stories would infill wonderfully.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2011, 2:07 AM
Wannabe Urbanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FazDeH View Post
Any units facing south would actually have one hell of a view of the city, well from 8 floors up or so, if I know my topography and tree line.
Is the reason this development is happening here because land is much cheaper on the edge of the Urban growth boundry? I could think of many places 15 stories would infill wonderfully.
Ya, I'm always wondering about these urban/rural fringe apartment towers myself. London seems to have a habit of building them. There's the ones around Wonderland and Southdale, new one at Hyde Park, and the one just down the road from this proposal on Richmond. I suppose it's better than low density sprawl, but I'm pretty sure that urban living is never what crosses these developers minds (parking lots, often surrounded by big box stores or new subdivisions). Do many other cities build sizeable apartment buildings next to farms?

Old Posted Apr 26, 2011, 2:56 AM

The building would certainly seem out of place if it were built now. But I think it will fit in nicely when Upper Richmond Village is completed, if it ever gets built.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2011, 1:21 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Seems to be an Ontario thing. Swathes of Apartment towers went up in Toronto in the 1960s as greenfield developments. Continues up until the present day in the MissingSausage, crOakville. etc.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2011, 8:01 PM
BANNED

Revised notice

http://www.london.ca/Planning_and_De...isedNotice.pdf

Looks like the developer is still wanting to build this, but at a reduced density

Old Posted Nov 24, 2018, 9:02 PM

Heavy equipment on site and clearing and excavation work underway. This is or was York's property and they had plans for a 10s tower. Wonder if the plans have changed?

Old Posted Mar 20, 2019, 12:32 AM

Looks like this will be condos and York has given it a name - Astoria.

http://www.astorialondon.ca/

Old Posted Mar 20, 2019, 7:16 AM
Midtowner since 2K

Holy hell, the city is really building out on it's edges. Another highrise right next to the fields? London is one wild town....

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates