HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > 2010 Olympic Winter Games [Archive]

Old Posted Feb 21, 2010, 11:36 PM

If there is a riot it will be only because of police interference. Since I think our police force is filled with absolute morons from top to bottom then I sure wont be suprised. Their already heading that way by over policing and interfering with citizens simly having fun.

And closing liquor stores at 7pm on a saturday during the olympics, giving tickets out to people having a beer on the street, how fuckin stupid can the police and our city be. Idiots.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2010, 12:27 AM
Glorfied Overrated Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornholio View Post
If there is a riot it will be only because of police interference. Since I think our police force is filled with absolute morons from top to bottom then I sure wont be suprised. Their already heading that way by over policing and interfering with citizens simly having fun.

And closing liquor stores at 7pm on a saturday during the olympics, giving tickets out to people having a beer on the street, how fuckin stupid can the police and our city be. Idiots.
Couldn't agree more with the over policing/security. I've thought the liquor stores should've been allowed to be open until 2am during the games. This prevents major sales and people stocking up on booze, and therefore drinking more in a shorter period of time.

I also doubt the protesters that damaged the HBC or the Hotel Georgia site were under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Pinky: I think so, Brain, but this time, you put the trousers on the chimp.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2010, 12:48 AM

^^ Agreed with above 2.
From an economic standpoint, the police is better off encouraging a riot since it scares the general public and they get more funding as a result.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2010, 12:54 AM
Reason and Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by zivan56 View Post
From an economic standpoint, the police is better off encouraging a riot since it scares the general public and they get more funding as a result.
So now we know who is holding the "Investigate 911" sign during the CTV broadcasts on Robson Street.

Last edited by Prometheus; Feb 22, 2010 at 1:30 AM.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2010, 2:57 AM

The riot begins now!

Old Posted Feb 22, 2010, 3:03 AM
Hello World

Quick, Downtown In Riot Yet ???

Old Posted Feb 22, 2010, 3:09 AM

i just watched this live from china, i guess it is a war lost...

the narrator kept affirming how much the canadian players earnt, and how slow they were, i guess they were carrying too much cash on them they couldn't move quick enough...

and kesler....

Old Posted Feb 22, 2010, 3:17 AM

OMG Sears is on fire! This is what happens when SSP'ers riot!

http://www.livestream.com/bcmclivechannel

Ron.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2010, 3:32 AM

and Canada is losing to China in curling too

lol

Old Posted Feb 22, 2010, 3:37 AM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post

lol
A bit early to call the game no? Who had last stone in the 1st?

Old Posted Feb 22, 2010, 3:59 AM

no idea

apparently they never showed the game downtown in hopes to subdue the crowds

Old Posted Feb 22, 2010, 4:28 AM

The Chinese womens curling team is practically Canadian anyways They're all from just outside Edmonton.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2010, 5:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post

lol
Chinas curling is like its `Louis Vuitton`bags.. nice from the start.. but quickly gets old and tired.

Ron.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2010, 5:22 AM
Hello World

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfBC View Post
Chinas curling is like its `Louis Vuitton`bags.. nice from the start.. but quickly gets old and tired.

Ron.
They won the previous world championship and sit in 3rd currently, so they are not to be underestimated.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2010, 9:31 AM
EdInVan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabotp View Post
Hence forth why I feel the police should just shoot and kill anyone involved in a riot. No questions asked. I know it cruel, but that is how I feel.
You'd certainly have the support of our current federal government. Personally, I think we should just bring eugenics back to Canada.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2010, 9:37 AM
EdInVan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornholio View Post
Their already heading that way by over policing and interfering with citizens simly having fun.
It's truly sad when 'fun' means riding the Skytrain in from Whalley, getting plastered, and screaming in the streets like a raving banshee until four in the morning.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2010, 9:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinVan View Post
You'd certainly have the support of our current federal government. Personally, I think we should just bring eugenics back to Canada.
I'm actually a non-support of the Conservatives. Too right wing for me. I sit more on the extreme left wing. But at the same time I can't stand idiots. Hell they were born with a brain, so why don't they use it.

I don't know about you or anyone here. But I sure as hell in my entire lifetime had the desire or need to want to start a riot.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2010, 3:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabotp View Post
I'm actually a non-support of the Conservatives. Too right wing for me. I sit more on the extreme left wing. But at the same time I can't stand idiots. Hell they were born with a brain, so why don't they use it.

I don't know about you or anyone here. But I sure as hell in my entire lifetime had the desire or need to want to start a riot.
Secret police and brutality against citizens are where the extreme right and left unite (Hitler, Stalin). Proof that in fact we can all agree.

As for these idiots, yes. I'm in favor of big-brother type monitoring in busy downtown areas, so in fact we can see "the whole story" when somebody claims police brutality, etc. That is, they incite the police, then cry foul when they get what's coming to them.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2010, 3:18 PM
loafing in lotusland

Quote:
It's truly sad when 'fun' means getting plastered, and screaming in the streets like a raving banshee until four in the morning.
There, I fixed that for you.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2010, 5:09 PM
In Love With YVRthing

Quote:
It's truly sad when 'fun' means getting plastered, and screaming in the streets like a raving banshee until four in the morning.
Woof.

Might as well just shoot me now! Seriously you guys, instead of prognosticating about riots on here during the game, go out in the streets and enjoy! Make sure there's NOT a riot by being a cheering fan in a bar instead of a naysayer in front of a computer.

Of course there are your average drunken lugs who go out and piss on things and get their beers poured out. There's also a tremendous sense of joy and pride in the crowd, even AFTER a loss like last night's. As the only American cheering in a crowded bar, never once did I even get a hateful look. A few guys even came up afterwards and gave me a grudging congratulations.

This is the thing: when you experience the games through your computer and through the newspaper and through the statistics about how many dollars and how many search lights and how many centimetres of snow, you don't actually feel the excitement and the joy of being among fellow human beings, all cheering for something GOOD to happen, whether it's for themselves or for someone else. It's great, and ruins any arguement about this being the 'worst games ever'. You wouldn't know it from all of y'alls 'kill the rioters'/'drinking is evil' standpoint. Go have some fun, hug someone you don't know, cheer on a team. If you still don't feel your heart glowing a little more, feel free to come back and shoot/euthanize/lock up this drunken smiling idiot. You know where I'll be.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > 2010 Olympic Winter Games [Archive]