HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

The Alexander in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 4:36 PM

This is a good tenant for the building. I hope it inspires ore wealthy families to settle in this area and increases the political capital and will to cap this stretch of Vine Street.

https://philly.curbed.com/2018/1/10/...-daycare-lease

Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 5:06 PM

I think this morning is the first time I drove by on the Vine Street Expy with no Alexander construction going on above ground level. It looks tremendous. I don't know whether it fits either's business model, but if the Archdiocese could partner with the Mormons on Cathedral Square......

Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 7:46 PM

The learning center is a great addition and adds much needed services to that area. Should act as a springboard.

Exciting.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2018, 1:47 PM

Old Posted Feb 11, 2018, 1:57 PM

I LOVE this. What a stunning, classy building. Gets a 10 out of 10 from me! I think this is the perfect candidate for a condo conversion down the line if Vine Street Expressway gets capped. And possibly even if not. Needn't be the entire building. Could be part condos, part apartments. I'd love to see what the views look like from the interior windows. I may take a tour here even though we own. I really just want to see the inside. Some units with terraces and balconies facing the Center City skyline would be nice, but it's hard to do that right without compromising the exterior aesthetic.

Old Posted Feb 11, 2018, 2:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
I LOVE this. What a stunning, classy building. Gets a 10 out of 10 from me! I think this is the perfect candidate for a condo conversion down the line if Vine Street Expressway gets capped. And possibly even if not. Needn't be the entire building. Could be part condos, part apartments. I'd love to see what the views look like from the interior windows. I may take a tour here even though we own. I really just want to see the inside. Some units with terraces and balconies facing the Center City skyline would be nice, but it's hard to do that right without compromising the exterior aesthetic.
Re my last post, ceiling heights might also be low for a condo. Philly NEEDS a condo building of this caliber (for its exterior)! I've come around on 500 Walnut and think it is an interesting building, but neither it nor One Riverside are top modern architecture and do not approach the stunning timelessness of this.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2018, 3:07 AM

Old Posted Feb 17, 2018, 12:48 AM
Mr. Technology

Just in time for the Eagles Parade of Champions!!

Old Posted Feb 19, 2018, 12:27 AM

I think it's safe to say this building is COMPLETE. The thread will be moved to the Completed Projects Archive.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive